DotP Ipad Tourny #4 --- THE DLC VERSION

282 posts / 0 new
Last post
And 730PM EST tomorrow sounds BRILLIANT Hitokiri-san. Hai!

Who cares about "last word" except for immature little kids. Why don't you post your available times like everyone else instead of leaving things to chance and throwing a temper tantrum, and I will attempt to work using the iPad during that timeframe. Let me repeat myself like I do to my kids for what is hopefully the last time:  POST your available times, and I will attempt to work using the iPad during that timeframe. 

If you can't handle that I will gladly concede the match to your little ego since it's just a game. Seriously grow-up and get a life.

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
Ooooh, look who's resorting to personal attacks. I hope you teach your kids what hypocrisy means.

(and how to read, like I already said, tomorrow 730PM sounds brilliant)

<3
Ooooh, look who's resorting to personal attacks. I hope you teach your kids what hypocrisy means.

(and how to read, like I already said, tomorrow 730PM sounds brilliant)

<3

Nah, while I do tell them not to start fights, I do teach them to stand up for themselves when a bully tries to confront them.

Now that you've FINALLY posted your available times; was that so hard since you could've avoided all this by not throwing a tantrum?! LOL

Peace and love to you as well. Moving on  
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).

tan·trum

[tan-truhm]

noun
a violent demonstration of rage or frustration; a sudden burst of ill temper.

???

@killabkilledb - How will the playoffs be played are the top 4 players be twice to beat to be eliminated by the bottom 4, or cut to top 4 for a single elimination?

When I made the tournament the top 2 players were to play for the  championship.....with only 8 players a 50% playoff field seems kind of generous....but we can change it if everyone wants....I'm flexible and I am enjoying this tournament so I am cool with whatever...

I am new to this kind of stuff so if there is a better way to do a playoffs in a league I am all ears...

I think to make it more interesting a cut to top 4 with the top 2 having twice to beat matches against their opponent can be exciting. Example:
1vs4 with 4 having to beat 1 in two matches to get to the finals while 1 only needs to win one match.

deck counts can reset back to zero at the start of the playoffs since a max of 9 games will be played if it stretches to 3 matches.

finals deck counts won't reset so you have to really make all your deck choices count in the playoffs, to make it more challenging.

what do you guys think?

Shin Hitokiri defeats Mobius (I Abuse Welfare) 2-0

Game 1 OD vs MS

Game 2 SS vs ED

Good round and matches; good luck in the rest of the tourney.        
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
mobius lost to Shin Hitokiri 2 - 0

Game 1: Mindstorms (me) vs. Obedient Dead
Your usual removal removal removal bomb game. Riveting.

Game 2: Exalted Darkness (me) vs. Sepulcharal Strength
Again, your usual Troll Ascetic + Rancor into Pernicous Deed plus additonal removal game.

Bravo.
Challonge and OP updated. We are all complete through round 4 of 7 with a few extra games done.....good luck the rest of the way...
killabkilledb 2-0 over psmoore

He killed me quick both games.  I played CL and he played AS in game 1, and I played GM in game 2 I know his game two was PI. 

He lost connection in game 2, but had an 10/10 hexproof on the board and I had jack crap so I just conceded that game.

Game 1 he had one creature with every dang enchantment on it, so I could do nothing even with a Serra Avatar at 48/48.. UGH  Conceded game 1 also.

Good games.        
killabkilledb 2-0 over psmoore

He killed me quick both games.  I played CL and he played AS in game 1, and I played GM in game 2 I know his game two was PI. 

He lost connection in game 2, but had an 10/10 hexproof on the board and I had jack crap so I just conceded that game.

Game 1 he had one creature with every dang enchantment on it, so I could do nothing even with a Serra Avatar at 48/48.. UGH  Conceded game 1 also.

Good games.        

Game two was not over dude, I would like to replay it. Game two I did the "screenshot" error where I didn't press both buttons fast enough and exited out of the program. Sometimes when I do that it kicks me from the game.

But you had a deathtouh creature on board so my Dungroe Elder with blanchwood armor was stalled. Likewise, you flashed a wrecking ball the turn before so my Master of the wild hunt was dead...I actually thought I had enough mana to cast the MofWH and use the Ulvenwald tracker to kill your 1/1 deathtouh in the same turn...I miscounted and your wrecking ball kills the wolf next turn....but if I draw a creature next turn I can ulvenwald your deathtouch and swing....but the game was far from over...
This was the board....

IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/922a2deb759cd66a64f3d4bee3addf45.jpg)

and honestly, I replayed miguel a game over where stasticially, I win the game 10/11 times the next turn....I was +90% favored to win that game but due to an error on his last turn I replayed it...if he had not had the error, he had a 4 in 44 shot of surviving my next turn...this game was much loser than that...and too early..

You had two blockers on the board, though my lightning greaves next turn on the tracker next turn was going to be BIG BIG trouble for you next turn. I should have played it that turn but like I said, I miscounted my mana...
trying to reconnect now
trying to reconnect now

I'll give you some tips after our match about where you went wrong game 1
mobius lost to Shin Hitokiri 2 - 0

Game 1: Mindstorms (me) vs. Obedient Dead
Your usual removal removal removal bomb game. Riveting.

Game 2: Exalted Darkness (me) vs. Sepulcharal Strength
Again, your usual Troll Ascetic + Rancor into Pernicous Deed plus additonal removal game.

Bravo.

Mobius, I'm curious about something.  Why is it Shin says "Good round and matches; good luck in the rest of the tourney." while you say what you said above in the section I quoted?  Shin would say what he said whether he won or lost; I know this because I've seen it while yours is sarcastic and sounds like a sore loser.

I recommend you lighten up and relax; it's just a game. 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
You sooo had that third game won. If you sacced your creature that destroys artifacts/enchantments and killed my pernicious deed all your 6 mana drops live and I am toast. Instead you put fists of the iron wood on it. Other than that I thought you played round 3 well. You missed one swing other than that.

Game 1 you had to use CL and I purposefully chose AS for a good game. Your lifegain, aggro ability, 3 solemn offerings and well of lost dreams and 2x day make for a good game...

You missed a couple of swings but I had Pariah + Indestructibility and a few other things on a Hexproof geist.

The only way for you to kill me is to detroy the pariah/indestructibility combo with a Solemn offering. That or playing a felidar sovereign post 40 life...

We were both just growing in life...you had a like a 9/7 enchanted ascendant and a 50/50 serra avatar.... and I had my indestructible lifelinker with pariah.......

You needed to hold out a little longer as statistically, I think you have more win conditions than me.

Once you cast day of judgment though you gave me the game. That won't kill a creature with indestructibility on it.

If you ever run into that again you need to use a solemn offering on the pariah/indestructibility enchantments and you can win.

I took a late hand because I had a winds of rath and your divine favor just completely foiled my initial plans....
After a wild three games, Killa defeats Reptyle 2-1

Game 1   Aura Servants defeats Celestial Light
Game 2  Grinning Malice defeats Pack Instinct
Game 3 Sepulchural Strength barely nudges out Collective Might and should have lost...
@Lanceypoo

I'm perfectly relaxed. That's how the games went. Do you want me to just throw disingenuous "good games" out there when they weren't very interactive games of Magic, "just because"?

He won, I lost, plain and simple.

I guess you could fault me for not wishing him luck in the rest of the tournament. That's a bad ommission on my part. Sorry. Good luck in the rest of the tourney Shin Hitokiri.

If they were good games, then most of the time I would take the time to write up some flowery report describing the match, as maybe you've seen before. But they weren't particularly good or interesting games. This isn't little league, coach. You're the one who needs to lighten up and relax. It's not like I attacked him after the match or anything. He stomped me. What do you want from me?

A blase' post-match report is not the same as whining about "wahhhh, this deck is cheap" or "wahhhhh, he had such good draws".

Everyone's different pal.

<3
1.  You have no idea what my state of mind is when I'm writing these posts.

2.  It's completely unnecessary for you to be so condscending towards other posters.  I was primarily asking you a question out of curiosity.  If the comment referencing being a sore loser is out of place, then I apologize.    
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
1. Yet, you have insight into my state of mind?

?????????

Anyways, apologies all around. Beef squashed. Moving on!
Challenge and OP Updated.

Shin, we are up next...I am sending you a game center friend request...
1. Yet, you have insight into my state of mind?

?????????

Anyways, apologies all around. Beef squashed. Moving on!

I'm not the one who made sarcastic comments such as "Riveting" and "Bravo".  This indicated the possibility of you being unhappy with how it turned out.  If that's you in a relaxed state of mind, then awesome.  As you say...moving on.  You can have the last word after this one if you want; I won't post again.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
I guess I should have added exclamation marks after "Riveting!" and "Bravo!". Would that have made it better?

ANYWAYS:

mobius defeats reptyle 2 - 0

Game 1: Sepulchral Strength (me) vs. Goblin Gangland
Seeing as how he had access to Goblins, this seemed like the safest bet as far as deck choices go. This game actually went very long as there were numerous Greater Good shenanigans to dig me into the bottomless removal SS has. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever cast a Go for the Throat on a 1/1 Goblin token so I could hit a Chancellor of the Forge with a Consuming Vapors for the 5 life.

Game 2: Peacekeepers (me) vs. Grinning Malice
On the draw, I felt a hand of 4 Plains, double Fiend Hunter and Oblivion Ring could hold down the fort against any of the 4 decks he had access too (especially since there aren't many ETB triggers that you can get punished for with a removed Fiend Hunter. This game also went a bit over the median time as I played pecking/defense with some Squadron Hawks and an Intrepid Hero was holding down the fort. I also had a bit of insurance with a Fiend Hunter on a Reanimated Fiend Hunter, just in case any ground monsters showed up. Eventually, the O.G. Oblivion Ring cleared a Kavirek, the Merciless out of the way to let Captain of the Watch and the gang in for lethal.

Good games reptyle, and good luck in the rest of the tournament. If you have any questions about the matches or decks, feel free to PM me. I don't know if I'm ever going to get my post-DLC guide up, for fear of having it locked down as a "duplicate thread".
I guess I should have added exclamation marks after "Riveting!" and "Bravo!". Would that have made it better?

ANYWAYS:

mobius defeats reptyle 2 - 0

Game 1: Sepulchral Strength (me) vs. Goblin Gangland
Seeing as how he had access to Goblins, this seemed like the safest bet as far as deck choices go. This game actually went very long as there were numerous Greater Good shenanigans to dig me into the bottomless removal SS has. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever cast a Go for the Throat on a 1/1 Goblin token so I could hit a Chancellor of the Forge with a Consuming Vapors for the 5 life.

Game 2: Peacekeepers (me) vs. Grinning Malice
On the draw, I felt a hand of 4 Plains, double Fiend Hunter and Oblivion Ring could hold down the fort against any of the 4 decks he had access too (especially since there aren't many ETB triggers that you can get punished for with a removed Fiend Hunter. This game also went a bit over the median time as I played pecking/defense with some Squadron Hawks and an Intrepid Hero was holding down the fort. I also had a bit of insurance with a Fiend Hunter on a Reanimated Fiend Hunter, just in case any ground monsters showed up. Eventually, the O.G. Oblivion Ring cleared a Kavirek, the Merciless out of the way to let Captain of the Watch and the gang in for lethal.

Good games reptyle, and good luck in the rest of the tournament. If you have any questions about the matches or decks, feel free to PM me. I don't know if I'm ever going to get my post-DLC guide up, for fear of having it locked down as a "duplicate thread".

LOL Don't make me report you for untidying the forum :p

Put it up, if it gets locked I'll put your writeup in the first post of the one I made!

Its like posting in Nazi Germany here....I doubt anyone will complain about your duplicate though. Some people just don't like me here and go out of their way to try to inconvenience me.

@Killa:  Thanks for posting to setup the match, I am already currently exchanging PMs with Squinter as he is my next opponent and are trying to get the match in either late tonight or tomorrow early morning. I will co-ordinate with you once I finish the match with him.

Since Mobius finds everything so unintresting I will write a longer recap since unless you're playing burn, any blue, or aggro, then removal followed by creature is the general strategy for every deck Undecided:

Game 1:  Was lost in the deck manager as the Mindstorms build played by Mr. Chickenstrips featured a ton of Wee Dragonauts instead of heavy counter/burn which played right into OD's strategy as he was tapped out most of the match casting the Wees and a Mire's Toll took his Act of Treason.

Game 2: Even with a mulligan to 5 for me, Exhalted had nothing to do against the troll but be aggressive with the same strategy which is correct. A Prenicious Deed destroyed his 2 Black Knights and 2 Rings of Xand which left him with just 1 knight after regening and exposing ED biggest weakness which is defense if it gets behind. Mobius still had a very good hand as he played two consecutive deathbringer leiges which killed my Yavemia's Elder and left him with 2 5/6 creatures for blocking and me in a bad state with less cards and only the troll for weaker board position. Mobius fails to acknowledge he then makes a mistake as I attack with my Troll (5/3 trample) and he decides to block it with just 1 Leige. While I did not have removal to push the entire 5 dmg through by killing the Leige in response...I did have a Consume Stregth which allowed me to perfectly get 3 points in of trample damage. I do personally find that intresting but that's just me. Undecided
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Yeah, I played such a terrible build of Minstorms because that deck is so favored against Obedient Dead. I played a Wee Dragonaut. Innocent Blood. I played a Dominus of Fealty. Murder. I crap out a Gelectrode and another Dragonaut, because hell, why not? Fume Spitter + Massacre Wurm. I kill your Wurm with a Steamcore Weird and an Arc Lightning. You play a Griselbrand. Yeah dude, you absolutely crushed my inferior build. I'm sure your magic heavy counter/burn build would have just done so much better, because obviously, I don't run any counter or burn in that deck.

You're right, I could have double-blocked with the Lieges, obviously going to lose one, because why would you swing otherwise, and then top-decking into what exactly? Another dead removal spell (I had an Unmake just chilling in my hand, which works great against Hexproof, obvs)? I guess I could have ripped in to a Divinity of Pride and prayed to Ganesh that you have no more removal, so yeah, you're right on that account. Not very likely though. Aggro-ED's biggest problem is defense, yeah, not my build though. My build's biggest problem is Hexproof. Also, you mulliganed to six.

Great analysis brah.

Challonge and OP fully updated....this one is nearing completion and in good time since kicked off on the 25th!
Oh I'm sure hexproof is the only weakness against your great build and your ED has amazing immunity from Sweepers which is what really beat you and not the hexproof. Great analysis brah
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Per your expert post-match analysis, I seemed to recover quite well from your sweeper. I just had no answer for your Troll, who, I believe, did the full 20. Nice counterpoint brah.

(feel free to tell me what beats your 5/2 trampling regenerating hexproof troll in Exalted Darkness, outside of a creature (with sufficient toughness) equipped with a Ring of Xathrid or Sigil of Distinction for a bunch, or a lieged-up Divinity of Pride, or if I ever get lucky enough to swing with a Nefarox and Troll is your only creature, as you're obviously some kind of Duels savant)

People who consistently win with Obedient Dead and Sepulchral Strength: Think they're so skilled and great at Magic
Actually you have NO IDEA what I normally play Mobius, which makes your comment hillarious, especially since I barely play those decks LMAO. You also apparently have no idea how good I am to say that I suck only having played me once on the iPad. (I wonder if you're the same gamertag that used to run double jace or liliana in 2012 on the 360, who I regularly beat with my partner in 2hg)

You're a good player who is in a very good position to win this tournament (along with Miguel and Lawsy) and I even said in my recap you played a good hand with ED. You also have a very good understanding of the game and I have never criticized your abillity to do so. It's your failure to hardly say anything mature or respectful towards other people because of your sense of entitlement that fuels my critique. This is when you have no substancial or reasonable argument since it doesn't relate to the game and just your pride; which make your comments more immature and silly.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Here's what I think the problem is. You (maybe) and your pal Lancel (definitely) are, for whatever reason, perturbed that I posted a real droll account of our games and didn't say "good games" or something to that effect at the end. Why do you guys care so much? Did I send you any hate mail afterwards? I didn't say good game because they weren't good games. I got destroyed in some fairly non-interactive games of Magic. It happens quite frequently. I'm terrible at this game.

Did I make any claims to what you actually play, or to your skill level? Did I say you sucked? No I did not. You're the one trying to give analysis on my decks ("shoulda played counter/burn version of Mindstorms" "ED isn't built to recover from sweepers") If you somehow took my little words as personal attacks against you, well, that's between you and your therapist (there you go, that's what it looks like when someone takes a potshot specifically at you). Then you gotta add in all this nonsense about 2HG (I hardly ever play 2HG (I played probably once or twice on all three versions for the achievements) because, in my personal experience, it takes people forever to make a decision...I find it maddenly boring/frustrating).

Then, after all that, you try to high-road me in the last paragraph. Nice smokescreen dude, even though, truly,  I graciously accept your compliments.

Anyways, you won. I can't possibly fathom what you want from me. I know what I want from you though. I just want to know what your name means.
Hey Killa, I'm still trying to get the game done with Squinter, but hopefully we can work it out to finish today or tomorrow since our schedules and timezones are a bit different.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I agree, it's the removal meta.  Creatures have super high numbers, but are at their weakest now (unless they have super strong effects).  Sorta like spells with bodies again!

I read some of this, and I love the Mobius and ShinHitokiri effects! www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJvPjelxxj0&nbsp... It was an amazing read, outstanding!

Can you guys play more games of magic together?
What a joke Game Centre is. Spent the last 30 min trying to connect with Shin. Restarted Magic, restarted iPad, I invite, he invite, I stay out of the main menu. All the same results - it connects but then nothing happens and goes back to main menu sigh
What a joke Game Centre is. Spent the last 30 min trying to connect with Shin. Restarted Magic, restarted iPad, I invite, he invite, I stay out of the main menu. All the same results - it connects but then nothing happens and goes back to main menu sigh

Squinter defeats Shin 2-0 

Game 1 - AW vs SS - Rancoring early aggro creatures combined with Malestrom Pulse for Eratic Portal and then plenty of removal dictated a game he controlled from the beginning.

Game 2 - GG vs MS - No Arc Lightnings or Electrolizes meant as long as he had a very aggressive hand he would have game in hand. And a Goblin Guide to Krenko tokens to Chieftain to Grenade made sure of it. 

Good games Squinter You controlled the match early with aggro and never let me get the breathing room to control. Good luck in the rest of the tourney!  
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Squinter beats ShinHitokiri 2:0

Decks:
Squinter - SS, GG
Shin - AW, MS

Game 1 - SS vs AW
SS was the only deck I could think of to counter his AW: removal + heavy hitters. Luckily for me, I drew pretty much every removal in the deck. I got a few free hits in with Scute Mob + Rancor with the only creature out for him being Taunting Elf until turn 5. Turn 4 saw an Erratic Portal and turn 5 a Thragtusk, so I knew I had to get rid of the Portal with a Maelstrom Pulse. At this point I was chunking him quite a bit with a Viridian Emissary and Yavimaya Elder with a Diabolic Edict thrown in there too. He was able to stall a turn with Beast Within on his own land till he got out a Pelakka Wurm which I removed with Go for the Throat

Then came the Elderscale Wurm but a lucky draw from sacrificing my Yavimaya Elder netted me another Go for the Throat before I swung in with an 18/18 Lord of Extinction and 9/9 Scute Mob.

Game 2 - GG vs MS
Knew MS was coming to counter the Goblins but I got a fantastic opening hand that really put the aggresion on before he could start burning them. Goblin Guide into Krenko's Command into Goblin Chieftain was stopped before it could finish him by a Gelectrode into Volcanic Geyser. But with him down to 7 life and a Goblin Grenade in hand, all I had to do was swing with my guide and remaining goblin to win. I still had Ember Hauler, Seige-Gang Commander and Voracious Dragon just in case the direct damage wasn't enough :P
Pretty much nothing you can do against that....

Good games man. Glad we finally got to play!
Hey Killa, I will be home today after 8:30 pm ET.  We can attempt to do the matches after that time depending on your schedule as long as I've got hold of the iPad. If not I will attempt to co-ordinate later. Looking forward to just my second match of the tourney without seeing SS LOL.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Challenge and OP updated....

Everyone has completed the equivalent of at least five rounds so we are almost there...

Shin, I should be home tonight and available around those times...
Challenge and OP updated....

Everyone has completed the equivalent of at least five rounds so we are almost there...

Shin, I should be home tonight and available around those times...

Cool man, till then.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I just got settled in, working on dinner now...I can play right now but its a bit hecktic as I am cooking and doing a couple of things. From 9pm on I will be in my chair wathcing tv/playing ps3 and I'll keeo the ipad there. Invite me if the wife lets you use the ipad tonight