DotP Ipad Tourny #4 --- THE DLC VERSION

282 posts / 0 new
Last post
I think that we should do rematch. More than anything by my duel with Od. Two consecutive shifts I used my shadow effect and the game Olympic ignored me. Even though you had put your Crown in your criature. If my two shadows had deal indicated damage, then it would have won the duel with the card of corrumpcion that I draw next turn...

In this last would use that letter of aura to flip my multicolored creature to block tiller and the 3/3 block to your creature that has haste.

I could draw to the next turn several cards that Wold be save me because he had already emptied the deck with my wild evolving wilds a little. Now ses the other card that destroys everything that is not enchanted, either one of the two solar Titans... I would be. The buggeado game would not let me find out. -.-
Final Fantasy VII Sign By Miguel_Exe, =33
He did have outs (though Mind Control isn't really an out as the Pelakka Wurm would still be tapped and Shaman can still get in for the last 2). He could have hit a lot of things though. The aforementioned Winds of Rath. Sun Titan for Pacifism (targetting wurm). Godhead of Awe.

If I were Miguel, I would certainly want another go, as anything can happen in this game. I had a game once where all I had was a Garruk's Packleader in play, in topdeck mode, and my only out was to hit Chameleon Colossus, drawing into Lightning Greaves off Packleader's trigger. Needlessly to say, I hit and stole a win from a very angry gentleman over XBL.

In conclusion, I vote for the do-over.
Same here. You played Very good Killa but simply The game with the technical issues in the two game just shitme. :/
He did have outs (though Mind Control isn't really an out as the Pelakka Wurm would still be tapped and Shaman can still get in for the last 2). He could have hit a lot of things though. The aforementioned Winds of Rath. Sun Titan for Pacifism (targetting wurm). Godhead of Awe.

If I were Miguel, I would certainly want another go, as anything can happen in this game. I had a game once where all I had was a Garruk's Packleader in play, in topdeck mode, and my only out was to hit Chameleon Colossus, drawing into Lightning Greaves off Packleader's trigger. Needlessly to say, I hit and stole a win from a very angry gentleman over XBL.

10 out of 11 times I win next turn...4 outs out of 44 cards in his library.......

I'll replay it though only because I am running this and want to avoid controversy....

IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/4cefd41a9fad246b87322769662a0d94.jpg)

But game 1 miguel, I don't see how missing 6-7 points of a pump made me win game one...I still have 4-5 life.... you only had one more turn after that. You couldn't pump enough to kill me and use a corrupt as far as I could tell and if you did have a corrupt, why on earth did you not go for a 18 point life swing in the game the turn before I killed you but instead called out an underworld dreams? Corrupt doesn't even help you, you live an extra turn. I had lifegain on my creature....thats what saved me...

I'm inviting you for a game 2 do-over..

If others think we need to replay game one I am fine with that as well..

Like I said, I won't make decisions for games I am directly involved in to avoid complications...

10 out of 11 times I win next turn...4 outs out of 44 cards in his library.......

I'll replay it though only because I am running this and want to avoid controversy....

But game 1 miguel, I don't see how missing 6-7 points of a pump made me win game one...I still have 4-5 life.... you only had one more turn after that. You couldn't pump enough to kill me and use a corrupt as far as I could tell and if you did have a corrupt, why on earth did you not go for a 18 point life swing in the game the turn before I killed you but instead called out an underworld dreams? Corrupt doesn't even help you. I had lifegain on my creature....thats what saved me...

I'm not trying to make controversy.

In both duels there were glitches that are not a fault of any of the two, but of the creators of the game who however much the users we request that they fix them from the version 2010 are still present. On the duel one probably you does not see it well but they were two consecutive turns in that I could not use the effect of my shadow because the game simply was not doing it however much it was puncturing him... With both turns + corruption would be totally sufficient to drain your lifes.

I am totally honest. And i think we will do the entire rematch, using the same decks, of course.

But game 1 miguel, I don't see how missing 6-7 points of a pump made me win game one...I still have 4-5 life.... you only had one more turn after that. You couldn't pump enough to kill me and use a corrupt as far as I could tell and if you did have a corrupt, why on earth did you not go for a 18 point life swing in the game the turn before I killed you but instead called out an underworld dreams? Corrupt doesn't even help you. I had lifegain on my creature....thats what saved me...

In both duels there were glitches that are not a fault of any of the two, but of the creators of the game who however much the users we request that they fix them from the version 2010 are still present. On the duel one probably you does not see it well but they were two consecutive turns in that I could not use the effect of my shadow because the game simply was not doing it however much it was puncturing him... With both turns + corruption would be totally sufficient to drain your lifes.

I am totally honest.

I must have missed the other turn.  The turn before I saw it pumping but it was going up very very slowly...if you had a corrupt you should have played it anyways but whatever, lets just redo the whole thing...

I'm inviting...start with round 1 again...

you around? im restarting ipad...andi nviting, replay both rounds...

Hopefully no issues ensue...

I am totally honest.

I must have missed the other turn.  The turn before I saw it pumping but it was going up very very slowly...if you had a corrupt you should have played it anyways but whatever, lets just redo the whole thing...

I'm inviting...start with round 1 again...

Ok, i will record the whole game to order that they are not only words this time.
I restart my ipad too and now im ready to play
I restart my ipad too and now im ready to play

Are you getting the invites?
LOL Mirror match again...invite again, for some reason I cant accept invites while magic is open...
I have noticed for me that when playing someone and I try to activate an ability, you have to click the card hit "activate ability" in the lower right side, then the card moves over to the left side of the screen and you have to hit "activate ability" AGAIN!! UGH  Not sure if that's whats happening to you Miguel???

Miguel 2-0 updating challonge and op.

I could have lived last game if I beast withined your augustin instead....had an elderscale wurm in my hand but the cost was one extra so I couldn't play it without doing so. I killed the umbra instead....if you run mind control you could have eventually killed me but I knew I would have to card you to win if you weren't running mind control...Didn't really feel like playing that long...

This whole round took over 2 hours....to play 4 games....thats insane.

GG.
You can click the rigth side "acctive ability" or the text, whoever, i always stop the timer first, but the last duels simply the timer dont stop when i push it a lot of time...

Rematch deal, good games again, Killa. With not issues. I record (and comment lol) the whole game.

Miguel Exe win in the two rounds. Uploading the videos...
You can click the rigth side "acctive ability" or the text, whoever, i always stop the timer first, but the last duels simply the timer dont stop when i push it a lot of time...

Rematch deal, good games again, Killa. With not issues. I record (and comment lol) the whole game.

Do you run mind control miguel in your aura servants?

Just curious how it would have turned out if I had the patience. You would have gotten me to one life with an elderscale wurm out. Would it have been a get carded first game? Or are you running mind controls?

Just curious how it would have turned out if I had the patience. You would have gotten me to one life with an elderscale wurm out. Would it have been a get carded first game? Or are you running mind controls?

I have in the deck two. But it did not have it in the hand. But BELIEVE ME. You did the correct thing on having taken the Aura from my Geist. Because with it you prevented it from putting my crown and use the god's wrath aura's version ;) the videos are uploading... In order that you see the panorama and that you played since you had to. n_n (Probably in the first duel slightly slow  waiting for my creatures to use the god's wrath aura's version)

I have in the deck two. But it did not have it in the hand. But BELIEVE ME. You did the correct thing on having taken the Aura from my Geist. Because with it you prevented it from putting my crown and use the god's wrath aura's version ;) the videos are uploading... In order that you see the panorama and that you played since you had to. n_n (Probably in the first duel slightly slow  waiting for my creatures to use the god's wrath aura's version)

Actually, I died by doing that. Even with the coronet I am still blocking it so the damage isn't getting through.

The only thing that gets through that turn is the 4/4 created by the attacking geist.....I just didn't want to play the card game so I let it go...

I should also have just pacified the titan and took the hits from the wolves and saved the winds of rath for a few turns. That was my mistake game 1. Game two, I could have stalled until you got a mind control and even if you did I could have beast withined it and set up a bounce card draw machine with yeva....I was just fatigued and it was a long shot either way...

Actually, I died by doing that. Even with the coronet I am still blocking it so the damage isn't getting through.

The only thing that gets through that turn is the 4/4 created by the attacking geist.....I just didn't want to play the card game so I let it go...

Im watching the video and you say will be better to destroybeast my Augustin to later put the worm?
Here the first duel:

If you understand my Spanish you will be able to see that in the video I comment that was obvious that Killa was hoping that i was putting some creature to use his God's wrath Aura's version. And comment of equal way how it was the better thing to sacrifice to my Titan then it to be reborn.

Also I comment that it was not hoping that it was using the deck of Auras of such a slow way supposing that in general anyone would use it in a rapid way like the past round, i dont use in my deck the defensor criature he summond... maybe he had bad luck in their initial hand or dont wanna to make mulligan, i don't know...

Then I steal the card that was waiting then to get also the star of the deck that ultimately I did not occupy it.

Finally to gain the duel with corromtion and commenting that personally I detest when they win me with this card, so much here like in the Magic 2012 and that when I make it I seems to me to be a bit pathetic but i didnt have option if i wanted to end rapidly.:P

Comments will be well recieve :D Uploading the second round...

Im watching the video and you say will be better to destroybeast my Augustin to later put the worm?

With the worm on the board I CANNOT die.

Your combat damage will not kill me. My life total always goes back to 7.... I couldn't play the worm because your card was making me have to pay 1 extra mana but if I hit him instead of the other one I delay the game. Until you get a mind control or I pull some miraculous cards out and get a bounce build going...I think with your vigilance and life link I could put creature after creature on the board the next 10 turns and not kill your though...my only hpope would have been to try to card you.....

The video is upside down too....

You played very well both games! Good draws and good implementation of them! My draws the previous set of matches were much better!

Oh, the 7 seven criature... Anyways, i have the God Wrath Aura's version and then put my titan solar to reborn my Geist... You play very well too! Good luck the rest of tourny!

PD. The video was fixed.

I saw the video killa and there was no way that you win. If you were killing my Grand Arbiter Augustin IV instead of the Drake Umbra aura of my Geist of Saint Traft the card still would have the skill of flying for what you might not block it with or without Daybreak Coronet and he together with the Angel would have been sufficient taking from you the opportunity to obtain your following turn to put your seventh land it runs and this way to place your Elderscale Wurm. And though you had done it since you see in the video in my hand I had Winds of Rath to destroy all and then call for my Sun Titan to return to my Geist of Saint Traft . This way that as I said before you did the correct thing on having destroyed the Drake Umbra aura since this way you extended the duel the most possible thing. Excellently played. It is very difficult to win when you put Gaea's Revenge in the fourth turn. X3

Here the video of the 2nd round:

In the video I comment to the beginning how I tell to myself if to do mulligan or not... I end up by deciding that YES I will do it due to the fact that it did not have blue lands but I am ended the time and I could not do it xD (imagine the duel serious was totally different xD!!) but to the following turn it goes out for me and solves many things. Later I advise the viewers the important thing that is multicolored decks increases the flow of spring in these since they have less basic lands and it is necessary to add the Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expansefor the importance of having the mana of the just color. Then I guess that killa will put Gaea's Revenge but I do not worry as that I have advantage. Then I comment that the Winds of Rath will serve me in case of any misdeed.

Then I comment that the duel already is gained. But I surprise it extending it a bit destroying the Drake Umbra aura of my Geist of Saint Traft and doing the whole show that i mention above.

I comment that in the turn it could defeat me if he was using the Overrun card or two Giant Growth  (yes, sure)  but then I do sums and finish that even i will have 1 life to finish it in the followin turn if he had Overrun.

In the  next turn I tell to me if I attack or not to leave it in a 1 life and kill his Taunting Elf but sacrificing myGrand Arbiter Augustin IV... I think and I comment that he can draw there something to help you with that 1 life and defeat me like Vengevine or any other cards that give him life like Thragtusk, Momentous Fall, Pelakka Wurm,another Natural Order, or worse:  Elderscale Wurm (which was the one that killa comments that it had, though good equal then it might use the Winds of Rath and then to the Sun Titan) so I did the correct thing on not sacrificed my Augustin.

Finally I decide to attack only with the Geist of Saint Traft and not with all the creatures since in the video I comment that we must not be Arrogant or believed. Because  since exactly today in the evening already i had one duel lost against goblins, it had too many Goblins Tokens with the Krenko, Mob Boss and Goblin Chieftain but it attacked with all at the time one i use Safe Passage. And since it had all their creatures tapped I attack and with it I won the duel.

The comments are accepted well. Thank you! :D

Winds of Rath[card][/card]

I saw the video killa and there was no way that you win. If you were killing my Grand Arbiter Augustin IV instead of the Drake Umbra aura of my Geist of Saint Traft the card still would have the skill of flying for what you might not block it with or without Daybreak Coronet and he together with the Angel would have been sufficient taking from you the opportunity to obtain your following turn to put your seventh land it runs and this way to place your Elderscale Wurm. And though you had done it since you see in the video in my hand I had Winds of Rath to destroy all and then call for my Sun Titan to return to my Geist of Saint Traft . This way that as I said before you did the correct thing on having destroyed the Drake Umbra aura since this way you extended the duel the most possible thing. Excellently played. It is very difficult to win when you put Gaea's Revenge in the fourth turn. X3

Here the video of the 2nd round:

In the video I comment to the beginning how I tell to myself if to do mulligan or not... I end up by deciding that YES I will do it due to the fact that it did not have blue lands but I am ended the time and I could not do it xD (imagine the duel serious was totally different xD!!) but to the following turn it goes out for me and solves many things. Later I advise the viewers the important thing that is multicolored decks increases the flow of spring in these since they have less basic lands and it is necessary to add the Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expansefor the importance of having the mana of the just color. Then I guess that killa will put Gaea's Revenge but I do not worry as that I have advantage. Then I comment that the Winds of Rath will serve me in case of any misdeed.

Then I comment that the duel already is gained. But I surprise it extending it a bit destroying the Drake Umbra aura of my Geist of Saint Traft and doing the whole show that i mention above.

I comment that in the turn it could defeat me if he was using the Overrun card or two Giant Growth  (yes, sure)  but then I do sums and finish that even i will have 1 life to finish it in the followin turn if he had Overrun.

In the  next turn I tell to me if I attack or not to leave it in a 1 life and kill his Taunting Elf but sacrificing myGrand Arbiter Augustin IV... I think and I comment that he can draw there something to help you with that 1 life and defeat me like Vengevine or any other cards that give him life like Thragtusk, Momentous Fall, Pelakka Wurm,another Natural Order, or worse:  Elderscale Wurm (which was the one that killa comments that it had, though good equal then it might use the Winds of Rath and then to the Sun Titan) so I did the correct thing on not sacrificed my Augustin.

Finally I decide to attack only with the Geist of Saint Traft and not with all the creatures since in the video I comment that we must not be Arrogant or believed. Because  since exactly today in the evening already i had one duel lost against goblins, it had too many Goblins Tokens with the Krenko, Mob Boss and Goblin Chieftain but it attacked with all at the time one i use Safe Passage. And since it had all their creatures tapped I attack and with it I won the duel.

The comments are accepted well. Thank you! :D

Winds of Rath[card][/card]

Yeah, I forgot about the flying. Dead either way.

Nice videos Miguel, your decks and play skill look very good. I couldn't spot a play i would make differently.

Killa - game 2 when you use beast within, why not wait until he attacks to eat a free geist?
Nice videos Miguel, your decks and play skill look very good. I couldn't spot a play i would make differently. Killa - game 2 when you use beast within, why not wait until he attacks to eat a free geist?

You mean on my own land to block?

It was a long 4 games....I kind of lost interest...literally took 2 hours to play a tourny match .......I just wanted it to end and Sons of Anarchy was on.....never expected it to go 2 hours...

Miguel does play very well though...
Miguel, are you talking as you play in the video or do you add the voice after? I want to know what you are using idf you are doing both together???
If you wait until he declares geist as an attacker then beast within the umbra. You can block and kill the geist with gaea's revenge
Nice videos Miguel, your decks and play skill look very good. I couldn't spot a play i would make differently. Killa - game 2 when you use beast within, why not wait until he attacks to eat a free geist?

Thanks You!

Although he had killed my geist. the next turno would have equiped with my blue aura that makes only defenders can  block my criatures and my crown both my dancer or my augustin or Sun Titan  and the duel had ended the same way: D
Not that it mattered, but you did leave a potential 4 points of damage on the table.

The turn killa [wrongly] destroyed your Drake Umbra pre-combat, I would have swung with the Geist of Saint Traft anyways, getting 4 in (bringing killa to 1) with the angel token. Your post-combat Sun Titan would have brought Geist back, which, if you really want to look at it abstractly, your post-combat Sun Titan did nothing that turn when it could have done 4 damage that turn.

Again, not that it mattered, little things and all that.
Enjoying the tourney, but its just sooooo slow.  Some of us havent even played 3rd round pairings yet.  There has to be a way to speed these things up so we can pound out one every week or two.  We only have 8 players and its gonna take a month to finish it.  People seem to lose interest when it goes past a couple weeks and inevitably 1 or 2 drop out.  Maybe the next ipad tourney can be based on either 5,3 or just 1 deck per player.  Personally I'd love a simple 1 deck per player(old school style) tourney.  Even picking 3 of the 15 would be pretty nice also.
The tourney began Sept 25th...a little over a week ago and 3 rounds are almost complete...It might seem like its slow but that seems to be moving....I don't think we can expect better than 2 rounds per week in any tourny....

I agree though, the pick 3 system where you use one deck per round have to use them all before you double dip is simple and efficient....I thought a dlc vc non dlc vs dlc woud be cool to kick off the expansion with....

Next tournament I run goes back to the simpler pick 3 system....too much confusion during gameplay here...
Squinter beats Lawsy2003 2:1

Decks:
Squinter - CW, SS, MS
Lawsy -  CM, OD, MS

Game 1 - CW vs CM
Was kind of expecting to see CM, considering everyone seems to hate MS and leave it till last haha. Knew you would have troubles with the fliers and lucky me got 3x Talrand's Invocation and a Time Warp out for a cool 16 dmg in a turn before your Scion of the Wild could grow too much.

Game 2 - SS vs OD
OH MAN! So I had told myself that if you used CM first, I would save SS to use against your MS deck in round 3 if needed. So not only do I choose SS instead of GM, I also accepted a hand with only 1 Evolving Wilds instead of drawing a new hand. Needless to say I was Mana screwed the whole game lol. Your Liliana's Shade was all that was needed.

Game 3 - MS vs MS
I though GM would have a tough time vs MS so I opted for the mirror match. Your Wee Dragonauts was your star player with no way of removing the 1/3 flyer with my 2x Razorfin Hunter. I waited patiently until I got down my Spellbound Dragon with only 3 life remaining and knew I had an Act of Treason and Insurrection in hand. After wittling your life down to 14 with my Hunters, I was able to detroy your Dominus of Fealty with a Prophetic Bolt before casting Act of Treason on your Dragonaut and swinging with him as a 3/3 and my Dragon, discarding the Insurrection giving him 11/5 to finish.

Close game man. Very well played. Good luck with the rest! GG

I agree though, the pick 3 system where you use one deck per round have to use them all before you double dip is simple and efficient....I thought a dlc vc non dlc vs dlc woud be cool to kick off the expansion with....

Next tournament I run goes back to the simpler pick 3 system....too much confusion during gameplay here...

I kind of like this system. Not only do you have to anticipate what your opponent will be using and plan accordingly, you also have to consider what decks to leave open for your following match.

Otherwise sometimes you screw yourself by using a deck that's simply countered more heavily by another, and being stuck with that for all 2-3 rounds.
When we pick decks why tell anyone what we're choosing?  Why not let it be just a surprise?
Squinter beats Lawsy2003 2:1

Decks:
Squinter - CW, SS, MS
Lawsy -  CM, OD, MS

Game 1 - CW vs CM
Was kind of expecting to see CM, considering everyone seems to hate MS and leave it till last haha. Knew you would have troubles with the fliers and lucky me got 3x Talrand's Invocation and a Time Warp out for a cool 16 dmg in a turn before your Scion of the Wild could grow too much.

Game 2 - SS vs OD
OH MAN! So I had told myself that if you used CM first, I would save SS to use against your MS deck in round 3 if needed. So not only do I choose SS instead of GM, I also accepted a hand with only 1 Evolving Wilds instead of drawing a new hand. Needless to say I was Mana screwed the whole game lol. Your Liliana's Shade was all that was needed.

Game 3 - MS vs MS
I though GM would have a tough time vs MS so I opted for the mirror match. Your Wee Dragonauts was your star player with no way of removing the 1/3 flyer with my 2x Razorfin Hunter. I waited patiently until I got down my Spellbound Dragon with only 3 life remaining and knew I had an Act of Treason and Insurrection in hand. After wittling your life down to 14 with my Hunters, I was able to detroy your Dominus of Fealty with a Prophetic Bolt before casting Act of Treason on your Dragonaut and swinging with him as a 3/3 and my Dragon, discarding the Insurrection giving him 11/5 to finish.

Close game man. Very well played. Good luck with the rest! GG

I confirm the results.

coming into the match I knew I had to win the first two games since my other deck is an MS which I have not even unlocked halfway.

when I lost the first game to the flyers I knew the match was over since I had a slim chance of winning game 3 with MS even if I won game 2.

GG and good luck on your next match. 
@shin hitokiri I'm available to play the rest of the day and tom.

i also think that the tournament pace is just right. Two matches per week is realistic in iPad since you can't see if someone is online or not unlike in Steam. 
Reptyle, i will be availible to play tomorrow after 18:00 hours (6pm). Good luck!
@shin hitokiri I'm available to play the rest of the day and tom.

i also think that the tournament pace is just right. Two matches per week is realistic in iPad since you can't see if someone is online or not unlike in Steam. 

Cool...I have to run some errands now but when I get back I will look to send you an invite.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
Sign In to post comments