Torchlight II

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
OMFG amazing!

Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

I'll get it when it's on a disc. I prefer physical media.
Show
Of the two approaches to hobby games today, one is best defined as the realism-simulation school and the other as the game school. AD&D is assuredly an adherent of the latter school. It does not stress any realism (in the author's opinon an absurd effort at best considering the topic!). It does little to attempt to simulate anything either. (AD&D) is first and foremost a game for the fun and enjoyment of those who seek the use of imagination and creativity.... In all cases, however, the reader should understand that AD&D is designed to be an amusing and diverting pastime, something which an fill a few hours or consume endless days, as the participants desire, but in no case something to be taken too seriously. For fun, excitement and captivating fantasy, AD&D is unsurpassed.As a realistic simulation of things from the realm of make-believe or even as a reflection of midieval or ancient warfare or culture or society, it can be deemed only a dismal failure. Readers who seek the later must search elsewhere. - Gary Gygax. 1e DMG.
I wont get it at all
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
I'd ask what it is but I don't care right now.  I've got Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands 2 to keep me occupied.  I've got 18 or so levels in GW 2 and know it's totally awesome.  Only about 7 into Borderlands and ... well, there's some stuff I don't like (presentation-wise) but overall it's just as amusing as the first.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I'd rather finish Torchlight 1 first, but no multi = quick boredom for me.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
I loved Torchlight on the Xbox! Any plans for it to go Arcade?
Benevolent God of Death "No one told you when to run."

Wait, you can play it with a pad?

This might actually make it interesting. More than "clicking on things till they die" at least.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png

This might actually make it interesting. More than "clicking on things till they die" at least.

So its like Sacred?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

So its like every boring, repetitive hack n' slash ever?

I tire of some later than others (Sacred Gold and Torchlight among them), but I tire of them nonetheless.
I tried a demo of the first Torchlight on the PC. It was ok, but nothing I'd spend money on.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

I dont get much into rpg video games, the last one I played was Sacred, my youngest daughter got into that one as well, she had problems pronouncing Sacred though and she always pronounced it Secret, shed get soo mad cause shed be telling her mom she wanted to play daddy's secret game and my wife had no idea what she was talking about haha. Anyway I didnt much care for Sacred, I liked to run around and explore so I didnt do the quests in order then that messed me up later on, stupid ordered quests.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Yeah, it's for the Xbox Live Arcade. And yes, it's just a hack-and-slash-Diablo-style mindless kill/lootfest. But I like those games, on occasion.

I played Sacred on the Xbox, too, and I have to say I liked Torchlight better, because the graphics were more my style.

However, I did like the big lizard mount that my Dryad got to ride around on. I admit I didn't play through the game completely because other games caught my interest more. I think I sold it back a while ago ...

But I really enjoyed Torchlight on the Xbox. I would definitely buy the 2nd one through the Arcade. :-)
Benevolent God of Death "No one told you when to run."