Defense of the Heart and BFM

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can I use Defense of the Heart to cheat out the B.F.M? DotH says I have to bring out two creature cards, not two creatures, and BFM is technically two cards. So does this work?
  I would say it works.

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

And I'd say it wouldn't.

I know it's unhinged territory but if we stick to the definition the verb "play", which means cast here. It won't work, because you try to put them on the battlefield, and to be able to do that, you'd have to play/cast both parts, which you don't, as you want to put them on the battlefield.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

And I'd say it wouldn't.

I know it's unhinged territory but if we stick to the definition the verb "play", which means cast here.

Someone needs to read the card more closely. It does not say to play the creatures, it says to put them into play. Which strongly implies that the Oracle text would be "onto the battlefield". Which is exactly what the Oracle text does say. Imagine that. (Nothing personal, crabcakes.)

Also, to the OP, for future reference, Rules questions belong in Rules Q&A.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

From the Unglued QAS (Questions Asked, Sometimes) :
Can I cast Animate Dead on B.F.M.?
No. Animate Dead can target only one creature card. Although B.F.M. is considered one permanent (and one card) while in play, it is in fact two cards when in your hand, graveyard, or library. B.F.M. cannot be brought into play unless both pieces are brought in at the same time (say by Living Death or Incoming!).

So if you get both pieces you can put it out. 

Level 1 Judge

Alright, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I can do it then? Am I good?
And I'd say it wouldn't.

I know it's unhinged territory but if we stick to the definition the verb "play", which means cast here.

Someone needs to read the card more closely. It does not say to play the creatures, it says to put them into play. Which strongly implies that the Oracle text would be "onto the battlefield". Which is exactly what the Oracle text does say. Imagine that. (Nothing personal, crabcakes.)

Also, to the OP, for future reference, Rules questions belong in Rules Q&A.

Oh, misread the defense indeed. Sorry all my concentration was devoted to deciphering the BFM double cards. :P

Was it really necessary to be THAT condescending though? :/

Rules Advisor

How to autocard :

I think you may have chosen your name and avatar poorly if you wish for others to not be condescending =)
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how condescending was it? 'Cause I was shooting for no more than a 6.

Seriously, though, no disrespect intended. Was meant to be more of a friendly tease.

I think you may have chosen your name and avatar poorly if you wish for others to not be condescending =)

And he does have a point.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

And he does have a point.

I can't but bow to that, my friends. :P

Rules Advisor

How to autocard :

Sign In to post comments