D&D Past and Future: Interview with Brand Director Nathan Stewart

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D In The News
D&D Past and Future: Interview with Brand Director Nathan Stewart

By ICv2

Wizards of the Coast’s seminal tabletop roleplaying gameDungeons and Dragons is in a period of intense change, with an extended period of development of the new edition coupled with mining the past of D&D by reprinting earlier editions.  ICv2 had the opportunity to ask Dungeons and Dragonsbrand director Nathan Stewart a few questions about the company’s plans.

Talk about this interview here.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

he talks about nothing but reprints, boardgames, and 5e, so this shouldnt be in the 4e forums. it has nothing to do with 4e.
The article title is interestingly redundant.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I clicked on the article eagerly, hoping to learn something more of where D&D was headed.

It took me about 30 seconds to be disappointed.    Nothing at all useful to see here, move along.
I found the article short, but interesting:
- "The plan is to continue to tie (boardgame) releases to our yearly theme": Interesting
- "a couple of fan favorite reprints planned for 3.5": I'm hoping for Manual of the Planes (for various reasons).
- "We don’t have an official name yet...  D&D Next is just the moniker"
: Good to know

this shouldnt be in the 4e forums

Isn't this the correct location for "D&D In The News" links?
Oops i misplaced the thread. I will ask for it to be moved to a more appropriate forum.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Yeah, there hasn't been any 4e news since....Heroes of Elemental Chaos?