What is your favorite power?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
I personally selected Misdirected Mark as my favorite power. It combines rp flavor options with mechanical gains in an awesome way. I don't always play Bards, but when I do I use Misdirected Mark.  

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

I have a few actually. But my top two are the Archer Ranger's Biting Volley (for the added chance to Crit) and the Brutal Scoundrel (Rogue) At-Will Sly Flourish, with a combination of a Footpads Friend and Sneak attack damage. 

I am all about the original 4E PHB builds, and I pretty much ignore Errata. 
Commander's Strike/Direct The Strike.  Why should *I* do all the work when we have a perfectly good Barbarian over here, just chomping at the bit and screaming "I'm gonna wreck it!"
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Betrayal. Because at-will domination. On a character revolving around mind-control.

I don't like that wizards get hypnotism two levels earlier. WoTC gave too much good psion stuff to wizards. 

Flavor wise it would have to be a first level psion daily called Living Missile.

It lets you Immobilize an enemy on a hit, or slow him on a miss (Save ends). When suffering  from either of these conditions can you fling that enemy across the filed into one of his allies, knocking them both prone.

I also love many of the bard at will powers.
*cough cough*

Twin Strike.

*cough cough* 

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

Blinding Barrage
Gotta be Eldritch Strike.  Worthwhile for just about any warlock build, and the majority of half-elf dilettantes.

Flavor wise it would have to be a first level psion daily called Living Missile.

It lets you Immobilize an enemy on a hit, or slow him on a miss (Save ends). When suffering  from either of these conditions can you fling that enemy across the filed into one of his allies, knocking them both prone.

Hunter ranger's Disruptive Shot, but can pick immobilized or dazed on a hit along with 2w damage, so situationally flexible, half damage and slow on miss.   And its an encounter power, level 1...

One of my favorites is battlemind's Conductive Defense.  Mostly because it targets reflex, so it becomes consistantly more accurate, and its effects make it near equivalent to an extra mark.

Twin Strike is very special.  And I love the warlord power mentioned.

But I got to give props to one of the best minion sweeping powers, Beguiling Strands.  At-will, blast 5, enemies only, and a push for the non-minions.

TjD

THICKET OF BLADES

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

Sacred Flame. Temp hit points or a immediate save allow a lot of versaility on the battlefield. Plua it is radiant damage. Gotta love that!Laughing
Hyper Beam.

...Right.  Anyway, in no particular order:

Hypnotism, because making enemies stab themselves at-will is just too good to pass up.

Manifest Dream Form with Shaped Consciousness means I don't even have to be in the room.

Summon Giant Toad, because that thing is awesome.

Summon Shadow Servant (Shadow Beast), because apparently I love crowding the battlefield.

And Unseelie Eyes, because it's sexy.

Sleep might be my new favorite. 

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

Thicket of Blades is the only answer
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here

Living Missile for me, hands down.

Great combination of flavor and "wow" factor. Nothing says Telekinesis like hurling a whole person, or creature, around.    

Tyranny of Flame: Awesome flavour to this one for any infernal warlock.

Fist of Force: Because nothing says badass like a swordmage able to fling an enemy 20 ft. away with a punch to the face.
Sign In to post comments