9/24/2012 Feature: "Return to Ravnica Prerelease Primer"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of the feature article "Return to Ravnica Prerelease Primer", which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Im a little disappointed that the guild packs are not all watermarked cards....

but i guess with the number of cards that are watermarked they had to do it this way....

should still be a good time....
I haven't had a chance to finish the article yet (really all I care about is the breakdown of the guild packs*) but what moron came up with this:

Arranging the guilds in this manner is only going to give new players the false impression that R/B shouldn't pair up with the other guilds. The guilds could have very easily been arranged WURBG to visually show the RtR shift in allied/enemy colors and make it clear to the newer players (who are the onles who really need this type of article) which three color combinations will have the best support.
I didnt like the arrangement diagram, but for different reasons. Since we are choosing our guild up front, we should be giving those cards priority when sorting the contents of our packs.

For example, I am going to play Selesnya (G/W). The first thing I am going to do is put all of the following in one pile:
- all the mono-green cards
- all the mono-white cards
- all the green hybrid cards
- all the white hybrid cards
- all the green & white cards
- all the artifacts
- all the lands that produce green & white mana, and the lands that produce colorless mana

Then I will have two other piles, one with:
- all the white & blue cards 
- all the mono-blue cards 
- all the blue hybrid cards 
- all the lands that produce white & blue mana

And another with:
- all the green & black cards
- all the mono-black cards
- all the black hybrid cards
- all the lands that produce green & black mana

All the rest of the cards will be put into two further piles, one with:
- all the red & blue cards
- all the lands that produce red & blue mana

And one with:
- all the black & red cards
- all the lands that produce black & red mana

With all the mono-red cards between these last two piles.

This will help me decide what color combination I want to play.

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
So why show an Azorius card we can't open in our Azorius booster? Pretty lame don't cha think?
So why show an Azorius card we can't open in our Azorius booster? Pretty lame don't cha think?

You may still open it in the other 5 boosters.
I hope there aren't any achievements that involve having a cell phone that can take pictures and upload to facebook, I was disappointed at Magic Celebration when there were four achievements I couldn't do because my cell phone sucks.
Sign In to post comments