Copy creature and mana pool question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi!
1)My opponent has a 2/2 elf in the battlefield which has become 5/5 with +1/+1 counters on it and +1/+1 from an Elvish Archdruid that he controls. The creature is also indestructible from the ultimate ability of an Elspeth, Knight-Errant. If i Copy this creature what will i get?
2) He casts a Realm Razer. Can i put two red in my mana pool so when the Razer resolves to target him with an Incinerate?
 Thanks!
1) You will get a 2/2 elf as none of the other effects can be copied.
2) You can float any amount of mana and use it any time before the end of the phase.  You could also cast the incinerate in response to the Realm Razer's 'enters the battlefield' trigger going on the stack.
Do note that killing Realm Razer in response to its EtB trigger will have rather unfortunate effects.  From its Gatherer ruling:

If Realm Razer leaves the battlefield before its first ability has resolved, its second ability will trigger and do nothing. Then its first ability will resolve and exile all lands forever.

In other words, it's similar to what happens when cards like Fiend Hunter or Oblivion Ring leave the battlefield before their EtB trigger resolves.

So, unless you want all the lands to remain exiled, you should go with floating the mana and finding a way to destroy Realm Razer after its land exiling ability has resolved. 

...but would still be indestructible, thanks to Elspeth's Emblem.

EDIT: Your copy won't benefit from opponent's emblem, of course... 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.                        -Albert Einstein

So, you keep on voting, and you keep expecting different results from those elections?

How long have you tried this, over and over?

Ain't it time you reached a different conclusion about this whole mascarade?

Except the opponent ultimated the Elspeth so it would just be a 2/2.
1) My opponent has a 2/2 elf in the battlefield which has become 5/5 with +1/+1 counters on it and +1/+1 from an Elvish Archdruid that he controls. The creature is also indestructible from the ultimate ability of an Elspeth, Knight-Errant. If i Copy this creature what will i get?

...but would still be indestructible, thanks to Elspeth's Emblem.

Elspeth's emblem only works for the opponent's permanents

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Woops! Didn't catch that!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.                        -Albert Einstein

So, you keep on voting, and you keep expecting different results from those elections?

How long have you tried this, over and over?

Ain't it time you reached a different conclusion about this whole mascarade?

Sign In to post comments