DC: Death Sentence

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Text: 1 creature you control within 5 squares makes a melee attack.

So strictly from the wording, the creature that uses this card would be eligible as a target as it belongs to you and is within 5 spaces of itself.  That said, it does not seem to be in the spirit of what the card was intended to do.  Is there a ruling for these types of effects that states otherwise or can Death Sentence be used on the creature that is designated the user of the action?

At Gen Con, I was informed that the creature using the action can be the creature making the attack, as per stated by the card.  That's how I've been playing it.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com

Thanks! It does make sense in some ways, and for a level 3 card it seems reasonable in terms of power.

www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/d... The cards power is explained right under the image. I plan to use it in my curse of undeath deck. I believe it combos well with all the charisma based monsters and the skeletal tomb guardian.
My Dark Sun Campaign "Shards of a Broken Crown" http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shards-of-a-broken-crown