U/W Delver, How's this look?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here's a list I brewed up and have begun testing with:

A healthy amount of disruption with some proven finishers.  My biggest concerns would likely be with the sideboard and the light amount of spot removal in the deck.  I will be testing this deck more over the next week and a bit.

Questions, comments and constructive criticisms encouraged Smile
Too many creatures, too few spells.  Delver, Snapcaster + Thalia is big no-no.  You're running way too few lands as well.

Cut Thalia, Spellstutter, Arbiter, Eiganjo and Cloudshift (it's not that good).  Cut one Geist (it's legendary).  You should probably cut a few Plains to make Shackles better as well.

Add 2x Path to Exile, 1x Remand, 2x Mana Leak, 1x Spell Pierce, 2-3x Hallowed Fountain and a few more Pikes and maybe another Shackles.

EDIT:  Forgot about Thought Scour as well.  That deserves some slots because it powers up Pike, Haunt and filters through your deck.
This is the list i was thinkin

U/w delver:

Lands:
4 hallowed fountain
4 mystic gate
3 scalding tarn
2 arid mesa
2 tectonic edge
5 islands
4 plains

Creatures:
4 snapcaster
3 wall of omens
4 delver
3 sphinx of jwar isle

Spells:
4 remand
3 spell snare 
2 spell pierce
2 serum visions
2 cryptic command
3 vapor snag
3 mana leak
3 path to exile

Side:
1 spell snare
3 mindbreak trap
2 timely reinforcements
4 annul
2 leyline of sanctity
3 hurkyls recall
Some playtesting results:

Played the deck as listed above vs. my brother's Gristlebrand glasscannon deck, which consistently gets turn 2-3 kills against any deck not running control and went 8-1.  Hooray for remands.

Removed the vedalken shackles for a psionic blast.  Swapped two of the three thalia, guardian of thraben for the leonin arbiters in the sideboard adn cut one maindeck for a baneslayer angel (lifelink is relevant when trying to race another aggressive deck, and she looked lonely collecting dust in my binder).

Then played against my friend's Jund deck and went 6-2.  Counter magic really shined in this matchup and only really lost when he was able to stick and protect a liliana of the veil.

Then played against my other friend's Martyr-Proc deck and got stomped 1-2.  The games he won my deck felt helpless against it,  his turn 2  being at 32 life with a 6/6 flying, lifelink cleric was too hard to race.

Conclusions this round:  need a bit more spot removal maindeck and some sweepers in the sideboard.  Leonin arbiters are boss vs greedy three colour decks running 10+ fetchlands.  Cloudshift is that good; counters spot removal, gets second uses out of my snappers,spellstutter sprites and cliques, and allows for a free attack with St. Traft into blockers for his angel buddy to get in there.  Eiganjo castle is an excellent "one of" to give St. Traft some protection when attacking.
Sign In to post comments