Nirkana Revenant - Help on ability?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been working with a super janky mono-black shade/swampwalker deck, and here's the situation I ran into: I have out a number of swamps, Cabal Coffers, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, and my Nirkana Revenant. Since all of my lands are swamps (due to Urborg), part of me thinks that activating the mana ability of my Coffers should interact with my Revenant's first ability, but I am not entirely sure on this. I don't have many points of comparison, since most nonbasic lands that have unusual abilities don't have secondary types like Swamp. Could someone lend some insight?
I would say that all your non-swamp lands would become swamps and those abilities would stack. I'm not a very avid legacy player so I could be wrong but as long as non of the cards are banned in the format you are rocking. That is a pretty clever combo; throw in Liliana of the Dark Realms and you got yourself a black mana party. Someone could really gimp you though while coffers ability is on the stack and they destroy Urborg with land destruction. If you have a ton of non basic land out it could prevent what you are trying to cast.
I fairly confident it would work, but you should post in Rules Q&A instead.
Someone could really gimp you though while coffers ability is on the stack and they destroy Urborg with land destruction.

Mana abilities don't use the stack.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Coffers will tap for an additional .
Decks
Legacy
Coffee Girl/Super Zero
[deck] 4 Glimpse of Nature 4 Scapegoat 1 Brain Freeze 1 Grapeshot 1 Storm Entity 4 Land Grant 4 Lotus Petal 1 Mox Opal 4 Mox Diamond 4 Temple Garden 1 Breeding Pool 4 Memnite 4 Shield Sphere 4 Phyrexian Walker 4 Ornithopter 4 Crimson Kobolds 4 Kobolds of Kher Keep 4 Crookshank Kobolds 3 Phyrexian Marauder [/deck]
Zubera Chum
[deck] 4 Ember-Fist Zubera 4 Floating-Dream Zubera 4 Silent-Chant Zubera 4 Dripping-Tongue Zubera 4 Ashen-Skin Zubera 1 Honden of Infinite Rage 1 Honden of Cleansing Fire 1 Honden of Life's Web 1 Honden of Night's Reach 1 Honden of Seeing Winds 2 Soul Foundry 4 Pentad Prism 3 Devouring Greed 3 Spawning Pit 4 Mountain 4 Island 4 Plains 4 Swamp 4 Forest 3 Terramorphic Expanse [/deck]
Burn
[deck] 4 Burst Lightning 4 Lightning Bolt 4 Lava Spike 4 Chain Lightning 4 Rift Bolt 4 Incinerate 4 Chain of Plasma 4 Flame Rift 4 Thunderbolt 4 Fireblast 4 Barbarian Ring 16 Mountain [/deck]
Envy
[deck] 4 Shared Fate 4 Serum Powder 4 Manamorphose 4 Elvish Spirit Guide 4 Simian Spirit Guide 4 Rite of Flame 4 Desperate Ritual 4 Pyretic Ritual 4 Seething Song 4 Lotus Petal 4 City of Brass 4 Gemstone Mine 4 Tendo Ice Bridge 4 Shivan Reef 4 Steam Vents [/deck]
Arcane Bin
[deck] 4 Ire of Kaminari 3 Psychic Puppetry 4 Desperate Ritual 3 Dampen Thought 4 Peer Through Depths 4 Sift Through Sands 4 Reach Through Mists 4 Eerie Procession 4 Ideas Unbound 3 Glacial Ray 3 Sensei's Divining Top 4 Lotus Vale 10 Island 6 Mountain [/deck]
Multiplayer Syphon
[deck] 4 Barter in Blood 1 Infest 4 Hideous Laughter 4 Screams from Within 4 Syphon Soul 4 Blood Tithe 4 Syphon Mind 4 Hissing Miasma 4 Twisted Abomination 4 Consume Spirit 2 Exsanguinate 1 Panoptic Mirror 4 Cabal Coffers 1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth 1 Dark Depths 16 Swamp [/deck]
Extended
Elfball
[deck] 4 Heritage Druid 4 Nettle Sentinel 4 Llanowar Elves 4 Elvish Visionary 4 Elvish Promenade 4 Gilt-Leaf Ambush 2 Imperious Perfect 3 Elvish Archdruid 4 Regal Force 2 Manamorphose 2 Roar of the Crowd 2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 2 Naturalize 18 Forest 1 Mountain [/deck]
Standard
Liquimelter
[deck] 4 Liquimetal Coating 4 Manic Vandal 4 Oxidda Scrapmelter 4 Tuktuk Scrapper 3 Acidic Slime 3 Hoard-Smelter Dragon 3 Viridian Revel 3 Ancient Stirrings 4 Flame Slash 4 Lightning Bolt 10 Forest 14 Mountain [/deck]
Humans!
[deck] 4 Angel of Glory's Rise 4 Faithless Looting 4 Shattered Perception 4 Wild Guess 3 Mad Prophet 4 Unburial Rites 3 Goldnight Commander 2 Lightning Mauler 3 Fervent Cathar 3 Fiend Hunter 2 Kessig Malcontents 4 Zealous Conscripts 4 Clifftop Retreat 4 Dragonskull Summit 10 Mountain 2 Plains [/deck]
I've been working with a super janky mono-black shade/swampwalker deck, and here's the situation I ran into: I have out a number of swamps, Cabal Coffers, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, and my Nirkana Revenant. Since all of my lands are swamps (due to Urborg), part of me thinks that activating the mana ability of my Coffers should interact with my Revenant's first ability, but I am not entirely sure on this. I don't have many points of comparison, since most nonbasic lands that have unusual abilities don't have secondary types like Swamp. Could someone lend some insight?

Yes, Nirkana Revenant will add one additional to your mana pool when Cabal Coffers is tapped for mana.  This is because Nirkana Revenant looks for the Swamp subtype which Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth grants.

Rules Q&A would gain you the fastest response to a rules question.

Neat! I had suspicions that it wouldn't work but I'm happy to see that it does. Thanks everyone! (And yeah, I realize this should have gone to the Rules board instead >.< Thanks anyway!)
Sign In to post comments