Calling Out

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reading Minds -
Sorcery
Call (You may name a card when you cast this spell.)
Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand and that opponent reveals the chosen card. 
If you called a card, that opponent reveals his or her hand. Then, if the named card is among the revealed cards, the chosen card becomes the named card instead. Otherwise, counter ~.
Then, draw cards equal to the chosen card's converted mana cost.

Basically lets you choose a card you know that is in that player's hand. What do ya think?
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
So... what?
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Why didn't you make call a game action like clash? That seems to be the most natural way to utilize it. I even began to read it like that.

Name a card. Target opponent reveals a card at random. If you called it, that player reveals their hand. If the named card isn't revealed this way, counter ~. Otherwise, the named card becomes a copy of card you called, then draw cards equal to its converted mana cost. (To call a card, name a card as you cast this spell.)

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Confusing for marginal gain.

But it would be fun to hit Emrakul and live the dream.
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
Hehe, 15 card draw. Well, anyway, the idea came from someone who suggested a set where information matters a lot time ago (Think it was Q?). Well, it is not elegant and I am pretty sure there are better ways to execute such an idea.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
CHOOSE ONE THING AND DO IT
Well, if it is one thing.

Reading Minds -
Sorcery
Name a card. Target opponent reveals his or her hand, if the named card is among the revealed cards, you draw cards equal to that card's converted mana cost. 

I like it this way too but I wanted something that grants a bonus for having that extra knowledge for what is in your opponent's hand.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
That would be a great mechanic that could be used on multiple cards, but maybe the power level of your effect shouldn't depend on the revealed card because your effect would be too strong or too weak in many cases.. So, maybe just something like: "Draw four cards if the named card is revealed that way."
Hmm so say something like this?

Reading Minds -  
Sorcery
Name a card. Target opponent reveals his or her hand. Draw four cards if the named card is revealed this way.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Yeah, I prefer the version that you just posted!
1) Ability should probably not be triggered. Make it an additional cost or something.
2) Second line is useless. You're going to see his entire hand if you named something anyway.
3) "That card" isn't very specific. He can have multiple cards with the same name.
4) Causes some problems with basic lands.
5) What do you mean "becomes" the chosen cards? Do you have any idea how many rules questions this would make? And since most objects change identity upon changing zone, it's questionable how relevant it really is, but it causes a lot of problems since the hand is a hidden zone.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

5) What do you mean "becomes" the chosen cards? Do you have any idea how many rules questions this would make? And since most objects change identity upon changing zone, it's questionable how relevant it really is, but it causes a lot of problems since the hand is a hidden zone.

I think he means that the card that will be used for "...equal to the chosen card's converted mana cost." will  be the named card, not that it will become a copy or something like that.
Okay, a bit weird, but sure.
I also just noticed what the chosen card really meant, so disregard my second comment.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)