How does the game choose land counts?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Has anyone ever figured out the formula that the game uses for deciding land counts in a two-color deck? If I have time in the next few months, there are some features I'd like to add to the deck planner that require knowledge of the breakdown of lands.

It's not obvious to me what the system is, since for example adding cards of color 1 can actually decrease that color of land while increasing the number of color 2 lands.

I was hoping that some of you old-timers might have figured this out already, maybe in a previous version.

Thanks for any help.
Has anyone ever figured out the formula that the game uses for deciding land counts in a two-color deck? If I have time in the next few months, there are some features I'd like to add to the deck planner that require knowledge of the breakdown of lands.

It's not obvious to me what the system is, since for example adding cards of color 1 can actually decrease that color of land while increasing the number of color 2 lands.

I was hoping that some of you old-timers might have figured this out already, maybe in a previous version.

Thanks for any help.

I dont think there is a system tbh i think it just says here have 5mountains even though i just removed a red card for a 3b card sorry thats not helpfull

In 2012 it would add more land based on what colours where in the casting cost so  a 3(r) would add more mountains then say if u add a 2(r) in a 2 colour deck ofc
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
Yeah Azure about summed it up, I wish I could offer more but the "system" is just bizarre and unhelpful. There must be some internal logic to it, but I've been unable to understand it in any meaningful way. Give ... us... the... option... please!
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
That's one of the biggest mysteries in the history of gaming. It's a program, so there must be some kind of logic behind it, in form of a specific algorithm, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Sign In to post comments