Mitotic Slime token in D13

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is anyone else not having the 2-2 mitotic slime tokens break down into two 1-1 slime tokens in the D13 golgari deck
Is anyone else not having the 2-2 mitotic slime tokens break down into two 1-1 slime tokens in the D13 golgari deck

Are you playing on iPad? Also, welcome to the forums!

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

yeah, on i-pad.  and thanks.
Yeah it seems to be only happening on the iPad version

It's listed in the Bug Reports thread
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... 
oh, well at least they know about it, now i guess it just a matter of time before they fix stuff and do an update i guess.  At least its not just my app.  Thanks for responding.

Yup, I'll make sure to forward the info on to the design team. If you run into any other problems, check out the bug thread (Squinter linked it) ahead of time to see if it's something people are already reporting. There appear to be one or two unexpected card issues that people are running into, and Robvalue's bug thread is invaluable for collecting information like that.

Sean Gibbons

@Wizards_Sean: "One or two unexpected card issues"?!?!? Look, I'm not trying to be hostile and I know you don't owe me or this board anything, but, is anything going to actually be done about these problems? I read a whole lot of "forwarding" of things to the "design team". If the "design team" had actually played with the card (on iPad) they would have seen it's only functioning at, like, 50% strength.

Look, the whole Serra Ascendant "fix" was a nice gesture by the team, but I'd much rather have fixes on cards that aren't working as intended.

Then we've got stuff like data loss, end-step connection issues (granted, it only happens to me maybe once every 50 games or so across two platforms, but when it does happen, it usually costs me the game), the partying up with a friend in a non-custom 2HG game (though honestly, I don't know if that's still a problem), etc. etc. etc.

Duels is supposed to be the "gateway to Magic". The product, as is, without little things like land editing and an actual interactive stack, is really going to gimp those new people who show up to a Return to Ravnica pre-release this coming weekend. I'm already dreading having a judge called on me a million times because someone who learned (or didn't learn at all) silly little things Duels lets fly is all confused.

I know you don't work for Stainless, and none of this is really you're fault, but a little insight as to what actually goes on behind the scenes to make this game better would be greatly appreciated.

I'll try not to bother you again. Sorry man.

I said I'd try not to bother you again, but I have failed. Like a petulant child, I'm back. I just wanted to share this with you (I've already posted it on the bugs page) in an effort to get your attention and mayyyyyyybe even get some sort of response.

This is on the bug-free haven known as the iPad:

Garruk player casts Predatory Rampage . No biggie. I can double block his Fangren Firstborn and still have a chance to recover.

OH HAYYYYYYELLLLLL NO.

Game auto-asigns blockers for me. I lose my two dudes. He loses none. I'm pretty much dead from there.

magiccards.info/query?q=predatory+rampag...

7/1/2012: Your opponent still chooses which attacking creature each creature he or she controls blocks.

Again, I ask: "One or two unexpected card issues"? Really? That bug thread is getting biblical in length.
The Bug Thread gets epic proportions every year.

These kind of things happen when people dont test their games before realese. I mean, there is a set number of cards. Make a list with a check-box or something next to each & tick when tested.

But, whatever. They (stain-not-so-less) are probably working on Magic 2014 as we type here. 

Game auto-asigns blockers for me. I lose my two dudes. He loses none. I'm pretty much dead from there.

7/1/2012: Your opponent still chooses which attacking creature each creature he or she controls blocks.

Again, I ask: "One or two unexpected card issues"? Really? That bug thread is getting biblical in length.

This makes me wonder if the dev team at Stainless Games has even played Magic in the past beyond a couple of introductory matches...
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I said I'd try not to bother you again, but I have failed. Like a petulant child, I'm back. I just wanted to share this with you (I've already posted it on the bugs page) in an effort to get your attention and mayyyyyyybe even get some sort of response.

Garruk player casts Predatory Rampage . No biggie. I can double block his Fangren Firstborn and still have a chance to recover.

OH HAYYYYYYELLLLLL NO.

I apologize if my response came across as side-stepping in any way, mobius. I'm definitely seeing the extra bug reports coming in post-patch, and I'll continue to let the rest of the team know about these issues. I can't speak to potential future product releases or updates until they're officially announced, but if there's ever a response from Wizards addressing a known issue I'll either post it in regards to the bug report or as a new topic entirely.

The main purpose of my response was to direct Red_archmage (and any future forum visitors that read this thread) to the optimal place for posting and discussing game issues in thie forum: the bug thread. I saw that you posted your bug there as well and received a response saying the blockers can be reassigned after the game initially assigns them. Whether or not that's the case (I don't like disregarding bug reports until they've been looked at by multiple people), it's the kind of discussion the bug thread is great at providing, and it often leads to revealing important details regarding the issues players experience. Hopefully the problem you're describing can be further narrowed down within that thread.

Sean Gibbons

I work in this field...

Sometimes Dev teams have no idea about the product they are designated to code for. Usually there is a seperate testing team. Testing teams are suppose to be familiar with the product and run test cases. When a bug is found a defect is opened and sent back to developement and is fixed. A retest is then conducted to ensure the fix actually works.

It is probably a lack of a good testing team. Probably outsourced to India...    
@Wizards_Sean: Thanks for the response, and sorry for the pseudo-blowup. I guess I reached a little bit of a boiling point and fixated too much on the "one or two" part of the response. Again, I know this stuff isn't your fault, and you appear to be doing your best with regards to communicating with the community as best you can/are allowed.

I just hope all this venting does lead to an improved product eventually.

OH HAYYYYYYELLLLLL NO.

On xbox 360 it auto assigns all blockers, but you can cancel blockers and choose to block as you wish, i think it does the mass auto block to make matters simpler and makes sure you don't time out of the effect, because that would be even more broken 
Mitotic slime token bug still occuring, 8 months later

And now with 1 month left for DoTP2014 there's about zero chance it will ever be fixed.

You beat me to it 
Sign In to post comments