Dredge vs Manaless dredge

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi

I need your opinion about which LEDless dredge is better. Compare this three decks.

Dredge

Source: www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/deck.php?id=67...

Manaless dredge
[deck]

4 Bloodghast
3 Gigapede
4 Golgari Grave-troll
4 Golgari Thug 
4 Ichorid
4 Narcomoeba
4 Nether Shadow
4 Phantasmagorian
4 Shambling Shell
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Street Wraith
1 Woodfall Primus
4 Bridge from Below
1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Dread Return
3 Dakmor Salvage
[/deck] 
Source: www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/deck.php?id=65...

Mix of both

[deck]

4 Golgari Grave-troll
4 Golgari Thug
4 Ichorid
4 Narcomoeba
4 Phantasmagorian
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Street Wraith
4 Bridge from Below
1 Darkblast
4 Breakthrough
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Careful Study
2 Dread Return
4 Cephalid Coliseum
4 City of Brass
4 Gemstone Mine
1 Tarnished Citadel

[/deck]
Source: www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/deck.php?id=68...

(don't stare too much on the position/number of players, because there's a lot of dredge decks that are so different)

Annotations:
-The sources to discard, for normal dredge are careful study, breakthrough, putrid imp, tireless tribe, and the sources that make discard from the manaless dredge are Phantasmagorian and Gigapede.
(the traditional dredge can suffer because tireless tribe and putrid imp can die during the game, on the other hand, you assure to discard the cards you want and whenever you want, because in the manaless dredge you must wait to have 8 cards on hand in start to start discarting (assuming that you have the right cards))

-The sources to draw, for normal dredge are careful study and breakthrough. For the manaless dredge you have gitaxian probe and street wraith. For both, sphinx of lost truths and griselbrand
(for normal dredge you are faster, but for manaless dredge you are unable to be countered, thoughtseized or extracted)

-The creatures that return to play, for normal dredge is ichorid. For manaless dredge you have ichorid, nether shadow and bloodghast (which i dont like because you must damage the opponent which can block with creatures and exile the bridge from below vainly). Those are more, but as I said, for the normal dredge you can play ichorid several times because it's faster.

In conclusion, the dredge with lands is faster than the manaless dredge but it can have the discarter cards destroyed or to have the drawer cards countered/extracted. Another fact is that the manaless dredge you don't need the luck to have the "land-spells" proportion in the first hand because you don't use lands, but on the other hand, the postboard antidredge can break you as soon as it draws the postboarded cards because this is slower than the dredge that uses lands.

What do you prefer? 

The list I ran at GP Amsterdam:

UNDISCOVERED DREDGE

4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Golgari Thug
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Narcamoeba
4 Bloodghast
4 Ichorid
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
1 Angel of Despair
1 Sphinx of Lost Truths
(27)
4 Breakthrough
4 Careful Study
3 Dread Return
4 Cabal Therapy
(15)
4 Bridge From Below
(4)
4 Undiscovered Paradise
4 Cephalid Coliseum
4 City of Brass
2 Dakmor Salvage
(14)

SIDEBOARD(15)
1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
1 Dread Return
1 Memory’s Journey
1 Gemstone Mine
3 Ray of Revelation
4 Chain of Vapor
4 Unmask

This was obvious pre-faithless looting, so it could be tweaked, also the unmask in the SB should be pithing needles for scavening ooze and relic etc etc.

The list felt like a pretty good non-led build, I did play an LED build before the event, but this felt stronger in the environment which featured a lot of UW control and stoneforge decks.

Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/