Elvish Archdruid

11 posts / 0 new
Last post

So if i have an Elvish Archdruid can i tap him on my opponent first and get the mana that he produces?

Also if i have Elvish Branchbender can i tap him on my oppent turn and get the treefolk creature?Or if i tap him on my turn the "creature" can attack??

1) Like all activated abilities that don't say otherwise, the Archdruid's ability can be activated anytime you have priority. And it cannot be responded to, because mana abilities don't use the stack.

2) Again, it's an activated ability without any timing or other restriction. You can use it anytime you have priority. And yes, if you animate a Forest (that you controlled continously since the beginning of your most recent turn), you can attack with it. A forest you didn't control continously since the beginning of your most recent turn will be summoning sick and cannot attack or tap for green mana once it got animated.
1) Like all activated abilities that don't say otherwise, the Archdruid's ability can be activated anytime you have priority. And it cannot be responded to, because mana abilities don't use the stack.

2) Again, it's an activated ability without any timing or other restriction. You can use it anytime you have priority. And yes, if you animate a Forest (that you controlled continously since the beginning of your most recent turn), you can attack with it. A forest you didn't control continously since the beginning of your most recent turn will be summoning sick and cannot attack or tap for green mana once it got animated.

ty for your help
Novacat (I think!) put this nicely a few days ago:

Turning a permanent into a creature doesn't give it summoning sickness -- but it does make it suddenly care whether summoning sickness should apply.
And 1 more question if i have 2 Bramblewood Paragon and i play a warrior creature it will get 2 +1+1 counters?
yes.
yes

but keep in mind it has to be a warrior on the stack, Xenograft set to warrior will not grant the counters to non-native warriors
proud member of the 2011 community team
And 1 more question if i have 2 Bramblewood Paragon and i play a warrior creature it will get 2 +1+1 counters?

as long as the card has warrior in the type line of its Oracle text, yes

a spell and resulting permanent that's only a warrior because of Conspiracy wouldn't get any counters

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

...but I guess Artificial Evolution would do the job, right?

yes
the creature spell will keep the change when it becomes a creature permanent
proud member of the 2011 community team
a spell and resulting permanent that's only a warrior because of Conspiracy wouldn't get any counters

Correct, according to rule 614.12.
But that feels extremely counterintuitive!