psn tourney 2

95 posts / 0 new
Last post
***** SECOND ROUND POSTINGS *****

This is an un-official tournament, just for fun.
The rules are as follows:
8, players, single-elimination.
Each round each player will be paired with one other player, with randomly selected decks to duel best of 5 games.
New decks will be included.
Eack round will start Saturday night at midnight, and players will have 1 week to play, and post to this thread, or no points will be scored.
The tournament will go 3 rounds.  Each win is worth 1 pt.  
Most points after 3 rounds wins the tournament, ie. the player who is undefeated.  (The points help every one to determine who is 2nd, 3rd, etc.)  
Winners of each round will play each other until one is victorious.  Losers of each round will like-wise go on to play each other.  

(3pts)  NoobgamerisNoob:  SS,CM,AS,OD,CL
*vs*
(3pts)  Andre1001:  CM,MS,PK,DP,ED

(5pts)  Crysus:  MS,CW,CL,CM,BoF
*vs*
(6pts)  Soritami:  CM,GM,BoF,PK,SS (WON)

(2pts)  DroneOn:  CM,CW,DP,ED,AS
*vs*
(2pts)  Loganpl:  AS,PI,GG,OD,CM

(1pts)  Aaron: bye  

So unless At-least 4 of you object, I'm gonna auto include 1 of the new decks.  Here's how ! am going to do it.  Roll 1: 1 six sided die, with a guild assigned to each number 1 through 5. (re-roll 6)
Roll 2-5: roll 1 20 sided die, with each deck (including new ones) assigned to numbers 1-15.  re-roll 16-20
Any duplicates will also be re-rolled so nobody playes 1 deck more than once per round.

If this goes well, than we can go on to start playing with 16 players.
Good luck,  

There are 2 tournies still going, why do we need a third 1?
The league is just about over, and the other tourney has been abandoned. Count me in for this one. PSN antkour
Count me in if we are allowed to use the new decks.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Im in  of  course. In my opinion will be better if we have 8 players and some others players in backup. 
Logan, Cyrus, noob, antkour, me, and I'm assuming zerodrone so far. That makes six. Yeah, I think your right Logan, lets get 8 to work before we start one with 16.
I'm in. I usually never join these things, but I wanna try it out. User: LegacyRO3
Yep, I'm in.  Double elimination this time, right?

As a suggestion, just to make things a little more interesting, how about having one deck guaranteed to be from the Expansion?

As in, assign each deck to 1-15, with the Expansions being 1-5.  Pick a random from 1-5 first, then pick four from 1-15 (discarding multiples of the same deck)?
Good idea with having one deck guaranteed to be from the Expansion.
What is double elimination? 
I'm also in, PSN: ANdreG1001
Looks like we have 8.. I have to wait a bit and see if anyone else who PLAYED in the last one wants in, as I promised them first pick.. I will massage them tonight. After fnm and give them till tomorrow night. First round postings go up tomorrow night, let me know if you guys/gals like the suggestion to auto include 1 new deck each round..
I want in too. My PSN name is ilikethispart.
I'm cool with auto including a new deck
Killa never accepted my invites but was online. If you are full that's fine, but if you have room for me I will gladly and hopefully play this time.
Killa never accepted my invites but was online. If you are full that's fine, but if you have room for me I will gladly and hopefully play this time.

Was I doing anything or just online? I leave my ps3 running a lot just to charge controllers/headsets while in work.

I never received an invite from you while online though otherwise we would have played and that tourny fell apart anyways.

I will play if there is room and IF the tourny starts after the dlc decks are unlockable via $1 in the psstore (hopefully tuesday).

im in this should be fun. 8 souns like a good number because when its 16 to many people randomly drop out. if you don't have at least 20-30 hours free a week you shouldn't enter tournaments just my opinion. i myself work and can get about 30 free time.
im in this should be fun. 8 souns like a good number because when its 16 to many people randomly drop out. if you don't have at least 20-30 hours free a week you shouldn't enter tournaments just my opinion. i myself work and can get about 30 free time.

Do you mean 2-3 hours?

Do you mean 2-3 hours?

I'm pretty sure he means 20-30, so that it's finding at least one time of the week when both you and your opponent are both free. 

Do you mean 2-3 hours?

I'm pretty sure he means 20-30, so that it's finding at least one time of the week when both you and your opponent are both free. 

yea i mean what i said 20-30 hours. most of us have jobs and work a 5 day week so that 40-50 taking out of your week. There are 168 hours in a week and you only need to set an hour aside to play your opponent. but you will have to agree on a time that works for both of you so when i say 20-30 hours of free time im talking about time that you have some type of control of and you can rearrange to fit your opponent schedule. if you can only get 2-3 free hours a week even with a job and wife and kids you really shouldn't be do this tournament. Because i could be at work those 2-3 hours you have free.
I posted the first round match-ups.  
When evryone has played, and posted their results we can start round two.
Good luck.

My psn handle is aaronjoncheney, let me know when you'll be available Crysis. 
Logan and I did our matches earlier today.

First one was Pack Instinct (me) vs Ancient Wilds (him) and he won, second was Aura Servants vs Grinning Malice and I won, third was a Mindstorms mirror match which I won as well. #4 was Sepulchral Strength against Collective Might, and Logan won. These 4 games were all very close, but on the fifth it was me with Goblin Gangland and him with Dream Puppets, I had a fantastic hand and went first so it was over pretty fast.

So in short, I won 3-2. It was great fun, looking forward to the next round. 
***** FIRST ROUND POSTINGS *****

DroneOn: SS,MS,AW,AS,CM
*vs*
NoobgamerisNoob, MS,GG,CM,SS,CW

This individual is on my Block List because they have repeatedly sent me "hatemail" containing sexist and homophobic slurs in the past after playing against them in this game.  I request they be disqualified from this tournament, or assigned a different opponent at least.

Unless this board is fine with that kind of behavior, in which case I'll not be participating, because I don't want to reward anyone for that kind of behavior.

***** FIRST ROUND POSTINGS *****

DroneOn: SS,MS,AW,AS,CM
*vs*
NoobgamerisNoob, MS,GG,CM,SS,CW

This individual is on my Block List because they have repeatedly sent me "hatemail" containing sexist and homophobic slurs in the past after playing against them in this game.  I request they be disqualified from this tournament, or assigned a different opponent at least.

Unless this board is fine with that kind of behavior, in which case I'll not be participating, because I don't want to reward anyone for that kind of behavior.

Really??? i don't think i've ever met you and if i insulted you if coz you are one of those people who just AFK when near a lose-

Really??? i don't think i've ever met you and if i insulted you if coz you are one of those people who just AFK when near a lose-

My PSN isn't "DroneOn", it's "zerodrone".  I don't go AFK when near a loss (I assume you mean letting the timer wind out?) but I don't think sexist/homophobic insults are ever justified...

My PSN isn't "DroneOn", it's "zerodrone".  I don't go AFK when near a loss (I assume you mean letting the timer wind out?) but I don't think sexist/homophobic insults are ever justified...

Can you check the date "i" send that message? i checked in my ps3 and i don't find any zerodrone, are you sure is me? my nick i hard to spell...

Can you check the date "i" send that message? i checked in my ps3 and i don't find any zerodrone, are you sure is me? my nick i hard to spell...

I delete my messages every day, and it was a while (at least a month or two) ago.

If you're playing nice now then that's fine, I guess.  It's possible I'm mistaken but I don't think there's more than one "n00bgamerisn00b" on PS3 playing this game.  Anyway, I took you off my Block List, if you see me online just let me know you're ready.  Give me until tomorrow night though, because I'm not quite done unlocking the new decks.

Sorry to clutter up the thread everyone.

I delete my messages every day, and it was a while (at least a month or two) ago.

If you're playing nice now then that's fine, I guess.  It's possible I'm mistaken but I don't think there's more than one "n00bgamerisn00b" on PS3 playing this game.  Anyway, I took you off my Block List, if you see me online just let me know you're ready.  Give me until tomorrow night though, because I'm not quite done unlocking the new decks.

Sorry to clutter up the thread everyone.

Well i don't remember you and i don't insult anyone without a reason, but if it's true what you are saying, i beg your pardon, probably a missunderstand or a bad day.

Can I still join? Squalltheonly is the PSN

:-(
There are 2 people on stand by right now. If you want I can put you on stand. By too, and if I get 8, then then we'll try 16 player next tournament. We've hadproblems organizing 16 due to people not going it serious and not actually playing their matches. The next tournament should start in about two weeks. Put up a post if you want to bee added to stand by, and I'll save you a spot.
Add me to stand by, I would be happy to play whenever I can. If you do 16 people tourny, why not make it a 2HG? 1v1 might take like a month lol. Im on most of the nights add me.
A 2 headed giant tournament sounds amazing! Getting 4 people to together to play at the same time does not. I think the earlier thread discussion about 2/3 hours free time vs 20/30 he's free time says it all.

DroneOn: I think your discussion with Noob worked it's self out, and I'm sorry I didn't intervene, but It's tricky, and my leadership skills aren't the greatest. I don't want to reward haters, as I've been the target of tons of hatemail my-self. It goes without saying that if anyone is rude to anyone during the tournament they will be disqualified. There is really never an excuse to be rude, especially in a game designed around having fun and socializing. I think this thread should be Democratic, and all decisions should be what the majority agrees on. Noob seems remorseful, and has promised to play nice, so I would set to give him another chance. I hope this doesn't spoil this for you as I really like having you in the tournament, and hope you'll stay.
Crysus, ill be online tonight after 8 pm mountain time, until late.
Speedy, and legacy, if you want to play each other, ill roll up decks for you, and you can be included in first round posting if people drop out. Post if your interested.
A 2 headed giant tournament sounds amazing! Getting 4 people to together to play at the same time does not. I think the earlier thread discussion about 2/3 hours free time vs 20/30 he's free time says it all. DroneOn: I think your discussion with Noob worked it's self out, and I'm sorry I didn't intervene, but It's tricky, and my leadership skills aren't the greatest. I don't want to reward haters, as I've been the target of tons of hatemail my-self. It goes without saying that if anyone is rude to anyone during the tournament they will be disqualified. There is really never an excuse to be rude, especially in a game designed around having fun and socializing. I think this thread should be Democratic, and all decisions should be what the majority agrees on. Noob seems remorseful, and has promised to play nice, so I would set to give him another chance. I hope this doesn't spoil this for you as I really like having you in the tournament, and hope you'll stay. Crysus, ill be online tonight after 8 pm mountain time, until late.

2HG? Now that sounds like my kind of tourney. would prefer a league, but if everybody could get partners, then it's game on. And actual partners, on different consoles. Not going at it all Rambo style with your pads in each hand and a foam dome on...
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
If someone starts a 2gh league I'm in.. I suppose every one would have to post their theoretical availability to look for a common time every one cloud get together. All members would have to corelare some free time with all other members, and be serious about the league to pull it off. Also you would probably need 16 people to have a proper pod. Seems tough, but given how awesome it would be, its not impossible.
Noob seems remorseful, and has promised to play nice, so I would set to give him another chance. I hope this doesn't spoil this for you as I really like having you in the tournament, and hope you'll stay. Crysus, ill be online tonight after 8 pm mountain time, until late.

I still haven't received a friend request or messge from him, but yeah, since it was awhile ago I don't mind giving him another chance.

I'd say, for the sake of "the community", that all past transgressions should be wiped. If somebody acts the fool during an actual tournament though (or does nonsense like no-showing), then let the ostracizing commence.
Noob seems remorseful, and has promised to play nice, so I would set to give him another chance. I hope this doesn't spoil this for you as I really like having you in the tournament, and hope you'll stay. Crysus, ill be online tonight after 8 pm mountain time, until late.

I still haven't received a friend request or messge from him, but yeah, since it was awhile ago I don't mind giving him another chance.

The week is still beginning so why so hasty :D i will send you a friend request tomorrow, i'm pretty easy to find so you will not have problems with that.

I'd say, for the sake of "the community", that all past transgressions should be wiped. If somebody acts the fool during an actual tournament though (or does nonsense like no-showing), then let the ostracizing commence.

I never had any problem with any guy in this forum, you can ask in the ps3 league topic if you want, like i said before i still don't remember the fight with drone so i guess it was long time ago so i think we should move along.

Me and aaronjoncheney had are match today. im i a rush so ill be quick 

first game was me pack instant vs him ancient wilds i drew nothing but land  for the first five turn but manage to win with a primal bellow on one of my unblocked creatures i got in for 19 damage.

next game was me born of flames vs him ss. I burn him to death lol. sorry short on time

next game was me OD vs him mindstorm. he won i took a bad hand and got mana flooded manage to get an obliterator out he got control of it two turns later timewarped and got the win.

last game was me minstorm vs him crosswinds. He got mane stuck i took control and won.

I won 3-1 I will try and give more details later. aaronjoncheney was a great opponent and i enjoyed playing him i wish the best. Now on to round 2.
I can be online anytime from 7pm to 11pm EST if anyone wants to team up for 2HG, I got lots of decks unlocked and set up for support.

My PSN is squalltheonly.

Btw how do i change my display name? I dont't want to be random guest lol
I can be online anytime from 7pm to 11pm EST if anyone wants to team up for 2HG, I got lots of decks unlocked and set up for support. My PSN is squalltheonly. Btw how do i change my display name? I dont't want to be random guest lol

You can make yourself an account if you like, then you can choose a sexy pic like mine too! Options at the top of the page. 

Can I get a list of people interested in the 2HG league/tourny? I'll organise it myself if I can get enough heads. Also, let me know if you have a team mate or not. If not, we will see if we can pair you up with somebody you click with, there is no rush to get this started right away. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I'm down for 2HG, I have a couple people I partner with and can probably get one of them to stop playing Borderlands 2 long enough to do a tournament.  ;)