9/24/2012 FtL: "A Time at a Time"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I love the last deck. It is way too clunky to actually work, but just making a decent deck with Door AND Lost in the Woods deserves Kudos.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Hahaha @the mono-green Door to Nothingness deck. That's utterly delightful. I'd be tempted to cut half the nonland cards and make it about 40 land. Keep the Rangers and Elks, the fogs, Lost in the Woods and Lanterns, and about 3 Doors, and really crank up the Lost in the Woods power. Playing FTL this past week has really hammered home to me how useful having 50% evasion of oncoming attacks is.
That last deck.  Banyanyas!!  I love it!

The pact deck seems okay, and filled with fun one-offs.

Burning Vengeance + Guttersnipe + Take another turn = LOLZY

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.