Flipping out! [Mono red Gambling deck]

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hilarious deck with a serious chance at winning.

23   Mountain

1   Shivan Gorge

4   Chance Encounter
4   Krark's Thumb
4   Planar Chaos
4   Fiery Gambit
4   Gamble
3   Sun Droplet
3   Puppet's Verdict
3   Game of Chaos
3   Mana Clash

Biggest thing about the deck is getting  Krark's Thumb to power out a bunch of consecutive Fiery Gambit or something similar.  Would love some feedback. I kinda wanna keep it mono red but blue red could also work if the options are enticing enough.
Oh man, way to bring back memories of watching a six-player FFA get ended by one of my mates chaining together four Fiery Gambits in a row. After I'd been silly enough to trade him his fourth.

I highly recommend Crooked Scales here for creature removal. I get that you're trying to Chance Encounter FTW by using Game of Chaos and Mana Clash, but the Scales will be a better long-term option.
The other thing that can sometimes trip up Fiery Gambit is a lack of creatures on the board to target with the first coin flip's ability - perhaps Forbidden Orchard or Khalni Garden in the land base? Or Wild Wurm or Scoria Wurm in the creature base?
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Oh man, way to bring back memories of watching a six-player FFA get ended by one of my mates chaining together four Fiery Gambits in a row. After I'd been silly enough to trade him his fourth.

I highly recommend Crooked Scales here for creature removal. I get that you're trying to Chance Encounter FTW by using Game of Chaos and Mana Clash, but the Scales will be a better long-term option.
The other thing that can sometimes trip up Fiery Gambit is a lack of creatures on the board to target with the first coin flip's ability - perhaps Forbidden Orchard or Khalni Garden in the land base? Or Wild Wurm or Scoria Wurm in the creature base?

Hey Bl00m, I think I read your story in some thread before, that was probably in the back of my mind when I chose the card. 

As for your Crooked Scales suggestion, often with just 4 creature cards in the deck I think I'd have trouble targeting a creature of mine. Furthermore, I think the 4 mana cost is a little steep for what you're getting.

In the meta I play, I probably won't need Forbidden Orchard or the like, given most people play cost effective 1 drops.
Perhaps a singleton Mirror Gallery, and a way to find it Hoarding Dragon.

Impulsive Maneuvers, Mogg Assassin (your opponent need not even choose your creature), Volatile Rig, Scoria Wurm, Wirefly Hive

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group

Perhaps a singleton Mirror Gallery, and a way to find it Hoarding Dragon. Impulsive Maneuvers, Mogg Assassin (your opponent need not even choose your creature), Volatile Rig, Scoria Wurm, Wirefly Hive

This deck looks fun but extremely fragile.  I would definitely add the Mogg Assassins and Impulsive Maneuvres.  Not sure I would bother with the Rig, Wurm of Hives as the downsides to losing flips look large, and Krark's Thumb is Legendary so you cannot control the outcome of the coinflips very well.  Where's Mirror Gallery so you can have multiple Thumbs in play?