DotP Ipad Tourny #4 --- THE DLC VERSION

282 posts / 0 new
Last post
One more thing from the last round with killa.

In this moment 3:38 i must be attack with my Augustin with no fear and solve some decisions in the next turn. =)

youtu.be/t8A9oXRoKZE?t=3m38s
Final Fantasy VII Sign By Miguel_Exe, =33
@shin hitokiri I'm available to play the rest of the day and tom.

i also think that the tournament pace is just right. Two matches per week is realistic in iPad since you can't see if someone is online or not unlike in Steam. 

@Lawsy..been sending you invites for about an hour and a bit...will be playing the Steam 2hg tourney soon but will keep trying to get to you.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).

i also think that the tournament pace is just right. Two matches per week is realistic in iPad since you can't see if someone is online or not unlike in Steam. 

@Lawsy..been sending you invites for about an hour and a bit...will be playing the Steam 2hg tourney soon but will keep trying to get to you.

Was eating dinner when I got it but I'm ready now if your still ok

Was eating dinner when I got it but I'm ready now if your still ok

Hey Lawsy, I just finished the 2hg tourney a little while ago and the wife is on the iPad watching Netflix so we will have to play the matches tomorrow. We'll try again then Nite
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).

Round 3 is all finished except for Shin/Mobius...but w have effectively played 3/7 rounds since Mobius and Schwab played one game out of order....so things are progressing well I think...

Challonge and OP have been updated...

Squinter, you and I are up next and I know your using Grinning Malice first round and I am using Mindstorms second round....

Let me know some times you are available to play. Friday before 2pm or after 10pm eastern works for me....pretty much the same Saturday...
Shin Hitokiri defeats Lawsy2003 2-1

Game 1: MS vs CL  (lawsy wins)
Lawsy went first and had an aggro hand of knight of meadowgrain, soul warden, and then pridemate.  I was always 1 turn behind from being able to kill the pridemate with volcanic geiser and then prophetic bolt which allowed him to aggro in for the win.

Game 2: CW vs AS (Shin wins)
Too many drakes after a wrath was canceled.          

Game 3:  SS vs GM (Shin wins)
Was down to 1 life after not going first for the third straight game and lawsy keeping up the aggro pressure, but was finally able to stabilize the board and get him down to 5 life before he could reanimate his Demigod of Revenge for a killing swing which ended up killing him instead. 

Great Round Lawsy Good luck the rest of the way
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Shin Hitokiri defeats Lawsy2003 2-1

Game 1: MS vs CL  (lawsy wins)
Lawsy went first and had an aggro hand of knight of meadowgrain, soul warden, and then pridemate.  I was always 1 turn behind from being able to kill the pridemate with volcanic geiser and then prophetic bolt which allowed him to aggro in for the win.

Game 2: CW vs AS (Shin wins)
Too many drakes after a wrath was canceled.          

Game 3:  SS vs GM (Shin wins)
Was down to 1 life after not going first for the third straight game and lawsy keeping up the aggro pressure, but was finally able to stabilize the board and get him down to 5 life before he could reanimate his Demigod of Revenge for a killing swing which ended up killing him instead. 

Great Round Lawsy Good luck the rest of the way

Game 3 was a killer for me, I got stuck with five lands for 4 turns having massacre warm in hand and needed 4 damage to win ( even 1 damage at 1 point). GG and well played shin hitokiri.
@schwabadoobie I'm free to play all day today and tom.
Challonge and OP updated!
Je suis preparé pour nous jou, Reptyle :D

I'm ready for our game, Reptyle :D
I am in and out but will keep an eye on thepad for requests.
I am in and out but will keep an eye on thepad for requests.

Im inviting you, u use dlc first
Match complete.

I won the first duel unexpectedly using Goblins and he  Mindstorm, I already had given the duel almost for lost but I played in an indicated way that I finished winning it. It is sure that you want  to see how I give the turn to my opponent in this duel.:D

I Won the second duel using SS and he AW. Truly i have an almost perfect mana flow and with this was not difficult.

I'm uploading the videoes if you wanna watching.

Good Games, Reptyle, a lot of luck in what it remains of the tourny!
Killabkilled beats Squinter 2-0

I used my control blue build as a challenge against Grinning Malice....I've had no success agains this deck in the past with it....still not sure how I won...Game two I was forced to use Mindstorms and he had gobblins or PI left and I just went flier heavy since PI can't really deal with them. Just a dream draw...I have screen caps uploading now so I will post them...

I was lucky he had a demonic tutor in his graveyard game one....I was just going crazy with it, my chancellors grabbed another chancellor, I cast one and used the tutor again, then I cloned him and used the tutor for a mind control since I knew a demigod was coming eventually... had a body double to bring the chancellor back too...I was bless with absurd amounts of stall in the beginning of the game...though generally that how I play this deck....I had zero mill going on...

GG dude...
lawsy2003 (2) vs schwabadoobie (0)

Game 1 - CM (1) vs CW (0) It was tokens vs tokens deck. I started of aggressive and bringing him to 9 life but I got stuck to 3 lands so he was able to come back with a lot of token flyers. It was a stalemate up until I got my fourth land. I knew he had time warp next turn and with 5 flyers I would die next turn, so I attack with all and used my creature with indestructible to have my creatures live for one more attack next turn for the win and him losing some flyers which would negate his time warp to give the killing blow.

Game 2 - GG (1) vs SS (0) I guess I got lucky as he was stuck on 3 forests all game as may goblins kept on attacking for the win.

Good Games schwabadoobie. 
Mobius sent me a friend req on Thurs. night and I sent him invites throughout the day but no game was played. I will try again tomorrow sporadically throughout the day.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Game 1: My self-proclaimed legendary Dream Puppets Control Build vs Squinter's Grinning Malice...

I don't have any early mill or way of pumping phantasms but I have ample land a couple control cards and I play a visions of beyond turn 1 (see the graveyard)...now I have 3 control cards...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/f6ddad80bc33928e9fe19a91549af432.jpg)

Turn two I drop a land and do nothing, he drops a goblin death raider...and on turn 3 I drop a land and do nothing until his turn where I Cast Crippling Chill on the death raider... I have a counter and some good control/stall cards but no concievable way of doing damage...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/c72dce435298220966e0a40e991ef83b.jpg)

He gets a Gouger out, I dream fracture a Liege and plan on unsummoning his Gouger before it can do damage...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/45642a08ee0bdedf499ce8682864ddaf.jpg)

I actually miss a few screencaps because I got pretty into the game and forgot to do it but note I used both my into the roils and took a few hits over two turns... I cast a Chancellor and use his demonic tutor to grab another chancellor (I have a body double in case he terminates it as well) he doesn't and I clone it and use his Demonic tutor again to grab another clone to make another chancellor.... Eventually I grab a mind control because I know a demigod is coming...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/4080f203998bc1fd86de9dda4becba8d.jpg)

All said and done I have 3 chancellors on the board, a body double in my hand and another chancellor and a mind cotnrol
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/d17824d500478e514022b7114614e3c3.jpg)

I block one of his swings just because I am not 100% conscious of all the cards yet in the new decks, not sure if he had a pump, I think I was thinking he could have a Schismotivate and could kill me if I didn't block so I sacced a chancellor to his death touch.. this was a mistake, that card is in mindstorms.. and there are NO NO NO pumps in GM so I almost cost myself the game....

Anyways, he casts a demigod, I mind control it and swing in for 15 for the win... I am glad I grabbed the mind control with the last tutor...

In all honesty, without the chancellor///tutor combo I think I get steam-rolled this game...probably 20 to 0.

IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/ad6f1dfe3ff8d148fb7d681d23bb411e.jpg)

@Miguel exe, I can play right now and tom night. I use dlc first.
@Miguel exe, I can play right now and tom night. I use dlc first.

Im really tired. see you tomorrow at night.
Second game I am usin Mindstorms and he has Goblins and Pack Instinct available....I go with a flier mindstorm build (4x Wee, etc and remove lots of cards I normally run) because PI can't deal with them and I need some early blockers if its goblins.

Anyway, first hand I got rid of despite having two timewarps...I don't think I'd live to benefit from them if its goblins
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/9657aa3cee1bba7d06c2a06b8a6c8d64.jpg)

This hand has 6 land and a Sphink, again, way too slow to face Pack Instinct and is just surrendering to goblins before we start...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/e9b0bdd22f219ac8f87af08778280810.jpg)

So I mulligan to 6 and I go first.... this hand will work and thank goodness there is a Compulsive research in there and some fliers...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/b42b4db6e0fe30fdc85a2643cab5c285.jpg)

So anyways, nothing happens until turn 3 where I play a compulsive research (see graveyard) and draw a land and an evolving wilds. I ditch the wild and now have enough land for a turn 5 spellbound dragon...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/4e178e7a34325f3b495a7ca3501ef6c8.jpg)

I'm actually HOPING to myself he is mana ramping and plays a Cultivate turn three and he does!!! I want that extra turn of stall even though the extra land helps him down the road...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/da84e5a8ac2f83d833d09e483490cfa7.jpg)

I do nothign turn 4 but on his turn I mana leak his Chameleon Colossus
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/ee4a35a7fbcbc0a52c9c7533ced01d2d.jpg)

Now I play a land and my dragon turn 5 and I am feeling good at this point because I know the dragon will pump heavy based on my hand...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/9ee4cd1e88c0ee094f75f49f432b8668.jpg)

He plays a Spider with reach but notice my hand, a Manticore and now an Act of treason.. I pretty much feel I have the game in the bag now...
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/eafa37fa74425d142906ed49d0e8eee5.jpg)

So I use the manticore to snatch the spider and swing (draw and throw away a 4 mana wand to pump the dragon) and he doesn't block (I think that was a mistake) and I get in for 11
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/448beb78a2927256e799e8054cae45c8.jpg)

Now I obviously cast Act of treason on the spider next turn:
IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/e3ea6e845f4ae96d893377280559e42d.jpg)

And then swing for the win discarding a spellbound dragon to pump the spellbound on the battlefield...

IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/magictoruny/f58aaf28f19d818d69412af39f118447.jpg)

Even if he blocked the turn before he still would have died this turn so it didnt impact the game...

GG's man. Very frustrating defeats haha. Shouldn't have played that Colossus knowing you could have had a Mana Leak. Not much else I could have done both games, except maybe Tutor a different card instead of the Demigod game 1. But no way of knowing.
GG's man. Very frustrating defeats haha. Shouldn't have played that Colossus knowing you could have had a Mana Leak. Not much else I could have done both games, except maybe Tutor a different card instead of the Demigod game 1. But no way of knowing.

The crazy thing is you gotta play the tutor because its a beast of a card but if you don't play it, I have no chance whatsoever...It just allowed me to choose any three cards I wanted from my deck in a row.....I got good draws both games....Lots of luck involved in this win...
Challonge and OP Updated....

Miguel is out to a 4-0 start and Mobius is right behind at 3-0....

In case of a tie-breaker... it goes Game Set wins and if that is tied then total points in games for the tiebreaker...If that is a tie then we have a playoff with whatever decks the opponents have....

In the finals, where #1 plays #2,  should we open the decks back up or wherever the participants stand, they stand? I think they should have a fresh deck set so each person chooses their best deck of the five each game...but we can vote on it...
Here my first duel with reptyle:

First I comment how I prefer to use the goblin's deck. I comment that he have to been use Mindstorm has advantage on the goblins since it has many cars for kill the goblins easily, but of equal way I comment that the deck they made it a bit slow thinking that it is a deck of demange.

Taking advantage that I will put my  Warren Instigator since the Mindstorm will occupy 3 of mana to kill my goblins at the time the surest thing it is that i will  have the opportunity to attack with Warren Instigator and to put two more. Then it uses Arc Lightning and gives him a great advantage killing three of my goblins, but I believe that he will necessary to kill my Goblin Piledriver because has blue protection. You will see for what.

Again it has opportunity to kill with Arc Lightning  my Goblin Piledriver  but it didn't do it, I suppose he thinks that if he dont leave me to have more goblins it will not be a problem.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />I recommend to attack before cast any speel until we need them before, then I explain what is the protection with blue in the video.

Then I comment how to take advantage of my Gempalm Incinerator to kill his criature and draw a card. While I go draining little by little his lifes.

I comment that Rage Reflection always I have debated myself if to leave or not in the deck since right now for example that alone I have just my Goblin Piledriver does not help me. Then just draw and draw lands and comment that I am having bad luck and giving almost the duel lost.

I place the Rage Reflection to leave it in 6 lives and comment that it would be perfect if i draw the Goblin Chieftain. He uses Insurrection only to steal one criature and I comment that it was a waste, but I suppose that he wants drain rapidly my lifes.

Will I be a fortune-teller? In my following turn i draw the Goblin Chieftain . And with it I won the duel. Finally I never recommend in the video to leave before the duels, and remain until the end so since we saw in this one, a card can make the difference n_n
Match with lawsey complete. I have troubles with mana in the three games

I won the first duel with celestial deal, i had only two land and no draw more in few turns but i can deal with it.

I loose the second duel using auras, he use ED. Same problem, i had onle two lands and two mind controls in my hand what dont help me because ha had the thing what make unbleckeable and phroud their creatures

I loose the third duel using the red/black deck, i had problems with mana but in this game a draw a lot of it. And i dont think too much about him mana leaks.

Anyways, very well played! :D
lawsy2003(2) vs miguel_exe(1)

Game1 SS(0) vs CL(1)
I made a lot of bad moves with this game, I cast my vulture zombie and I have a troll with rancor in play, he had four lands and not dropping any creatures meaning he was setting up for a day of judgement. next turn he cast it and all my creatures were gone. After that he cast a baneslayer angel forcing me to cast damnation. I cast two lord of extinction which he put two recumbent bliss and from there I wasn't able to recover until he cast a Serra avatar with a basilisk artifiact, which I can't find an answer.

Game 2 ED(1) vs AS(0)
This game is all about my creature with whisper silk cloak attacking for the win

Game 3 MS(1) vs GM(0)
Again I was forced to use MS but this time I got the deck all unlocked so at least I had a fighting chance. I kept pouring direct damage to him until I can get my spellbound dragon and sphinx with time warp for the win.

Good Games miguel_exe
@killabkilledb - How will the playoffs be played are the top 4 players be twice to beat to be eliminated by the bottom 4, or cut to top 4 for a single elimination?
@killabkilledb - How will the playoffs be played are the top 4 players be twice to beat to be eliminated by the bottom 4, or cut to top 4 for a single elimination?

When I made the tournament the top 2 players were to play for the  championship.....with only 8 players a 50% playoff field seems kind of generous....but we can change it if everyone wants....I'm flexible and I am enjoying this tournament so I am cool with whatever...

I am new to this kind of stuff so if there is a better way to do a playoffs in a league I am all ears...

update the OP please
I think Miguel posted the game with me as a "what NOT to do".. LOL 

Challenge and OP updated....
I've been trying to get a hold of Shin Hitokiri for the past 3 days at "reasonable hours" to no avail. I even got two "denied" messages. Soooo, to alleviate my boredom, who wants to get a tourney game in? I don't care who it is. Just know that my first DLC game I HAVE to pick Mindstorms, so come on down and get your free win.
Mindstorms is kind of growing on me.....a lot actually...
I've been trying to get a hold of Shin Hitokiri for the past 3 days at "reasonable hours" to no avail. I even got two "denied" messages. Soooo, to alleviate my boredom, who wants to get a tourney game in? I don't care who it is. Just know that my first DLC game I HAVE to pick Mindstorms, so come on down and get your free win.

Actually since I've been trying to get a hold of you as well I really doubt that there Mobius. The denied messages you get is when you send them after 10:30 my time and my wife has the iPad so get yourself straight. Why not do the mature and grown thing and make a message here about available hours for you and others can respond to the same since it's the weekend and people have lives other than Magic.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
If you're here, send the invite instead of griping on the boards.
If you're here, send the invite instead of griping on the boards.

Not available for iPad play now but tomorrow is good for me in the evening after 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time to about 9:30 p.m. Eastern. Past that I'm not available. Considering this is the first time you've posted to even attempt what is the most immature and self-important attempt to setup a match even though I finished my round 2 match like the second day you can just keep playing with yourself for a while.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
This coming from the guy who went out of his way to play his round 4 match (lawsy) instead of his round 3 match (me).
This coming from the guy who went out of his way to play his round 4 match (lawsy) instead of his round 3 match (me).

Uhm lawsy contacted me on the forums and sent a friend req long before you...nobody is avoiding your ego except you. Check yourself and what you failed to do which is setup times on the forums instead of keeping digging yourself a hole you're not gonna get out of since you're wrong by not doing that. Enjoy.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Let's play: Who Gets the Last Word

Every since YOU sent me a friend request, I've been sending you invites every day, and not at, like, 10:30PM, as you so claim. I'll check myself when you check your watch.
On that note: ANY TAKERS?

I'm stuck with Mindstorms this round. Come beat me!