3.5 Premium spell compendium reprint

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Check out this link on Amazon. They are reprinting the 3.5 Spell Compendium, hopefully with the latest errata. My guess is that this is the first of a few more 3.5 reprints. I think WotC realized there is still a big demand for 3.5 material (probably from a growing Pathfinder community).

What other 3.5 books do you think they will reprint?
My guess is that they will do the ones they consider essential to the rules. Probably won't see reprints of FR, Eberron, or DL campaign setting books, or the "complete" series. However, the Expanded Psionics Handbook may be a good idea to reprint.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

My guess is that they will do the ones they consider essential to the rules. Probably won't see reprints of FR, Eberron, or DL campaign setting books, or the "complete" series. However, the Expanded Psionics Handbook may be a good idea to reprint.

Is the Spell Compendium really essential to the rules? What about the magic item book or MM2 or PHB2? I would have thought those more essential to the game than the Spell Compendium.
This is great. Maybe, I can get this since I missed it the first time.
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength-16
Dexterity-13
Constitution-17
Intelligence-15
Wisdom-16
Charisma-14

Alignment:
Neutral Good A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.

Find out What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?, courtesy of Easydamus (e-mail)

This honked off an employee of my FLGS, as they have one copy of the original Spell Compendium, and are selling it at a higher price than the reprint is being listed at! Laughing

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

I could see them reprinting the Magic Item Compendium and PHB2. Both are really solid additions to the Core 3. DMG2 and one of the Monster Manuals (I thought the 3rd was the best) could conceivably also come out, with Complete Arcane (for the Warlock) as a distant stretch.

Not sure about the Tome of Battle: it received a lot of hate when it came, but I've heard a lot of 3ed groups use it as a fix for Martial PCs. I personally think it's one of the greatest books for 3ed, but I say that as a 4ed player, and I know many 3ed players dislike the tone and direction of it.

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

I could see them reprinting the Magic Item Compendium and PHB2.

Well, it was just posted to amazon that Magic Item compendium is coming in July 2013
source: www.amazon.com/Premium-Dungeons-Dragons-...
I could see them reprinting the Magic Item Compendium and PHB2.

Well, it was just posted to amazon that Magic Item compendium is coming in July 2013
source: www.amazon.com/Premium-Dungeons-Dragons-...

Nice; I'm going to have to pick that one up, since I can't find a copy of the MIC anywhere around here.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Magic item compendium and spell compendium came towards the end of 3.5. Would also probably sell a few copies to pathfinder players as well.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Magic item compendium and spell compendium came towards the end of 3.5. Would also probably sell a few copies to pathfinder players as well.

My local FLGS says the 3.5 reprints are selling like hotcakes mostly to Pathfinder fans. I suspect WotC knows this and this is why we are seeing increasing numbers of of 3.5 reprints, especially the compendium style books.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the FR campaign guide get a reprint too. With the latest errata, that would be a brisk seller I would think.