The Sundering (aka WHERE DID AUGUST GO?)

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D In The News
The Sundering (aka WHERE DID AUGUST GO?)
By Erin M. Evans

Dear Readers, You may have heard about this Sundering thing. You may have read Brimstone Angelsand want to know what’s next for Farideh and company. You may have seen the YouTube videos, and stumbled on this blog trying to figure out who the heck that chick with the pink hair is. You may have read about it on the blogs of more conscientious authors than I. You may have come here because you’re my grandmother and you want to know why I’m not calling you more. But mostly the Sundering thing.

Talk about this article here.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

...It is very surreal to see this pop up on the forum. :p

But if someone does want to talk about it but not deal with Wordpress, I will answer questions here.  

Before anyone asks, I should mention, my grandmother hasn't said all of those things: she has not asked about more great-grandchildren. (She has pointed out I took waaaaay too long with the first one though, so I don't think it's a stretch).

www.slushlush.com

Hello Erin!

While scouring the ethereal border of the internet i stumbled upon your article and since it treated about The Sundering and your future novel, i thought i could share it with our Realms Community here  as i thought it was as  funny as informative Wink

Thanks

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Erin! You have no idea how happy I am that we're getting a sequel to Brimstone Angels! I'd do I little fangirl dance, but that might be a little awkward... So, I'll just stalk-, er, I mean, "follow" you on Facebook. You do have a facebook page, don't you?

Tongue Out
I have to say, @ErinMEvans, I love this bit from your blog:

What about [character I hate]?
No one hates any of my characters.

Now that's a great answer.
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
I figured the authors for Realmslore hung out at CK.  Well, it's cool seeing you here!  While I am still not a fan of 4th's take on The Realms, Brimstone Angels was a worthy read.  Plus, I'm totally cool with your Tiefling character mingling with the (supposedly) returned Bloodline/Planescapey Tieflings.  The more variety, the better I say.  But, I digress.  Welcome back to our wonderful (albeit frightening at times) land!

Crazed undead horror posing as a noble and heroic forum poster!

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
I don't have any questions for you at the moment, Erin, but I do want to say that I'm about halfway through Brimstone Angels and I've been loving it. I can already tell I can't wait to see more of Farideh.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)

*Sigh* I typed up a nice thorough reply...and then my son snuck up and attacked the keyboard, somehow reloading the page. Let's see if I can reproduce it while he naps.

@Plaguescarred: Thanks for posting it. I was coming by to see if there was someplace I could reasonably link from...and lo and behold the post had beaten me here!

@SmartPaladin: I am! My facebook page is www.facebook.com/brimstoneangels or you can follow me on Twitter. I'm @ErinMEvans.  

@Imruphel: It's a lie. No one likes Cassian from The God Catcher. To be fair, he is the embodiment of a commentary I was trying to make on one-dimensional female characters as love interests/flimsy hero support, so you should probably not like him. Also he's kind of a prat.

@DoctorNecrotic: Glad you liked it! 

@LordManshoon: And I'm glad you're enjoying it!    

www.slushlush.com

Hurray! Now I don't have to send you a friend request, 'cause that would be kinda creepy. Nevermind that I'll probably do it anyway, roughly around the same time I ambush Miss Elaine Cunningham. 'Cause, 'cause, I wuv mah authors (if you could see me right now, you would run. You'd lawl, but you'd still run).

Though I have a complaint for you, missy! Nevermind that it's most likely not your fault in anyway, shape, or form. The complaint however, is simple. Lesser Evils, a novel I am thoroughly looking forward to, doesn't come out until December 3rd. Do you have any idea how evil that is? I'm already hard enough to shop for anyway. And now there's a novel coming out that I REALLY want, and I have to make the Will check not to just say screw it and buy the thing out right!
Hey if I could change it I would be glad to. I'm itching to see what people think of it. Also, contrary to popular belief, December isn't the greatest month for book sales. 

So...if anyone's trying to figure out a Secret Santa gift come December, might I suggest a Brimstone Angels/Lesser Evils bundle? ;) 

www.slushlush.com

(snip)
@Imruphel: It's a lie. No one likes Cassian from The God Catcher. To be fair, he is the embodiment of a commentary I was trying to make on one-dimensional female characters as love interests/flimsy hero (snip)

I haven't read that yet but I hear good things about it. Hopefully I will get to read it on my next batch of plane trips.

Oh, and if I don't like him I will say nothing.
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
Greetings from Nicaragua! I loved what Brimstone Angels did for Neverwinter, fleshing out story, everyday events and the underground struggle for certain factions, as well as the window into the devils' home. My wife loves tieflings -she is a tiefling warlock herself- and is itching to have a Spanish translation for Angels, since she is kind of lazy with English.

So, count me in as one of those eagerly waiting for the next chapter in the saga. Mehen needs more screen time, too. He rocks.
Greetings from Nicaragua! I loved what Brimstone Angels did for Neverwinter, fleshing out story, everyday events and the underground struggle for certain factions, as well as the window into the devils' home. My wife loves tieflings -she is a tiefling warlock herself- and is itching to have a Spanish translation for Angels, since she is kind of lazy with English.

So, count me in as one of those eagerly waiting for the next chapter in the saga. Mehen needs more screen time, too. He rocks.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I have no idea what the situation is with regards to translations, but I would love it if BRimstone Angels got picked up for a Spanish translation. 

I agree--I am pretty excited about getting to tell Mehen's story eventually. I'll warn you in advance, that's not Lesser Evils. But I'll get there! It's too good to leave aside.

www.slushlush.com

Wonderful. We needed a prominent dragonborn character. I hated seen him fall under that particular *witch*'s spell in Brimstone Angels, which fueled my way of protraying her in my own Neverwinter campaign. Now my players hate her as well. A lot.
Just in case you all are interested and missed my other post, I am running a contest for the release of Lesser Evils. Details are here.

www.slushlush.com

Hi Erin

No questions about the Sundering as such just comments. I only recenly finished reading Brimstone Angels, and before I was even halfway through it I was on Amazon seeing what other books you had and promptly bought the God Catcher and lo' and behold Lesser Evils was there also which I have just started reading and can't wait to get into.

I was reading something on ESDB's site about how they are going to be bringing in more ethnic/gender/sexuality diverse characters is a really cool thing. Faradeih's character I fell in love with completely and I'm over the moon she's going to be included in The Sundering.

However, I am waiting for a good strong gay/lesbian character to be introduced. Speaking as a gay man who loves Forgotten Realms (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one) it really needs it, to be dragged into modern times.

Anyhoo, that's it can't wait for your next work.

Vangey