Saved Progress Loss

211 posts / 0 new
Last post

There have been various reports of save game loss from Duels 2013 users. In order to get as much detail as possible I’d like everyone experiencing the problem to direct their feedback to this thread. Give as much detail as you can. Important things to include are:

• What platform you’re playing on.

• If using Steam, your username.

• How many accounts and/or systems you use to run the game (if you have multiple PCs for instance).

• Whether or not you’ve activated any DLC for the game.

• Your most recent actions before and after noticing the issue.

• What exactly was lost as far as saved progress is concerned (ie decks, player rank, achievements, campaign progress, etc… )

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

1. steam PC version
2. after the incident on 2 systems (jsut to be safe) at the time of the crash 1
3. no dlc (maybe the preorder key unlock and the 1 for having the previous M12)
4. after noticing grindin it all again , before just testing some stuff against bots
5. only all the decks and campaign progress, and there were some bugs like i could equip all personas (because i had cleared it before) but it stated i didnt have the achievs in game while they were recorded for steam acc
1. Steam PC
2. Just one PC
3/4. Just bought the DLC, and just got the latest updated version for steam. Hopped on, and all progress was lost.
5. I don't remember which cards I had unlocked and what campaign progress I had, but I know I put some time into it. All original decks unlocked, first part of campaign completed at least, and a couple decks halfway unlocked. 
1. XBOX360

2. Two profiles use it (other profile uneffected)

3. Yes DLS is activated

4. Unlocked all the new decks, then my girlfriend did as well, logged back onto my profile and we played some 2HG in custom game. Then I went to go finish new challenges(which I had 3 done prior) when I went in everything was relocked,

5. but I kept all my achievements, cards unlocked, but story line-wise all is locked.
1. 360

2. 2 accounts - have game installed on 2 consoles

3. DLC yes

4. Was in the deck manager for awhile, went to the main menu, signed out, back in, an noticed some of my personas were gone

5. Personas were gone at first, but came back - other than that just all campaign progress reset

Looks like the same as Darkwolfer.
Happened to my brother yesterday:

Steam PC
Only run on his computer, only has one steam account, no one else uses the computer for anything steam or gaming
Has not purchased anything but the base game (no expansion, no deck unlocks, no foil things)
He hadn't played in a month or so.  He had the Chandra deck mostly unlocked, and yesterday had to re-start from scratch.

Edit: Looks like his achievements were fine, but his campaign progress was also wiped out.
*Steam (PC)

*One computer only.

*I only had the expansion and the stuff that came with the "special edition" before this happened.
I bough every deck unlock afterwards (I didn't want to go through the slow process of unlocking 11 decks again).

*I got a message that told me the steam cloud and local files were not synced (or something ).
I chose the steam cloud option and lost ALL my progress (deck unlocks, campaign, options, ...)

*Everything. Although my achievements still show up on steam, but not inside the game (personas that were unlocked though these achievements are now locked for example).
The game was basically reset as if I just launched it for the first time.

Edit: Somebody told me to turn off steam cloud which will hopefully prevent this from happening again in the future.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Wow seriously? This just happened again. I just finished unlocking all the new decks. Very annoying....

There have been various reports of save game loss from Duels 2013 users. In order to get as much detail as possible I’d like everyone experiencing the problem to direct their feedback to this thread. Give as much detail as you can. Important things to include are:

• How many accounts and/or systems you use to run the game (if you have multiple PCs for instance).

• What exactly was lost as far as saved progress is concerned (ie decks, player rank, achievements, campaign progress, etc… )

1. Steam, PC
2. One account, one system
3. I have just today bought the expansion and played it once before exiting and now having the error.
4. I bought the expansion while in game via the steam overlay. The expansion decks unlocked and i played the expansion campaign. Played afew custom games with the new decks then exited mtg 2013. Upon re opening mtg2013 afew minutes later, I recieve an error of failed steam cloud sync, choice to upload or download content to cloud. I've now tried both options, and my game still has no unlocks.
5. I have lost all my progress since prepurchasing the game. I only have 3 base decks available (garruk, lifegain, chandra) as recieved on first purchase. Campaign progress is completely lost. Achievements all remain, ranking preserved.
0. Sorry 4 my bad enlish
1. Steam PC
2. Just one PC
3. Bought and activated dlc
4. Nothing specific.. i was playing normal games to unlock cards 4 the new deck and i got dc´d
5. After this dc i cant unlock cards... well i can but if i unlock cards they get resett after restarting the game..
1. Steam PC
2. Only one PC
3. Bought and activated the expansion 1 DLC
4. I unlocked the last cards and than i closed the game. Later i tried to start it, but steam aid, that the synchro-files are not correct and i should choose between my local files or the cloudfiles. I decided myself for the local files (Battlefield 3 experience, local files are better there).
5. I lost all my unlocked cards and my statistics. Archievments are ok and the new DLC is ingame but locked like all other stuff. Its like to buy the full game and the DLC and start at zero.
edit: with or without steamsync. i cant unlock the new cards -.- it sucks hard
This bug was introduced in the game code, with DotP 2009 (2010) expansion pack no03.  I highly recommend that Shawn, the Wizards coordinator, look into the credits to find out who was responsible for that part of the code internally.  It's a tough job to be a technical coordinator, like relay nomenclature to devs, but if you can find that guy, and have him read the code he put into the 'builds', that is how it will be solved!
somebody know how to unlock hte cards without resett after restart? ;(
Steam PC, with DLC, stem cloud off. 
Sometimes it saves progress (unlocked cards) sometimes not. Campaign progress is there, prviously onlocked cards (for initial 10 decks) stay there.
For new decks i loose unlocked cards and have to unlock them after restart. 
1.  Platform:  Xbox 360.

2.  One account:  I Garet Jax I.  I thought my girlfriend also lost all of her progress but she did not.  Only myself.

3.  Do the promo codes count as DLC?  I'm not sure but that's the only thing I activated.

4.  My most recent action just before losing all of my progress was loading the game up on my Xbox360.  After noticing the issue I played a match with my girlfriend against the computer.

5.  I did not lose the achievements nor any Leaderboard rankings (not that I care about those but I was curious to see exactly how I was impacted and in what way) but all campaign progress, decks, unlocks, promo unlocks, challenges, planechase matches and anything else obtained from playing the game.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Thanks everyone for giving all these detailed accounts, I'm desperate for Wizards to get to the bottom of this. Please keep it up! 

Just a note to those who are unlocking cards, once you've unlocked one or more cards for a particular deck, be sure to open up that deck in Deck Manager. Just add in a random card, then remove it again, click Back, then Save and Quit. This should ensure your unlocking progress is saved. I've noticed that without saving in the Deck Manager I often didn't keep my progress.
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
1- PC from Steam

2- Only used my steam account. When I tried to log in and play the game from my laptop my progress was not there but it was on my PC. Now its nowhere.

3- Used the promo codes and bought and activated the Expansion 1 for MTG:DotP 2013. The bug occured immediately after the activation of the Expansion.

4- Played a game with a friend, saw what I unlocked and then closed the game and exited steam. Next day as I said above, I bought and activated the expansion and when I opened the game to play I had the question as to how experienced I am on Magic with no saved progress whatsoever, expcept for leaderboard ratings and achievements.

5-Answered 5 above accidentally, I lost all my card unlocks and my single player progress, except for leaderboard ratings and achievements. I also lost my unlocked portraits in-game and the player statistics on Player Status section of the Main Menu.

Please fix it !
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
This bug has been in the game for years yet they don't fix it and they don't offer free deck unlock codes to the people who lose all their progress Yell
It's sad such bugs ruin the game for many people !
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

• What platform you’re playing on. -PC

• How many accounts and/or systems you use to run the game (if you have multiple PCs for instance). -1 Acct 2 PCs

• Whether or not you’ve activated any DLC for the game.- Yes Exp1 and Promo Codes

• Your most recent actions before and after noticing the issue. -Switched computers

• What exactly was lost as far as saved progress is concerned (ie decks, player rank, achievements, campaign progress, etc… ) -Deck unlocks and progress. When I restarted it started tutorial. Steam says I've played 213 hours. I also own on Xbox/PS3/iPad.

Very disappointed.

More info: It still has the Adjani unlocks (30 cards) but Promos are gone. There are only 3 decks palyable.

Ok need help here. My secondary pc still has all the progress saved. How do I transfer to my main pc?

TIA.
At least it's good knowing that some people on WotC might be working to solve the problem.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

1. PC
2. One account, two systems (laptop and desktop)
3. I've activated the 10 free bonus card DLCs.
4. This is happening randomly upon starting the game.
5. Campaign progress and deck unlocks are lost.

I can restore progress by disabling cloud updates and taking the good copy that did not get corrupted, but it is happening regularly and is very annoying.

Ok need help here. My secondary pc still has all the progress saved. How do I transfer to my main pc?

TIA.

I think this works:

1. Disable cloud sync (right click on the game in the library, right click on Properties...Updates).
2. Go to Program Files\Steam\userdata\NNNNNNNN (where "NNNNNNNN" is your user number).
3. The folder you want is "97330". Delete the folder on the corrupted computer, and copy over the good one. I recommend you make a backup of this folder on both computers first. 

You can actually enable Cloud Sync again after doing this, but the error will soon come back, so it is barely worth it until they fix the problem.

Caveat: Proceed at your own risk. 
1. Steam/PC
2. ultimario13 account on steam, used by both my desktop (been a while since I last used it on that computer) and my laptop
3. Yes, the new expansion, and the free Ajani and Garruk deck unlocks due to preordering it
4. Before the issue, I was playing online. My laptop doesn't warn me that it's low on battery when I'm playing, so my laptop shut itself off due to lack of power while in a 1v1 match. After that, I still had all of my save data but was having serious online connection problems. I was exiting and re-entering the game rather frequently (at one point restarting my computer) in an attempt to fix the online connection problems. At one point I started up MTG Duels 2013 again and it said that the steam cloud files and the files on my computer conflicted with each other, and I had to pick one to override the other. Both said they had been updated today, so I figured it wouldn't matter much and I picked one at random (I think it was steam cloud).
5. From what I can tell, absolutely everything. All my save data is gone, aside from the fact that it knows I have the DLC. When I started up the game it asked how much I had played Magic, when I went to the campaign it had the voiceover again...It's basically like I just bought the game and DLC and started playing it for the first time. Campaign is restarted, only have a few decks unlocked and those decks have no unlocks (except garruk and ajani due to DLC), my avatar is back to the default, it has no data for what color I've used most, etc. Even the promo codes for the promo unlocks are gone.

• What platform you’re playing on. - Steam (account is rmbalisa, MTG name is Riddickulose)

• How many accounts and/or systems you use to run the game (if you have multiple PCs for instance). - 2

• Whether or not you’ve activated any DLC for the game. - activated DLC

• Your most recent actions before and after noticing the issue. - just finished unlocking all cards for expansion

• What exactly was lost as far as saved progress is concerned (ie decks, player rank, achievements, campaign progress, etc… ) - Deck/campaign progress.

I, for one, want all the deck unlocks...this is hours upon hours of gameplay.  I, and especially my wife, can't afford me to take the time to unlock every card again.  When can we expect a resolution?
Pls WotC fix it D:!
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Platform: PS3
Scenario: Playing 2hg. Opponents drop out by, I assume, unplugging. Causes my system to freeze up. Screen frozen, but I can still communicate with my partner. Controller does nothing. After about a 15 minute wait I hit the power button (since found out that was a big mistake).
When I powered back up I was treated as though I was playing the game for the first time.
I had previously manually unlocked Chandra, Garuk, and Yava and payed for the rest.
I had all 10 of the promos. All campaign, challenges and encounters done. All trophy's won and all avatars unlocked.

Payed for decks were still there minus the promo unlocks. I had to buy Chandra, Garuk, and Yava to have the decks. I had to reenter all of the promo codes and trim all my decks again.
All campaign, challenges and encounters were locked again. Trophy's were still there. All setting went back to default. And the first time I played a game in all formats my leader board points were reset.

Same scenario happened again a couple of days later and thanks to a friends advice I unplugged the system instead of hitting the power button and did not lose my progress

Edit: This happened before the expansion

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Just lost all my progress on 360 game crashed restarted it annnnnnnnnnnnnd its gone.

I have no intention of re unlocking the decks or buying keys so good one,

• What platform you’re playing on. 360

• How many accounts and/or systems you use to run the game (if you have multiple PCs for instance). just one

• Whether or not you’ve activated any DLC for the game. bought and activated dlc and promo codes

• Your most recent actions before and after noticing the issue. game crashing in 2hg

• What exactly was lost as far as saved progress is concerned (ie decks, player rank, achievements, campaign progress, etc… ) all deck unlocks and campaign progress all i have left is my player status

Platform: xBox 360
Only one account playes this game, but two have access
No DLC added as of yet
When I first started the game tonight, the xBox told me there was an update to the game, so I downloaded it. I was then playing a campaign match, and conceded as I was going to do something else.
Previously had all campaign, all revenge, and some other matches unlocked or complete. I still have all my acheivements, decks unlocked, etc, but the campaigns (revenge and everything) are all locked again.

I should note my girlfriend has the 2012 version, and had a couple decks relock on her in that, though this did not affect her campaigns. She had unlocked the decks before purchasing DLC and doing an update, and the decks relocked after that. She just went and unlocked them again, though.
I have added a link to this in the Useful Topic Index sticky, and requested this also become a sticky to maximize potential information.

I'm very sorry for everyone who has lost information. Thank you for taking the time to report it, the more information we can collect the better the chance this can be fixed.
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
So is there a chance if you have not lost leaderboard ratings for them to reset the first time you play? I think I saw it somewhere as a follow up for this bug!
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Signed up just because of this issue...

1. PC-steam

2. 1 account, 2 computers

3. DLC yes, and pre-order bonus unlock

4. Downloaded the DLC, Steam said it needed to download some files for optimizations of something.  After issue, Refused to play the game even though I got the DLC 1st day.

5. All decks (except pre-order unlock), campaign progress, unlocked personas
Give as much detail as you can. Important things to include are:

I think a useful thing to have added is whether or not Steam cloud sync is being used or not.

I have a question of my own: Does Steam cloud sync only apply to the PC platform?

It did it again, which is making it hard to get my achievement for beating the new decks on revenge when I can't even get to it because it keeps resetting. Please fix.
i) Steam

ii) Just the one account on one computer

iii) Occurred after purchase of the DLC and installation of the update

iv) Hadn't played the game for a little while (been absorbed in paper Magic) and thus far I haven't done anything with the game (hoping there's a quick fix somewhere!)

v) Completed everything on planeswalker and unlocked all but Krenko and 1/2 of the Yeva deck.

Strangely, it appears to have kept all the information (most damage dealt, favourite colour etc and the achievements) but all the avatar's are locked again. 

I am playing on Steam
One account, one system

The first time I lost my data, I had just bought the new dlc.  The second time occurred after buying the deck unlocks to replace the data I lost.
1st time: I wasn't doing anything beforehand.  I had just finished unlocking all of the new decks the night before.  I signed on and all of my data was mysteriously gone.  Afterwards, I bought the deck unlocks rather than grind them again.  I then grinded through the new decks again since I can't buy them yet.

2nd time: I couldn't connect to any multiplayer games, so I did the "verify game integrity" option in Steam.  It told me I was missing some files and redownloaded those files.  After that, I lost all of  my data again except for the decks that I had bought.  Not sure if I am going to grind out the decks a third time, wait to buy them, or just quit the game completely. 

Data lost: All decks, all card unlocks, all promo cards, all saved progress in all campaigns and challenges.  Oddly enough, about half of my achievements weren't wiped out.

Note: I am really conflicted about spending money to unlock decks for this game.  It feels REALLY wrong to reward a company by spending more money as a result of an atrocious bug.  Serious bugs should make me support the game less, not more.  Unfortunately I like this game when it works and it certainly isn't cost effective to unlock a deck myself when I can just spend a dollar to do so alternatively.  I realize I am not going to be refunded, but I just wanted to point out how perverse the incentives are affected.

Also of note: I have stopped recommending this game to my friends  specifically because of how buggy it is.

1) Steam (PC)

2) One account. One Computer.

3) I pre-ordered Magic 2013 back in June. No problems at all until this month. I bought the expansion a few days before any of this happened. I've had no issues for the first 4-5 days.

4) I got a message prompting me that steam was not synced properly the last time I exited the game. I trusted that the steam cloud option would have my latest achievementss, unlocks, so I chose to sync w/ steam cloud.  

5) I lost everything (unlocks, campaign progress, decks, I think player rank), except for player achievements.

BTW, thank you for putting this thread up but just so you guys know.... there are tirades of complaints on the Steam forums. Some of us have had issues registering on Wizards forum website .. kept getting this error message: "This site has encountered an error and is unable to complete this action. Please contact Customer Service for additional assitance."

This thread only has 4 pages on this forum but there are tons more on a daily basis on the steam user forums.  steamcommunity.com/app/97330/discussions...

1) Steam (PC)

2) One account. One Computer.

3) I pre-ordered Magic 2013 back in June. No problems at all until this month. I bought the expansion a few days before any of this happened. I've had no issues for the first 4-5 days.

4) I got a message prompting me that steam was not synced properly the last time I exited the game. I trusted that the steam cloud option would have my latest achievementss, unlocks, so I chose to sync w/ steam cloud.  

5) I lost everything (unlocks, campaign progress, decks, I think player rank), except for player achievements.

BTW, thank you for putting this thread up but just so you guys know.... there are tirades of complaints on the Steam forums. Some of us have had issues registering on Wizards forum website .. kept getting this error message: "This site has encountered an error and is unable to complete this action. Please contact Customer Service for additional assitance."

This thread only has 4 pages on this forum but there are tons more on a daily basis on the steam user forums.  steamcommunity.com/app/97330/discussions...

If you're playing on Steam, do not ever pick or trust the Steam Cloud option.  You will lose your progress every single time.  Always, always always pick your local hard drive.  It really sucks that you had to find out the hard way.  If it's any consolation (probably isn't) but at least Steam users have an option.  Xbox, PS3 and iPad users don't.  We randomly lose our progress and there's nothing we can do to stop it and, in addition, there's nothing anyone can do to help us either.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Just so you guys know, don't hold your breath waiting for a resolution to this issue. Stainless/Wizards have a horrible track record when it comes to issues like this in DotP.