Simple question about warlocks and summoning

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello, one of my player in my campaign is a primordial pact warlock in Dark Sun, he got a silt elemental with a boon who he can summon by using the summoning rules.

Can he applies his warlock curse on the hits of the silt elemental ? I was thinking yes because the warlock applies his curse when he hits an ennemy. But some says that the summoning is an ally too...

Just help guys to fix this !

Summons are an ally.

But the Warlock attacks through them. So yes, he can apply curse.
The official text:
"If a summoning power allows the sommoned creature to attack, the summoner makes an attack through the creature, as specified in the power description. If the summoned creature can make a skill check or an ability check, the summoner makes the check. The attack or check uses the summoner's game statistics, unless the descriptions of the power or creature specify otherwise. Attacks and checks made through the creature do not include any temporary bonuses or penalties to the summoner's statistics."

So you are making the attack or check, getting any non-temporary (ie. you'd add Enh bonus, feat bonus, and ability bonuses based on your statistics, but not stuff like Combat Advantage from you being Invisible or any buffs a Leader puts on you)
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
The official text:
"If a summoning power allows the sommoned creature to attack, the summoner makes an attack through the creature, as specified in the power description. If the summoned creature can make a skill check or an ability check, the summoner makes the check. The attack or check uses the summoner's game statistics, unless the descriptions of the power or creature specify otherwise. Attacks and checks made through the creature do not include any temporary bonuses or penalties to the summoner's statistics."

So you are making the attack or check, getting any non-temporary (ie. you'd add Enh bonus, feat bonus, and ability bonuses based on your statistics, but not stuff like Combat Advantage from you being Invisible or any buffs a Leader puts on you)

So, warlock curse works on the summon ?

Yes.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.