Frenetic Efreet

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I activate Frenetic Efreet's ability twice in a row and win the first flip, do I still sacrifice it if I lose the second flip? If so, does a phased-out creature dying trigger effects like Vicious Shadows?
Rules Advisor
since it is phased out you can't sacrifice it
proud member of the 2011 community team
No, and not possible for the second question. Phased out critters cannot die.

If I activate Frenetic Efreet's ability twice in a row and win the first flip, do I still sacrifice it if I lose the second flip?

You can't sacrifice something that doesn't exist.
702.24b If a permanent phases out, its status changes to "phased out." Except for rules and effects that specifically mention phased-out permanents, a phased-out permanent is treated as though it does not exist. It can't affect or be affected by anything else in the game.

No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
No, a creature that is phased out is treated as though it's not on the battlefield for all purposes except those rules and effects which specifically include phased out permanents. Since Frenetic Efreet's ability does not, so it cannot cause a phased out Frenetic Efreet to be sacrificed.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
No and inapplicable, respectively. After the first flip, the Efreet is either dead or phased out, and either way, can't be sacrificed (or phased out again for that matter).
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Ok, thanks!
Rules Advisor