Claws of Tiamat

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This idea popped up in my head and it won't leave me alone, so I might as well share it with all of you.

What if there are dragons on Earth, who are manipulating the human race for whatever reasons they have? What if, by taking human forms, they take over governments, religions and crime syndicates?

And that's pretty much what I have right now. The dragons are ambitious, to say the least. There might be some humans with dragon blood, even if they look like ordinary humans. Some big dragon will be the BBEG, probably Tiamat. A knightly order of some kind will probably oppose them. (Knights of Bahamut?)
Interesting idea.. it would allow for long term games as the PCs will have to keep trying to foil all the long term plans the dragons have set in motion yars ago.

This could also be used as a means to explain groups like the Illuminati, Free Masons, the Crusaders, etc.
Also sightings of strange creatures.. like the Loch Ness monster.. could be an aquatic dragon that has withdrawn from the rat race that it's fellow dragons partake in, and possibly even be against them.. but cursed by the others to remain in Loch Ness?
Alot of creatures could have Bi-formism. Manticores,chimera,Wyverns,ogre-magi,Giants are interesting choices. Suppose any dragon can interbreed and the color they assume is based on their alignment? a red dragon could breed with a gold and produce a copper?

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

In Oriental Adventures the dragons or Lung formed a Celestial Bureaucracy. All dragons gradually advance as positions open up? This might be worth looking into rather than the Tiamat vs. Bahamut of regular D+D?

Would the neutral dragons like Jade or Amethyst act as peacemakers? Would they maintain neutral meeting and trading grounds?

Sign In to post comments