Dodging Order Cards?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
A friend of mine used the web order card against my Drider in the last game. The Drider had cover. Could I have tapped the Drider to dodge web or on that account any other order card like it (say faerie fire), or can you only dodge attacks dealing damage?
A friend of mine used the web order card against my Drider in the last game. The Drider had cover. Could I have tapped the Drider to dodge web or on that account any other order card like it (say faerie fire), or can you only dodge attacks dealing damage?

This is the rule:

"As an immediate action, a creature with cover can tap to dodge any ranged attack made against it. A creature that dodges a ranged attack takes no damage from the attack, and it does not suffer any other effects of that attack."

In other words, you can only dodge a ranged attack, and nothing else.

...well, and is the use of those cards an attack, or is it not?
No.

An attack is a standard action, if it isn't triggered by a card effect. Order cards are standard, immediate or minor actions, but not per sé attacks. If an order card (e.g., Quick Shot) would grant you an attack, normal rules apply responding to attacks.

In other words: an order card is no attack, but it could grant one (or more), if its text said so.
Fine, thanx for your answers
by the way: Keep playing that great game. Very sorry I´m not closer to Cologne (Bin aus Neustadt an der Weinstraße )
Sign In to post comments