Dance For Me, Monkeys: A Contest of Razorborne Proportions: Keywords Edition

257 posts / 0 new
Last post
it's that time again, where I exploit my name recognition to get myself more work than I want to do! I have recently found that I, somehow, am in possession of some free time, and I need you guys to help me get rid of it.

for those of you who were not here or did not participate last time, DFMM is my on-going contest series, where I toss out a random criteria when one strikes me. last time, we took a look at Lords, ending with silasw taking home the cup with an awesome horse lord. see the whole thread, including a GM interruption, here.

now, I want to get this out of the way because it's something many people missed last time. READ THE ENTIRE CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING. last time I had almost 40 entries, I have no qualms whatsoever about disqualifying those who disqualify. many people last round saw "Lord" and decided that the entire criteria was "make a lord". it was not, and those of them that didn't fix it did not get graded. I will be equally harsh this time. I hate disqualifying people after all the hard work they put in, please don't make me do it.

now you may be asking yourself "but razor, what reward exists for participation?" first of all you are not razor, please do not adress yourself as such. second, Razorpoints! they're like regular points but I give them out. they're my attempt at an overarching reward system. first of all, every time I post a contest, you get to see your name at the top of the scoreboard like silasw and Steinhauser. but more importantly, whenever I run a limited entry contest, I will set aside a few "invitational" entry slots for the entrants with the most razorpoints. they don't even have to participate in the audition if they don't want to. it's the fast track to entry. there may be other rewards as well, as I come up with them. anyway, the current razorpoints standing are as follows:
razorpoints hall of fame

1.  Silasw, 6 points, Captain's Warhorse.

2. Steinhauser, 5 points, Yawning Monarch.

3. MagicPablo, 4 points, Snow-Blind Maniac.

4. Tekkahedron, 3 points, Aetherplax Goliath.

5. Kavu_Overlord, 2 points, Twinbound Guardian.

6. Pietro_Aronica, 1 point, Ogre Tactician.

[/sblock]
and how do you get razorpoints? well, it's simple, really. in DFMMs, razorpoints are given to the top X participants, where X is the square root of the number of total participants, rounded off. so the more people participate, the more points are up for grabs. other contests I run may use different point structures. who knows? point is, be good at card design, show me that you're good, and you'll wind up with some razorpoints to call your own. it's not a complex procedure.

and on the grading criteria: last time I found that non-numeric grading worked really well. I critique all the designs, then I sit back and think about which ones I like best. it helps avoid stupid crap like my mood causing someone to gain a 1-point lead, because that's dumb and I hate when that happens. numeric grades are dumb. but I will give some good feedback to everyone, don't worry. except Rush. he knows what he did.

so lets talk about this round's criteria. it has recently come to my attention thanks to Imidazoline's criteria theme in World Champs that even the best designers on these boards often have trouble with keywords. except Fallingman, and I'm pretty sure he's cheating. that guy aside, keyword design is one of the hardest things to do in fantasy fantasy card design, because it requires you to work on such a broad scope. you can't just make a cool card, you have to make ten cool cards, and support five-ten more decent ones. it has to be simple enough to disappear into the player's brainspace while being interesting enough to excite them. it has to be able to completely carry a card with nothing else, and it has to be able to be played with in intriguing ways. a keyword has to be a jack of all trades, and that's what makes it so damn hard. so!

CRITERIA
let's make it even harder. first I want you to design a keyword. imagine it's for your big fall block. if it's a creature keyword, it goes on a 1/1 for 1, a big dumb guy, and all the others. if it's a spell mechanic, it goes on a burn spell, a draw spell, probably a pump spell, and the rest of them. you guys know how this works. so. once your keyword is designed, show me the second set twist. it doesn't have to be revolutionary, as long as you can explain why a) it's a good twist, and b) the first set didn't need it. things like transform triggers, or landfall on instants. heck, show me multikicker or landcycling I don't care, just show me your mechanic has the potential to grow.

as a hint, I will be looking at your mechanic's ability to function without your twist. that's important.  I'm not gonna demand an explanation paragraph, since those can be boring to write, I get it, but if you feel that there's any ambiguity, it's probably in your best interest to write one. it can do nothing but help.

EDIT: keyword actions and ability words are both fine as well.

you have 48 hours. go!

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Keyword design?
This is new and interesting.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Keyword design?
This is new and interesting.

not everyone is in that one contest.

One would assume you would get tired of it too.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

One would assume you would get tired of it too.

like I said, I find it fascinating that it's an area that many of the best designers on this forum struggle with. I certainly do.

Keyword and not keyword action?
Keyword and not keyword action?

if you want to make a keyword action, that's fine. I should also amend it to state that ability words are fine, since I used landfall as an example and all.

As a lover of storm, dredge and cascade (and combos in general), this has been something I've been fine-tuning for a while. It's pretty much Affinity for spells you've cast this turn .

Chaincast X (This spell costs X less to cast for each spell you have cast this turn).

Designed to be "finishers" and reward players for casting lots of spells in one turn. Not restricted to card type to leave design space opened.

Here are some examples:

Boltsurge|:R:|Instant|Common
~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player
Chaincast

Resounding Alarm|:W:|Sorcery|Uncommon
Put three 1/1 white soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Chaincast

Thoughtstream|:U::U::U::U::U::U:|Sorcery|Rare
Draw a card for each spell you've cast this turn.
Chaincast

Widespread Decay|:Xm::Xm::B::B:|Sorcery|Mythic Rare
Each opponent discards X cards and Sacrifices X permanents.
Chaincast X, where X is equal to the number of spells you've cast this turn. (This spell costs X less for each spell you've cast this turn).

now you may be asking yourself "but razor, what reward exists for participation?" first of all you are not razor, please do not adress yourself as such.

Actually my name is Razor. Razor Burns. My parents were sick, sick people. I can't even grow facial hair, because of the trauma.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Okay - I've been considering the Name space recently so I'm going to keyword it. My set is full of tutors in every colour. Black discard is a big thing. Sphinx tribal. That sort of stuff - I mean things were you name cards.

Final Entry

Martyr of M'Nool
Creature - Elemental Spirit (R)
Haste
At the beginning of the end step, return Martyr of M'Nool its owner's hand.
Identity - If Martyr of M'Nool has been named, it gains ", Exile this card from your hand: Add to your mana pool."

4/2

Flavour text, if there were space: "The Earth shook, the Sun rose, the Stars lighted, the Oceans boiled - So incensed were they at the passing of the Martyr." - The Tale of the Martyr of M'Nool

Twisted Cards

Hmm - this is hard. How to twist this one? Let me try simple cost reduction/some other stuff. The original effects all effect how it works on the battlefield. These ones effect how it works in your hand.

Vain Contessa
Creature - Human Advisor (U)
White spells cost less to cast.
Identity - If Vain Contessa has been named, it costs less to cast.

"One compliment is worth a thousand warriors."

1/1

Hashishin1
Creature - Cat Assassin (R)
: Destroy target tapped creature
Identity - If Hashishin has been named, you may cast it any time you could cast an instant spell.

"The Hashishin are the proudest of assassins - you must not only hire them; they require wooing as well."

3/2

Joule Hog
Creature - Spirit Boar (C)
Identity - If Joule Hog has been named, it gains, "Exile this card from your hand: Gain 3 Life."

"Dangerous Beast! Delicious Feast!"

2/2

1Since the set is so focused on names, this name is not meant to imply anything about the personal habits of this dangerous cat. Instead it is related to the etymological history of the word "assassin" as Wikipedia tells it. I feel that etymology should play a large part in the naming of the cards - though I'll have to do quite a bit more research in order to make that a reality.

Cards Featuring the Mechanic

Chosen Hero
Creature - Minotaur Rebel (U)
Haste
Identity - If Chosen Hero has been named, it enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it.

1/1

Boskseeker
Creature - Elf Shaman (C)
Identity - If Boskseeker has been named, when it enters the battlefield name a land.

2/2

Essence of Appellation
Creature - Elemental Avatar (R)
Flying
Identity - If Essence of Appellation has been named, each card in each library shares a name with it.

"I bring a new era. An era in which no being, object, or location goes without knowledge of its own self. Each shall have a moniker - and from this our land shall be cleansed."

6/6
alt. flavour text: Malkovich Malkovich? Malkovich. Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich!

Support Cards

Sunrise Sphinx
Creature - Sphinx (R)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, name a card. Spells that share a name with the chosen name can't be countered.

"The Sphinx speaks no palaver - every composition of syllables is carefully chosen."

4/4

Edified Delve
Instant (C)
Name a card. Draw a card.

"In order to learn, one must often teach."

Epithetizor
Creature - Satyr Wizard (U)
: Change the name of any card in any zone until end of turn. (You may change the name of that card to any other legal name)

"What was it again? Kurble? I always have so much trouble with names."

1/1

Cartographic Quest 
Sorcery (U)
Name a card. Search your library for a land card with the chosen name, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

"Certain places will not let you find them, until you have discovered them."

Not quite support, but this set includes a cycle of enemy-coloured dual lands:

Sweltering Mistwood
Land (U)
Sweltering Mistwood enters the battlefield tapped, unless it has been named.
: Add or to your mana pool.

Reprints

Liar's Pendulum
Predict
Runed Halo
Spoils of the Vault

I'm not a big fan of reprinting cards, so these four are the possible entries. LP for sure. The others, not necessarily in.

The Plane

Aeons ago, there was a Plane that thrived in peace and harmony with its inhabitants. Life for the residents of this Plane was quiet and prosperous. War did not exist - and there was little to no hardship. The villages of this Plane were easy going places. One could waste afternoon after afternoon dosing off under a tree in the warmth of the daylight. The cities, however, were slightly more bustling. Now don't get me wrong - they weren't teaming with action and mayhem, but if you wanted to have a pleasant time, perhaps meet a stranger, or hear some music, you'd want to go to the cities of this Plane.

One evening, much like all the others, the day was coming to a close. But there was something different about this evening - something exciting. In the hills behind one of the largest and most prosperous cities on the Plane, a flash of light appeared. It disappeared as quickly as it had come, but something remained. A man. He was a 'Walker. He'd come from far away, seeking refuge from his sins, from his past. He sought to forget his deeds. Filled with shame and fear the man slowly headed down the hill. He came to the city. A festival was occurring, and bright lanterns hung overhead. Music filled the ears of all present, and delightful treats were available for consumption.

Looking around at the smiling faces, and hearing the laughter and the strumming of stringed instruments and the blowing of horns, the man was filled with loathing. He hated these people and he hated himself. No, he could not forget the actions that had driven him here - little did he know, his greatest Evil was yet to come. He found a room at an inn, and paying for it with exotic foreign currency, he strode upstairs into his temporary quarters.

A small room, with a large bed, a little desk with a chair, and two red curtains. This was as close to home as the man would ever come again. He removed one of the curtains from its rod and cut a length of it with his sabre. Testing it out, he thought it strong enough. Standing upon the chair, he tossed one end of the torn curtains over the beams that supported the ceiling. He tied a good knot - strong. This knot would hold. Then, a noose.

In the morning, the housekeeper came in to make his bed and bring him a little breakfast. She found him there, in no mood for eating. The authorities were notified and the lowered his lifeless body from suspension. Examining the contents of his pockets, looking for some clue, the found the bottle. Thin and made out of some kind of rough red glass, they peered into it. When they removed the cork that held it shut, everything changed, a misty fog flowed out of it and corrupted the very air. As these men breathed it in, their minds darkened. They began to forget what they were doing, and where they were, and eventually they came to forget even who they were. The fog spread red across the City. As it came into contact with air, it changed the chemical structure into something entirely different - still breathable, but with some nasty side effects.

It didn't take long for the Fog to spread over the entire land, wiping clean memories as it went. Soon, there wasn't a soul on the Plane who could even remember what Plane he or she lived on - and that is the reason I cannot tell you the name of the Plane.

But, a savior did come. Not unlike the spreader of this Fog, she too was a Planeswalker. Using her magic to protect herself, Bliqu'e, crosses the Plane, slowly healing its atmosphere. As she goes, she names everything, and everyone. Without these new and enchanted names the people of this land cannot retain anything. She has chosen to call the Plane Rojifal. Naming each and every person and thing is a slow and grueling process, but Bliqu'e will not stop until it is finished, until all of these nameless faces have become people once more.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Okay - I've been considering the Name space recently so I'm going to keyword it. My set is full of tutors in every colour. Black discard is a big thing. Sphinx tribal. That sort of stuff - I mean things were you name cards.

Chosen Hero
Haste
Indentity - If ~ has been named, it enters the battelfield with two +1/+1 counters on it.

1/1

More cards later.

Is that supposed to be identity or indemnity? Only one of those makes sense, but yeah.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

Chosen Hero
Haste
Indentity - If ~ has been named, it enters the battelfield with two +1/+1 counters on it.

1/1

More cards later.

Is that supposed to be identity or indemnity? Only one of those makes sense, but yeah.

Why do I haev so many typos? By the way, Tahnks.

139359831 wrote:
Reserved Keyword Action:

Recycle (Reveal a card in your hand, then put it on the bottom of your library and draw a card)

&*#%$! you browser. This once looked a lot nicer (and the cards had names and flavor and junk)

Um yeah, recycle looks alot like cycling, but cards don't have it inherantly, so it plays differently. It is closer to red looting, but every color can have it because it is mostly a one shot effect, it isn't card advantage, and it discourages you from only chuching away land because the entire first set cares about the color of the card you are recycling. Example cards:

Red Dude
Creature - Goblin Probably
Whenever Red Dude enters the battlefield, recycle. If a red card was recycled this way, Red Dude gets haste until end of turn.
2/1

Blue Spell
Sorcery
Recycle, if a blue card was recycled this way you may repeat this process. 

Oh ho Painter's Servant shennanigans, like we haven't seen that before

Green Pump
Instant
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn, recycle. If a green spell was recycled this was, that creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn instead.

White Limited Fodder
Instant
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to you this turn, recycle. If a white card was recycled this way White Limited Fodder deals 1 damage to each attacking creature.

The Second Set Twist is that recyclers now care about more than color, they can care about card type, converted mana cost, I considered rules text but I decided I didn't want to have to balance the Clone that could reveal an ELdrazi from your hand. It also has a cycle that cares about "whenever a ___ card is recycled." Encouraging you to build recycling decks (yes, original, I know).

NekrNotTaal
Creature - Minotaur Assassin
Whenever NekrNotTaal enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature, recycle. Unless a creature card was recycled this way, sacrifice NekrNotTaal.

Yeah, that used to have a flavor justification

Loaming Garden
Enchantment
Whenever you recycle a land card, put a 1/1 green saproling creature token onto the battlefield.

Lodestone Mines
Enchantment
Whenever you recycle a red instant or sorcery card, Lodestone Mines deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

Yup, had to make the request block mechanic centric red burn enchantment. At least I made it 3 damage.

Junkbot Scavenger
Artifact Creature - Construct
Whenever Junkbot Scavenger enters the battlefield, recycle. If an artifact card is recycled this way, put a creature token onto the battlefield that is a copy of Junkbot Scanenger.
3/2

Those are all just proof of concept though, my actual card submission for the round is...

Serpentine Saboteur
Creature - Snake Rogue
: Recycle, if a blue card is recycled this way, target player puts the top 3 cards of their library into their graveyard.
1/4
An old hat in the compressor, a discarded bottle into crackshaft. One man's junk is another man's weapon. 

Yup, I combined Merfolk Looter and Vedalken Entrancer together into one card. You're welcome limited.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Well, this seems like a pretty difficult contest, but I've only got actual work to do otherwise so I might as well join. Intrigue is a mechanic I came up with for my pet block which is still in development stages (read: all in my head) it currently works as: Intrigue [Effect] (When this card becomes tapped, reveal a card from your hand. If you do, [Effect] for each type that card shares with this one). I'm particularly fond of it because it comboes flavourfully with conspire, which is also in this set. I'm not yet sure what the twist will be, but here's the first block example:

Royal Guard :B:
Creature - Human Soldier

Intrigue - Royal Guard gains your choice of first strike or deathtouch until end of turn.

2/2

Twist Workspace

Intrigue was designed to work best with Legendaries, probably not a twist to put them in. Maybe enchantment creatures? Legendary Enchantment Snow Artifact Land Creatures? Just Legendary lands with intrigue? Is that a big enough twist? Maybe they only produce coloured mana through intrigue, although that could allow them to generate more than one mana each turn - justified? If I make them not tap for mana but for a minor effect? Possibly too powerful. Twist with creatures? What if I gave it to creatures with defender, or tap effects - too obvious? Cards which grant opponents creatures nasty forms of intrigue so they hve to play around it? More later.

Twist card:
Traitor's Brand
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Permanent
Enchanted Permanent is Legendary and has 'Intrigue - Sacrifice another permanent'. 

"Your service was unremarkable. However, your betrayal will go down in history."  
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Type or subtype/creature type Morgothra?

I'm not sure if I should be this nice. 
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Type. Should I use the Tarmogoyf reminder text?
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Type. Should I use the Tarmogoyf reminder text?

Hrm. probably, but that is awfully long for a broad mechanic. It would keep your commons pretty limited.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
You shouldn't.

My imaginary set is heavily based around prediction. Oracles, seers, prophecies and stuff. Forecast and suspend are the major mechanics that I can think of for now

design space

Dream COST(While searching your library or while CARDNAME is revealed from your hand, you may cast it for COST. If you do, exile CARDNAME at the beginning of the next end step.)

disaster Thing
Creature - Horror
Dream - Pay 3 life
When ~ enters the battlefield, each player loses 3 life.
1/1

Enchantments with dream
Resurge (when casting this spell, copy it for each card with the same name in your graveyard. You may choose new targets for the copy.)

The "twist" I want to go with for this mechanic is the static ability to increase/decrease costs of spells with the same name as itself while in the yard. First, a handful of cards with the "simple" version of the mechanic; due to the on-board complexity of these cards, I have bumped the rarity of the instant-speed ones a bit and made those who strictly didn't need instant speed into sorceries. For most of these they should be okay inclusions in a limited deck as singletons (albeit not exciting), but increase dramatically in potency if you manage to pick up several copies. I think this is interesting for draft even if it adds another element of "luck matters" to Sealed.

Delve into Depths
Sorcery (C)
Draw a card.
Resurge (when casting this spell, copy it for each card with the same name in your graveyard.)
The more Finder learned from the ancient runes, the more he was convinced there was still to learn from them.

Fire from Within
Sorcery (C)
~ deals 3 damage to target creature.
Resurge (when casting this spell, copy it for each card with the same name in your graveyard. You may choose new targets for the copy.)
The people of the volcanic island of Stinn had never doubted that at the bottom of everything, there was only fire.

Primordial Power
Instant (U)
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
The hunters of Kalonia fashion charms from the animals they kill, believing that the power of the beasts will grant them strength to hunt ever larger prey.

Uphold Justice
Instant (U)
Destroy target attacking creature.
"Power may have blinded the mages, but we priests remember the laws of old." -Magriel, Archpriest of Thune

Sinister Secrets
Sorcery (R)
Search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Resurge (when casting this spell, copy it for each card with the same name in your graveyard.)
Like with other treasures, forbidden knowledge only grows more rich and tempting with age.

... These are all pretty ordinary effects of the five colors, spread across the rarities to demonstrate the keyword's use on different kinds of effects. Next, we get to the "twisted" ones that might follow these in a small set:

Bloodboil
Sorcery (C)
~ costs more to cast for each card with the same name as it in your graveyard.
~ deals 3 damage to target player.
"Stay far away from the shamans of Stinn if you're comfortable with your current body temperature." -Klack, Goblin Explorer

Ancient Duty
Sorcery (C)
~ costs less to cast for each card with the same name as it in your graveyard.
Put 2 white 1/1 Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Resurge (when casting this spell, copy it for each card with the same name in your graveyard.)
"The times may have changed, but my oath is the same as that of my ancestors." -Flavius, Soldier of Thune

Sprawling Season
Sorcery (U)
Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
"The land itself is drinking in the newfound power of our world." -Sina, Kalonia Druid

Hymn of Homecoming
Sorcery (U)
Return target creature to its owner's hand.
Resurge (when casting this spell, copy it for each card with the same name in your graveyard. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
The sirens of Evos prefer to be left alone. No sailor has yet resisted their solemn songs of homes and families waiting impatiently for their return.

Primitive Pact
Sorcery (R)
You draw 3 cards and lose 3 life.
Indulge a demon in its dealings once, and you will never escape your guilts or debts.

... And finally, a card that might be a cool stand-alone or be the teaser of this "twist" in the first set:

Ageomancy
Sorcery (MR)
~ costs more for each card with the same name as it in your graveyard.
Take an extra turn after this one.
Resurge (when casting this spell, copy it for each card with the same name in your graveyard.)
Trystane realized that he had too much power and not enough time. Luckily, to an archmage, there are solutions to even problems like those.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
How fun.

Obsessive (As this creature enters the battlefield, choose a player. This creature is obsessed with that player.)

Crazed Spellweaver
Creature - Human Wizard U
Obsessive
Whenever a card is put into the graveyard of the player ~ is obsessed with from a library, that player's opponents put that many cards from the tops of their libraries into their graveyards.
0/3

Mindsplice Demon
Creature - Demon R
Obsessive
Whenever the player ~ is obsessed with loses life, put that many -1/-1 counters on ~.
4/3

Entrenched Worshipper
Creature - Human Cleric C
Obsessive
Whenever the player ~ is obsessed with gains life, ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/3

And the twist. (Obsessions can change!)

Fleetmind Phantasm
Creature - Spirit Beast R
Obsessive
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a new player for ~ to be obsessed with. (You cannot choose the same player two turns in a row. ~ is no longer obsessed with the previous player.)
~ cannot attack a player it is obsessed with.
6/6

Raving Lunatic
Creature - Human U
Obsessive
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a new player for ~ to be obsessed with.
: The player ~ is obsessed with discards 2 cards then draws 2 cards.
1/1

Sentient Shrubbery
Creature - Plant C
Obsessive
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a new player for ~ to be obsessed with.
As long as ~ is obsessed with an opponent, it is a 5/2.
2/5

EDIT: None of these were meant to be specifically graded, this was more of an exploration of what the mechanic can do. Try to keep this in mind when grading, but if you have to pick *one* go with Fleetmind Phantasm since it probably has the best use of the "twist".
I like magic almost as much as i like basketball and surviving aids.

Obsessive (as this creature enters the battlefield, choose a player. This creature is obsessed with that player.)

People with "Magic" in their names always have the best ideas. Also, Razor, don't let my opinions sway you - I just wanted to compliment something clever.

139359831 wrote:

Obsessive (as this creature enters the battlefield, choose a player. This creature is obsessed with that player.)

People with "Magic" in their names always have the best ideas. Also, Razor, don't let my opinions sway you - I just wanted to compliment something clever.

damn right they do

(yours is pretty cool too bro)
I like magic almost as much as i like basketball and surviving aids.
do you need additional judges? Imidazoline and I are available
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Broken (Broken cards are limited to one copy per deck. At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control seven or more broken permanents, you win the game.)

Show

Overpowered Soldier 
Creature - Human Soldier
Broken, Vigilance
5/5

Overpowered Drake
Creature - Drake
Broken, Flying
5/5

Overpowered Zombie
Creature - Zombie
Broken
If Overpowered Zombie is in your graveyard, or in exile, you may count it as a broken permanent you control.
5/5
Show

Overpowered Phoenix
Creature - Phoenix
Broken
When Overpowered Phoenix leaves the battlefield, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
5/5

Overpowered Summoning
Sorcery
You may put a green creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature has broken. 

Overpowered Timepiece 
Broken
: End the turn.

Overpowered Realm
Land - Plains Island Swamp Mountain Forest
Broken

Overpowered Sanctuary
Broken
Other broken permanents you control gain protection from everything.
If Overpowered Sanctuary would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal it and shuffle it into its owner's library instead.

If it had to run into the next set, I'd make multi-color broken stuff. Maybe find a way to throw it into instants, and such. 
Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
Broken (Broken cards are limited to one copy per deck. At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control seven or more broken permanents, you win the game.)

lol, come on, you know you wanted to.

Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
Keyword: Noom (Creatures that are nooms cannot attack or use abilities with or in their costs. Each creature with Noom loses Noom when their controller takes their next turn.)

Example card from first set: 
Raging Goblin -- 

Creature - Goblin Berserker
Raging Goblin is so angry that he isn't a noom.
I be ragin' yo.
1/1

Example card from second set:

Level 1 Spawn --
Artifact
Noom creatures are dazed bro. (They enter the battlefield tapped.)
Nooms gotta noom.

The second set makes sure to have cards that berate the Nooms. It's a good idea because the word is funny.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Broken (Broken cards are limited to minimum four copies per deck. At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control seven or more broken permanents, you win the game.)

EDIT: I will now use the phrase "That creature has the broken." when referring to any such creature.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Broken (Broken cards are limited to minimum four copies per deck. At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control seven or more broken permanents, you win the game.)

EDIT: I will now use the phrase "That creature has the broken." when referring to any such creature.

That's not a fix... Four per deck is ALREADY the standard. Each of the cards is overpowered. This is on purpose, ONE per deck.

Autocarding

That's not a fix... Four per deck is ALREADY the standard. Each of the cards is overpowered. This is on purpose, ONE per deck.

It's hardly broken if you only get it once every 5 games.

It's hardly broken if you only get it once every 5 games.

Maybe I should go to 2 per deck? It's called broken, but it would be Insane (another keyword I've been toying with.) at a full playset. I really envision it being difficult to control 7+ broken permanents.

P.S. Thanks for the feedback.

Autocarding

Announcing...

Into the Abyss
Descent Into Darkness

'Into the Abyss' is Set 1 of 3 in the 'Nox' block.

About:
'Into the Abyss' is set on Nox, a plane that lies deep in the Blind Eternities. It is a large, expansive plane with bountiful amounts of each type of land and large reserves of mana that they keep in containers called servots. The population generally live on farms or hamlets. Law is enforced locally usually with a people's guard. They have a sun, called Lux, and a moon called Imago. However, one day, Lux, their sun went out...

'Into the Abyss' follows Nox's descent into chaos and anarchy as all colour fades from their world and plunges them into eternal darkness.

Descension:
'Into the Abyss' introduces a new mechanic Descension. It follows the general form:

Whenever [EFFECT], descend [CARDNAME].
[EFFECT] (that uses a [VARIABLE PARAMETER].)

Flavourfully, this represents how the spells, people and land of Nox are losing power and the darkness is forcing them to adapt.

Rules
Descend is a keyword action.
Only spells or permanents with a variable parameter can descend.
Spells can only descend on the stack and permanents only on the battlefield unless otherwise stated.
Variable parameters are shown by two square brackets with intervening slashes. For example [//].
The first value (from left to right) is the value used if the spell or permanent has not descended or not on the stack or battlefield respectively unless otherwise stated.
Variable parameters can't descend below the last value (furthest on the right).

Some example cards:

Choked Thicket
Land

Whenever you activate one of this card's activated abilities, descend ~.
: Add [one mana of any colour//] to your mana pool.

The land used to live in peace, now may it rest in peace.

Aether Fulmination

Instant

Whenever an opponent casts a spell, descend ~.
~ deals [3/2/1] damage to target creature or player.

"Let's say, your aim hasn't got any better since the darkness."
—Apone, Nox Elder to
student

Erratic Stormling

Creature - Elemental

Whenever ~ attacks, descend ~ at end of combat.
~'s power is equal to [3/2/1]

The gathering storm soon disipates upon movement.

*/1

Woeful Veteran

Creature - Human Soldier

Haste
At the beginning of your upkeep, descend ~.
[Double strike/First strike/ ]

Young conscripts always start keenly.

2/2

Twist:

Possible twists:

• [Good thing/Different good thing/Different good thing] - Flavourfully, the people of Nox adapt to the darkness.

• [Good thing/Bad thing/Good thing] - you have to go through tough times to come out better.

• Messing around with variable parameters;

• "...set all variable parameters to their first value. Cards can't descend."

• "...swap the first value and last value of each variable parameter."

• Introduce Ascension.

• Have variable parameters start in the middle value and can descend/ascend either way.

• If a card would descend, it doesn't.

• Variable parameters on a planeswalker; Setting/Changing a planewalkers loyalty.

• Adding more than one variable parameter to a card.

Spellward Missionary

Creature - Elephant Shaman

When ~ enters the battlefield, you may set an variable parameter to it's first, middle or last value.

"Hope is not given. It is taught."

2/3

Lawless Tidings

Instant

Whenever a creature you control attacks, descend ~.
Discard [1/2/3] cards. If you do, then draw that many.

Thieves love the dark.

Official Twist and Card:

For the next set, we are going to use the variable parameter to not be a [Good effect/Worse effect/Worse effect] but to show how the people of Nox are adapting to the permanent pitch black and also use of more forceful decension effects (i.e. you need to activate the descend ability) to show that they NEED to adapt to use [Good effect/Bad effect/Good effect]. The first set didn't need this as flavourfully it would have made less sense and it's easier to understand descending if the effects are simple and easy progression is shown.

Eventide Monk

Creature - Vampire Monk (C)

Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, descend ~.
[Lifelink/ /Deathtouch]

'Devotion has no need for sight.'
—Church of the Eventide's motto

2/2
Placeholder:

Show
Descension:
< 3 > Ability One.
< 2 > Ability Two.
< 1 > Ability Three

Ravaged Paradise
Land

Descension (Whenever you activate one of this cards activated abilities, descend.)
< 3 > : Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool.
< 2 > : Add to your mana pool.
< 1 > : Add to your mana pool.

Twist: Descending is good? Descending isn't worse, it's different.

Like leveling, but in reverse? I like it.

Autocarding
I am so in on this game!

I've always been a fan of the inherent chaos of Magic. Most of you who remember me may know my coin flip obsession, but Magic is filled with much more chaos than that. Every deck in Magic inherently has to negotiate with some aspect of chaos, even if the only aspect of chaos is the fact that a library is randomized. Using the library as an example, every deck has to in some way make its peace with chaos. Some decks try to tip the odds through increased card advantage, increasing the odds that the randomization will give the player the result desired (any given card wanted). Other decks deliberately ignore randomization, dedicating resources to ensure they receive the exact result desired (card searches). Other decks simply accept the reality of randomization, and make the best of it (decks with little to no card drawing). Either way, every deck has to in some way, shape, or form, determine its relationship to the inherent chaos in Magic.

So... what's the ability I bring forward?

Bargain [cost] (Exile this card and another card with Bargain, and pay the Bargain cost of both cards revealed this way: Choose an opponent. That opponent chooses one card exiled this way. Play the chosen card without paying its mana cost, then return the other card to your hand. You may not Bargain a card you could not play when you activated this ability.)

First thing's first: What the hell is Cisnero thinking this time?

Anyone remember Blazing Salvo? I miss this card. Forcing your opponent to suddenly decide on turn 1 whether a particular creature is more valuable to them than losing 1/4 of their starting life? Early on, it's an incredible amount of pressure on a player. Most players seemed to reject this line of thinking. I don't know, but for some reason, some players don't like the idea of having absolutely no idea of what will happen when they play their card. Weirdos.

The logic behind the card is simple. At the time, for 3 damage to a creature at instant speed was more than you'd expect for that cost. And 5 damage to a player for was outright incredible. Both costs were balanced because the actual power of determining which would happen was given to the opponent, who would ostensibly pick whatever was the better option for them. Thus, with the logic that whatever they pick will not be the best choice for you, this type of ability was relegated into silly obscurity.

Personally, I've always been of the mindset that this card was not bad because of the choice. Rather, the problem with Blazing Salvo was that the opponent wasn't given enough choices! Am I crazy? Well, yes, but there's logic behind this statement! Assume you're playing a theoretical game, and you play Blazing Salvo against an opponent's creature on their first turn. Let's assume the creature is fairly important... a Ramosian Sergeant, for example. That first turn, the opponent is facing the choice of a key creature or 1/4 of their life. It may be easy for them to make the choice to save that creature. Next turn, you target that creature with another Blazing Salvo. Opponent is now dealing with having their life down by half before the end of turn 2, or losing their key creature. The choice gets more and more difficult as the opponent's options are used in making choices, specifically because the sheer amount of choices given has depleted the opponent's resources in decisionmaking.

So what does this ability actually do? It essentially turns every Bargain card into half of a Blazing Salvo. A player could choose to play the card normally, albeit at a slightly higher cost than normal. Alternatively, the player could grab two Bargain cards, pay the Bargain cost for both, and offer the opponent a "bargain" between two cards (ostensibly at a lower cost overall than the casting cost of either one of the cards). An opponent would then get to choose which side of the Bargain to accept, allowing you to cast that card at a somewhat cheaper mana cost depending on the cards in question. The bargain not selected? Goes back to your hand, where the opponent will be faced with that choice again. In effect, every card is a possible choice in a possible bargain I could arrange. Reading an opponent will become exponentially more important, as the player forming the bargain must craft the bargain in a way which the opponent is likely to give the player the result the player desires.

The real benefit comes in crafting the cost for a Bargain card.  The Bargain cost is unique in that what you see on the card is actually only "half" the total cost for the card (the other half being whatever is displayed on whatever other Bargain you use).  Additionally, cards would be crafted to give the player a slight discount to consider the fact that the player is surrendering the ability to choose what spell is actually being played.  So the Bargain cost displayed on each card should be slightly less than half of what would be expected for a normal version of that card.

Pyroclasmic Bargain

Sorcery Pyroclasmic Bargain deals 3 damage to each creature.
Bargain

Dealing with Death

Instant
Destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated.
Bargain

Knowledge Brokerage

Sorcery
Draw two cards.
Bargain

Dragon's Gambit
{} (Cards without mana costs can't be played.)
Instant
Dragon's Gambit is red.
Dragon's Gambit deals 4 damage to target creature.
Bargain

Negotiated Surrender

Instant
Exile target attacking creature.
Bargain

Elvish Guide

Creature-Elf
: Add to your mana pool.
Bargain
1/1

That isn't just 6 cards I showed. That is 15 possible bargain combinations. But what specific bargain will it mean? Will the opponent be offered choices between mass damage or the removal of an attacking creature? Me getting a cheap creature into play or me drawing two cards? The number of choices are pretty high.

Now for the twist. I alluded to the twist at the start. The ability inherently brings an aspect of chaos into the game, by surrendering the actual choice to the opponent. The twist is that not everyone will simply accept the chaos inherent in Bargaining their mana away. The twist is that Bargain would not simply be about creating chaos by giving your opponent choices. It would also be about controlling the manner of those choices.

Alms Donor

Creature-Human Adviser
Entice-Whenever you would play a Bargain ability, you may choose one card exiled for that ability. If you do and your opponent chooses that card, he or she gains 2 life.
1/1

Why would anyone ever play this? It's pretty simple, actually. Let's say I have two Bargain cards: an opponent direct damage and a creature kill. Perhaps I REALLY want to kill that creature the opponent has in play. So... with this card, I can... entice... the opponent into choosing to let me trigger the creature kill by giving that opponent some added life in the process.  Or, perhaps I just want the opponent to think the other option is the riskier option for them... so I put the 2 life there to trick them!  Who knows?  Psychology will be incredibly important here!

Hostile Negotiator

Creature-Human Adviser
Entice-Whenever you would play a Bargain ability, you may pay . If you do, choose one card exiled for that ability. If you do and your opponent chooses that card, Hostile Negotiator deals 2 damage to target creature that player controls.
Oh, I'm not threatening you! I'm just noting how terrible it would be if, shortly after you made that choice, something terrible were to happen, completely coincidentally, to everyone you ever loved. But really, no pressure!
2/2

Yeah, white's not the only one that can add bargaining terms.  I don't necessarily think any specific color would dominate the idea of giving the opponent incentives (like Alms Donor) vs. disincentives (like Hostile Negotiator).  However, since functionally, an incentive for an opponent provides the player a purely psychological advantage, whereas the Hostile Negotiator is purely a punishment for the opponent, the actual mana cost of an incentive can be negligible, whereas the "penalty" Enticements would actually have a cost.

Arbitration

Enchantment
If a Bargain ability would have a player choose between two cards, instead choose one of the Bargained cards and flip a coin.  If you win the flip, play the chosen card.  If you lose the flip, play the other Bargained card (Treat this as if your opponent chose the card for the purpose of ability triggers).
"Honest negotiation with the other party proved useless when we realized the other party didn't actually understand the word 'negotiate.'"

Revoke

Instant
Counter target spell that was Bargained into play. Return the spell to its owner's hand.
I have altered the deal. Pray that I don't alter it again.

Grade this one!

Plea Bargain

Enchantment-Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature cannot attack or block, and its activated abilities can't be played.
Entice-Whenever you would play a Bargain ability, you may choose one card exiled for that ability. If you do and your opponent chooses that card, enchanted creature may attack, block, and use its activated abilities this turn.
Bargain

This would obviously be one of the later cards, as it includes both the base ability (Bargain) and an application of the hook (Entice), and puts it together in what I thought was a much more flavorful card than the crap I normally throw onto these forums, particularly since white is one of the colors which may have more trouble finding its place here.  
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
And by the way, yes, Arbitration was my effort to satisfy my compulsion to always have a coin flip card somewhere. 
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?

Immolated: At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on this creature.

Unspoken Guidelines
Immolated is generally found in :brm:.
Creatures with immolated are generally aggressive.

Waxen Dragon | | Creature - Dragon | Uncommon | 5/3
Flying, Haste, Immolated
A candle on God's nightstand.

Slicker Fiend | | Creature - Elemental | Common | 3/3
Immolated
Slicker Fiend gets +2/+0 for each -1/-1 counter on it.
Burning brighter each day, the oil fades away.

Fire Flayer | | Creature - Devil | Uncommon | 2/1
Haste, Immolated
When Fire Flayer dies, it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

Twist
A powerful demon called Moji learns to harness this powerful force.
As a result, referencing your opponent's creatures with immolated, as an upside for you, becomes a thing.

Friendly Fires | | Sorcery | Uncommon
Friendly Fires deals 2 damage to each creature that's not immolated.

Moji's Curse | | Enchantment - Aura | Common
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has immolated.

Courier of the Candelabra | | Creature - Devil | Rare | 2/2
Haste
Whenever Courier of the Candelabra deals damage to a creature, that creature becomes Immolated.

Moji, the Scorched Flesh | | Legendary Creature - Demon | Mythic | 7/7
Moji, the Scorched Flesh enters the battlefield with two immolation counters.
Moji, the Scorched Flesh has Immolated for each immolation counter on it.
, remove an immolation counter from Moji, the Scorched Flesh: Creatures your opponents control gain Immolated.

Holy hell is it 1997 again?
I thought of three different things but they're all terrible.
Gridmaster Official Denizen of YmtC || My Lair Diraden, a set by me
Wow, keywords are hard. I've had some ideas, much like Kavu above me, but just none of them seem like they'd work well.

Well, let's try this.

Aemoboid  

Creature -- Elemental

Wiggle (If ~ was sent to your graveyard from your library or hand, you may pay the Wiggle Cost. If you do, put ~ onto the battlefield.)

2/2

It's a mix between the narcomoeba clause and Madness. I decided on ''wiggle'' after a period of ''wtf should this be called!?" hair pulling madness. I think it works, because by playing it off of a discard/mill effect, you can ''wiggle'' it onto the board. Maybe not the most attractive name for a keyword, but I try my best to be unflattering. Also, You can ''wiggle'' at instant speed. 

More examples.

Demonic Cosolidation

Sorcery

Search your library for a card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.

Wiggle

Time bend

Instant

End the turn

Wiggle

For ''Twists", I was thinking something like:

Brain-Feeding Leech

Creature -- Leech

Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card at random.

Wiggle

If ~ was cast for it's wiggle cost, discard a card at random.

2/2

It's so durn good, you have to discard for it! Her-meh-gerd! It helps you in a weird way, though, because you can cast other ''wiggle'' cards off of it and what not. Interactions for the win!

Rapid Sprouting

Instant

Put a 1/1 green saproling creature token onto the battlefield.

Wiggle

If ~ was cast for it's wiggle cost, instead put 5 1/1 green saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield.

Wiggle can be played for more to get uber bonuses! Woo late game!

Bangchuck Volley

Instant

Deal four damage to target creature

Wiggle

If ~ was cast for it's wiggle cost, deal 4 damage to each creature your opponents control.

Psychomancy ()()

Instant

You and target opponent put the top 3 cards of your libraries into your graveyards.
Draw a card

Wiggle ()

Hybrid wiggle what up?
And so on.

(The underlined one is the one I think is the best. Grade that one)

for those of you who were not here or did not participate last time, DFMM is my on-going contest series, where I toss out a random criteria when one strikes me. last time, we took a look at Lords, ending with silasw taking home the cup with an awesome horse lord. see the whole thread, including a GM interruption, here.

Right, don't forget in addition to my "disruption", you failed to recognize my entry in any way. Late or not, it was a well detailed concept that I put some effort into and you didn't have the common decency to acknowledge that. (this link)

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Wiggle? That is both silly and awesome.

139359831 wrote:

first idea

Support (When you cast this spell, you may reveal a [type] card from your hand)

This card isn't an entry.  It is an idea of a card for the first set.

Aurified Lifegain
Instant
Enchantment Support (When you cast this spell, ou may reveal an enchantment card from your hand)
Gain 4 life.
If ------- was supported, gain 10 life instead

thought process

I wanted something simple, that can be used with any other cards, so I decided to go with Support.  Mechanically, it is pretty easy to undestand, with power varying depending of what is the type for support (going from stronger toweaker effect: planeswalker>enchantment>artifact/sorcery/instant>creature>land).

The keyword name on the card (ENCHANTMENT SUPPORT) changes depending of what is the type needed to be revealed from your hand.  There was different way to do this.  I didn't want an ability word, cause it is kind of ugly, and easy.  I thought about prowl, because of its changing reminder text (goblin or faerie) but it's a bit different with prowl since it also always matches the creature, or tribal, type, therefore, it gives a quick hint of what is the prerequisite.  So I just took the Cycle way (landcycle, wizardcycle, etc..)

Opening design from first idea

Support (When you cast this spell, you may reveal a card from your hand)

Exemple of card with support, for first set

Aurified Lifegain
Instant
Support (When you cast this spell, ou may reveal a card from your hand)
Gain 4 life.
If ------- was supported by an enchantment card, gain 10 life instead.

thought process

I wanted something simple, that can be used with any other cards, so I decided to go with Support.  Mechanically, it is pretty easy to undestand, with power varying depending of what is the type for support (going from stronger toweaker effect: planeswalker>enchantment>artifact/sorcery/instant>creature>land).

The keyword name on the card (ENCHANTMENT SUPPORT) changes depending of what is the type needed to be revealed from your hand.  There was different way to do this.  I didn't want an ability word, cause it is kind of ugly, and easy.  I thought about prowl, because of its changing reminder text (goblin or faerie) but it's a bit different with prowl since it also always matches the creature, or tribal, type, therefore, it gives a quick hint of what is the prerequisite.  So I just took the Cycle way (landcycle, wizardcycle, etc..)

Then the twist for the second set.  Now that design for this ketword has been opened, it will make it stops being parasitic. 

The twist is: Different types on one card, and/or specifications of the revealed card.

3 exemples:

If ------- was supported by a white enchantment, gain an additional 10 life.

Or

If ------- was supported by an enchantment, gain 7 life instead. If that enchantment card is an aura, gain 12 life instead.

Or

If ------- was supported by an enchantment, gain an additional 5 life.
If ------- was supported by an artifact, draw a card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

thought process

What I like about this:
1-It keeps things simple
2-Tons of design space
3-It's not parasitic.
4-Has potential for awesome flavor

So the submitted card for this round.

Goblin Volunteer 
Creature - Goblin
If Goblin was supported by a creature card with converted mana cost 5 or more, it gains +2/+0, haste and "At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Goblin Volunteer".
"They told Pikwik he would tandem with a giant.  Well, he did"
1/1

Artwork being of a an excited goblin on his first day, not seing the big shape of a giant behind him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I should organize this better for quick glimpse.

A-

B-
 2nd set twist: Different types on one card, and/or specifications of the revealed card.

C-
Goblin Volunteer
Creature - Goblin
If Goblin was supported by a creature card with converted mana cost 5 or more, it gains +2/+0, haste and "At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Goblin Volunteer".
"They told Pikwik he would tandem with a giant.  Well, he did"
1/1
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn