Former 4e boss Bill Slavicsek working on Elder Scrolls Online

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Congrats to Bill Slavicsek, the head of D&D for much of the 4e era, for getting a job with Zenimax Online Studios. Their current project is nothing less than the massively anticipated MMO Elder Scrolls Online, successor to Oblivion and Skyrim. Bill is a writer and content developer and you can bet his years of D&D experience and knowledge will help make ESO a fantastic game.
Elder Scrolls should not be a MMO.  I say this as someone who is a big fan of MMOs and Elder Scrolls.

It should not be a MMO.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
My congradulations to Bill!

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

I have not played an MMO since Ultima Online, and I have no experience with Elder Scrolls. But Bill has my congratulations, and I think he will do a great job at whatever he works on.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
i am glad he found work after getting blown out at xmas
That's good news for Bill. Congrats.
Elder Scrolls should not be a MMO.  I say this as someone who is a big fan of MMOs and Elder Scrolls.

It should not be a MMO.

Agree, wish Bill the best of luck but I'm sure many feel the same way.  As it stands I think we are seeing the decline of the MMO (at least the P2P format, F2P might work)

Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/

It should not be a MMO.

Agree, wish Bill the best of luck but I'm sure many feel the same way.  As it stands I think we are seeing the decline of the MMO (at least the P2P format, F2P might work)

You know you're old when these abbreviations begin to give you a deer-in-headlights look.

You know you're old when these abbreviations begin to give you a deer-in-headlights look.

P2P = Pay to Play, the $15 (or so) monthly fee.
F2P = Free to Play, usually has some type of store with micro-transacations that make the company money.  

Pay to Play is losing popularity on a whole.  
Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/
cool, thanks for the lesson!

It should not be a MMO.

I have  hard time seeing how Elder Scrolls will translate into an MMO format unless they made it like old UO, which unfortunately would be a griefer paradise. When I think of playing Elder Scrolls, I think of sticking buckets on NPCs heads and leaving stacks of pillows and watermellons in random places. Not to mention mods.

It should not be a MMO.

I have  hard time seeing how Elder Scrolls will translate into an MMO format unless they made it like old UO, which unfortunately would be a griefer paradise. When I think of playing Elder Scrolls, I think of sticking buckets on NPCs heads and leaving stacks of pillows and watermellons in random places. Not to mention mods.

somehow memories of handing out meroj melons and making huge art projects out of random items in star wars galaxies is coming back to me. 
Congrats to Bill, I'd hope he can use his game design genius on the crunch but I'm afraid it might not be possible, the ES fluff will allways be next to none so I have no worries about that.
I'm always pleased to hear good news like this.

Congratulations, Bill! Wishing you every success in your new role and a big thanks for the part you played in giving us 4E.
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
P2P = Pay to Play, the $15 (or so) monthly fee.
F2P = Free to Play, usually has some type of store with micro-transacations that make the company money.  

Pay to Play is losing popularity on a whole.  

Unless you happen to be World of Warcraft.

p.s. why can't I quote the entire post properly?
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition