Expansion finally out for iPad now

60 posts / 0 new
Last post
In iTunes now.
Available in UK too now. Excellent. 
Sweet!  Downloading now.
The expansion in the store screen just said "LOADING" for me, and I'm unable to buy it.  Anyone  else seeing this?
That's all I am getting too.  Maybe it just takes a bit to get all the cards in the system???
I too, am staring at a loading screen. What fun.
Same...loading.
Quickly fixes hair into dual buns...

Help us Wizards_Sean, you are our only hope...

//End Princess Lea immitation 
I'm looking into this now. I'll let you know when I've got something.

@Ranccor you said you downloaded the update? Or were you just attempting to download and hit the loading message?

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

No. I was able to download the game.  Then start the game and when you go into the "store" to unlock, it just says "loading" and doesn't let you purchase the item.  I'm guessing they are just jammed with purchase requests, so it is taking a while to load.  
That's what's happening to me, too.  The patch took a while to download, but did.  It's the store that seems stuck.
No. I was able to download the game.  Then start the game and when you go into the "store" to unlock, it just says "loading" and doesn't let you purchase the item.  I'm guessing they are just jammed with purchase requests, so it is taking a while to load.  

Okay, thanks for the details. 

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

The update wiped out all of my progress and unlocked cards and decks. Is this something to expect from every update. I really hate loosing it all. Can you correct this?
After a long time of "Loading" a new Game Center user agreement came up and after agreeing to it I was able to go to the app store and download the update. It's currently in Loading with a progress bar on the main apps menu so I'm hoping once that update is done we will be able to purchase the DLC...will let you know how it goes.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
The update wiped out all of my progress and unlocked cards and decks. Is this something to expect from every update. I really hate loosing it all. Can you correct this?

Man I hope not because I already lost all my updates on Ipad twice and if it does it again I probably won't go through with the DLC purchase on it. It's waaay too much work to unlock everything for a 3rd time.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
Same here. Downloaded update and have new front screen and locked expansion tabs. In store it just says loading with no way to buy as yet. 
All previous unlocks are there after a new GC agreement though.

Ney.... Stuck at loading message 
After successfully download the app from itunes, I'm stuck on purchasing "MTG-Duels of the Plainswalker 2013 Expansion" as well, the screen just says "LOADING"

I attempt to purchase the expansion using 3G by the way, so that might be the problem     
I tried to update from the app store. I got the GC user agreement, agreed, and it started downloading, but I'm only about 10% complete on the download after an hour and a half. :/
And for the moment, that's the faster part.
I'm also stuck with the "Loading" message
I'm also stuck with the "Loading" message

Im also with the loading message and cannot buy nothing
What a miserable experience. It's been downloading for 30 minutes and I have barely a blue blip under my icon. I know it's not my Internet, I have about 26 mbs through AT&T. 
I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I was able to update the game, when I enter the "Store" section within the game and navigate to the xpac, I just get "loading". I'm able to purchase unlocks and foil unlocks for the original 10 decks though. Humbug!
Maybe error in this update?!
Yeah, maybe releasing on the App Store the same date as iOS6 wasn't the best plan...
"I floop the pig."
After the update loaded and installed I went to the store in-app and it just says LOADING when you swipe to the expansion. It's been around 1.5 hours stuck there
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Same here. Of it isn't loaded by the time I get back from work tonight, I'm deleting this wretched ap. I didn't have the time to commit to MTGO and duels still granted me my fix, but at this point I'dhappily go back to MTGO and forget this awful experience. Too bad, too. It seemed like the iPad was a perfect tool for Magic
Same here. Of it isn't loaded by the time I get back from work tonight, I'm deleting this wretched ap. I didn't have the time to commit to MTGO and duels still granted me my fix, but at this point I'dhappily go back to MTGO and forget this awful experience. Too bad, too. It seemed like the iPad was a perfect tool for Magic

So you are quiting because the DLC didn't work a couple of hours after it was released? Overreact much?
I really want to give Wizards my money, but I too am stuck at a loading screen.  Cry
I'd delete and re-download if I wasn't so sure I'd lose my progress! 
I'd delete and re-download if I wasn't so sure I'd lose my progress! 

Sounds like some people already are loosing progress.  It's happened to me once and I hope it doesn't do it again with the expansion.  Hoping they get the problem resolved.  I'm sure they are working on it.

I'm playing BASTION while we wait.  Fun game.
I'm studying Advanced Cardiac Life Support while I wait.  Have to recertify tomorrow.. BLAH!!!  Would rather be playing DOTP!! LOL
I'm at 50% downloaded for the update after 4 hours, so pretty much don't download it if you want to play the game at all today.
It's been about five houre since this thread started.  Is it slow, or just not working at all? Does anyone have the expansion running on ipad?
It still says loading after clicking on Store in the application and scrolling to the expansion to try to purchase it. Anyone made any progress further than this?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm in.  It works for me now.  Fighting Selesnya now!! WHOOO HOOOOOO
Works for me too. Thanks Sean and Wizard. 
I'm in.  It works for me now.  Fighting Selesnya now!! WHOOO HOOOOOO

Finally was able to purchase as well and it's recognizing the content without loss of cards!!!
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Yup - just paid and ready to play. 
Sign In to post comments