DotP Ipad Tourny #4 --- THE DLC VERSION

282 posts / 0 new
Last post
sigh...Miguel_Exe: Please read the tournament rules before playing games. The top bracket picks a DLC deck first then the other player a non-dlc deck for the first match. You picked a DLC deck on my invite so I just played it out as a friendly match and reanimated a creature to kill myself. Please make sure you know what the format is before you send me an invite to begin our round...

You kilo yourself when you don't have nothing more to do. XDanyways. I'm ready to use no dlc first :D good luck!

Anyone other opponent can text me on iMessege at Miguel_Exe@yahoo.com.mx

Final Fantasy VII Sign By Miguel_Exe, =33
I played most of my first round with Schwab.....I ued Aura Servants to absolutely crush his Goblins round one....his Grinning Malice absolutely destroyed my Obedient Dead Game two and then game 3 he chose Ancient Wilds and I chose Sepul. Strength... (he won by the way)

We have to replay game 3 as its dlc vs dlc round 3......apparently these rules are hard to understand
Hey killa!  Sorry about that...Im still up and can play.  
sigh...Miguel_Exe: Please read the tournament rules before playing games. The top bracket picks a DLC deck first then the other player a non-dlc deck for the first match. You picked a DLC deck on my invite so I just played it out as a friendly match and reanimated a creature to kill myself. Please make sure you know what the format is before you send me an invite to begin our round...

You kilo yourself when you don't have nothing more to do. XDanyways. I'm ready to use no dlc first :D good luck!

You kilo yourself?

Did you guys actually play the matches or no?
Squinter beat psmoore 2-0.

I played Aura Servants in game one and couldn't get a Plain to save my life and he beat me in I think the 4th or 5th turn with PeaceKeepers.  Game two I faired a little better (not much, but could actually get some stuff out) with Goblins vs Collective Might.  I had at least 2 miscues on plays which is my own fault of course, and not that it would have probably mattered in the outcome anyways. LOL   
Squinter defeated Reptyle 2:0

Decks:
Squinter - Peacekeepers, Collective Might 
Reptyle - Aura Servents/Mindstorm (?), Goblins

GG's mate

Game 1 - PK vs Blue
Looks like you got really unlucky with no red/white draws. Only saw blue lands so not too sure what deck you were using

Game 2 - CM vs Goblins 
Chose CM not realising my deck was untrimmed ahhh but still managed to get enough tokens to block your goblins and buff my 2 Scion of the Wild

Good luck with your other games! 

You kilo yourself?

Did you guys actually play the matches or no?

No matches played. When the first "match" started I noticed it was DLC vs DLC and that it wouldn't count so I just cosidered it a friendly game and finished it. However, since iPad doesn't have mics and the messaging system sucks, I wanted to get confirmation that he understood the rounds format before trying to proceed again since I have to set time apart to play these matches. I will try again today to get them done
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
All fine. Send me invite When you can or text me on iMessage at Miguel_Exe@yahoo.com.mx :D
My non dlc decks are gg,aw,od,cw,pk
Killabkilled (Collective Might) defeats Schwab (Aura Servants) in game three of our round one.

He ws dealt a poor hand and had to mulligan a few times. I actually wanted to pick Sepuchural Strength and when I got into the lobby I had chosen Collective Might and I was like OMG because I've really never used the deck. I was like uho oh...

But a turn two Jade Mage and turn 3 [/c]Selesnya Evangel[/c] I guess is pretty good. Turn 4 I dropped Midnight Haunting and created a token. Turn 5-6 and on I just used Selesnya to pump all my creatures up +1/+1 and didn't cast anything else...

He dropped an early wall too, which if he had a better draw would have made the game far more interesting. A few enchantments on his stalker and some significant lifegain each turn would have been tough indeed.
Challonge Updated *the image in the OP should auto Upload but its slow...

challonge.com/dotpipadtourny4

Going to pm lawsy and mobius to make sure they know they tournament has started and they are up...
Miguel_Exe beats Shin Hitokiri 2-1

Game 1 Miguel_Exe Wins: Excellent games with Collective Might vs his Peacekeepers. A topdecked Odric saved the last 3 points of damage on my killing swing and prevented me from blocking on the final swing.

Game 2 Shin Hitokiri Wins: Good long game of Celestial Light vs his Mindstorms. He could not overcome the high life total even after taking 3 consecutive turns and fell in one swing to a trampling Serra Avatar.

Game 3 Miguel_Exe Wins:  His SS Golgari deck breezed in for the victory against my Azorious Aura deck with me having to mull a no land hand, to a 1 mana hand, to another no land hand, and finally kept a 5 card 1 mana hand. Needless to say I didn't even get to cast a spell LOL

Great games and matches Miguel and good luck on the rest of the tournament.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Those who break the rules are considered scum; but those who would betray and abandon even one of their friends, are worst than scum(Kakashi Hatake/Originally Obito Uchiha/Tobi).
I played wih ShinHitoKiri. 

I win The first round with PeaceKeepers. He used the dlc token deck white/green. 

I lose the second round with Izeet DLC deck. He used celestial light.

I win the third round with dlc green/black. He used something with white (He draw only white mana). I suppose Auras. 

Waiting for the next one.  
PD! Very Good games!
Initial post is updated. Check out the challonge link for your round two pairings!

Remember, you have to use all 5 dlc decks before you recycle one and use all 5 non-dlc decks before your recycle on of them... top of the bracket uses dlc first....

If you want to start round two go for it!

We are waiting on Lawsy and Mobius. I pmed both of them earlier today but have not received any word from either of them.
I'm trying to invite Lawsy now, but he doesn't appear to be on. I'll keep trying tonight though. We're both on the East Coast so maybe it'll go down soon.
I played ShinHitokiri this morning one game.  I beat his Born of Flame with my Sepulchral Strength.  We started game two I played Obedient Dead and he was playing Grinning Malice (since when he was kicked out it sent me to Rakdos).  I had him down to 5 while I believe I was at 19 and think I would have gotten him on my next spin, as I had out my Grave Titan with 2 2/2's and a Nightmare that was worth 7/7.  He had just played a Chaos Warp and then was booted.  Trying to connect with him to replay game 2.

Are we gonna play the same decks or choose different?
In the case of restarting a match, rules state that :

--If someone is kicked at the beginning of a match or in between rounds you may choose a different deck when you replay the game so as to avoid any sideboard cheating. This supercedes the previous rule

So you can choose a different deck. That situation sucks, to play most of a game and have board control and lose connection
I thought that too.. LOL.. oh well.. I ready to replay.  Have tried to reconnect a few times, but no luck.  We'll have to wait to hear from him.
Hey all sorry but I lost power in my house due to a storm and I just now got internet back. 

Reptyle beat me soundly with SS game 1 as my burn in BOF could not keep up with his big creatures.

Game 2 I had mana problems since Rakdos GM really has a hard time playing any cards without both colors of mana and I didn't draw a black even though I mulliganed to 5 until like turn 5 or 6 while he had an aggro hand of OD meaning I was playing catch-up while he controlled the tempo. Therefore, I really doubt I was gonna win the match we were disconnected when my power went out no need to replay it as I think there was a clear winner there.

Great games, thank you for the matches, and good luck!!
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm still trying to invite lawsy to a game, but I don't think he's around. Suggestions?
I'm still trying to invite lawsy to a game, but I don't think he's around. Suggestions?

Ill look for a last minute replacement player in the next day or I guess everyone that plays Lawsy gets a 2-0 victory to make it fair for everyone. If you want to try your round two pairing in the mean time go for it!
My son Billy can play.  Hehasnt had alot of time with the new decks but he would like to play.  If so, his original decks will be CL, BOF, DP, ED, AW.  I. Will have hime sign up on here tomorrow.  His GC is psmoore4.
Hey Mobius... I signed my son up for an account but he was heading to bed but I will have him check in the morning and send you a friend request.  Maybe you have alread played him? Not sure.  
Cool

Replaced lawsy with psmoore4 since he is not around.

Miguel and Schwab, you are up for round two and when your son is done with his match with mobius I will set up a time with him as we are paired round two!

Again, everyone, feel free to keep the tourny moving. If anyone wants to play any of their matches against me early, just let me know her or pm me to set up a time....or even text at 2.0.3. #######  5--2-8-    %%%%%%- -65   ------ 39.
I actually invited möbius as a friend and I just saw him accepting it yesterday. Been trying to hook up with him but can't seem to catch him. I am free tom afternoon til night to play, if I'm still part of the tourney.
Thanks for the offer psmoore4 But I guess Lawsy is not MIA after all.

Is there a list of what decks people have used?  Much easier than reading back thru posts and making notes on the used ones.  Trying to line up a time w/ muguel exe for our matches.  Do we have to follow the order of matches on the chart or can we knock out our games w later pairings while waiting for current games?
Schwabadoobie,

I am up next with  you after this round.  Sent you a request through GC.  I'm in CST so whenever.  I'm free most days during the week between 8:30am and 10:00am.  Just message me and let me know.  
Thanks for the offer psmoore4 But I guess Lawsy is not MIA after all.

thanks

@mobius, I'm free pretty much all afternoon and night, ill try to send invite every so often, kindly do so also.  
Is there a list of what decks people have used?  Much easier than reading back thru posts and making notes on the used ones. 

Killa has the decks used so far crossed out next to the participants name on the 1st page so it's easy to see what they've played so far.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Is there a list of what decks people have used?  Much easier than reading back thru posts and making notes on the used ones. 

Killa has the decks used so far crossed out next to the participants name on the 1st page so it's easy to see what they've played so far.

Yeah, I  will be updating the first post as we go so its convenient for everyone and you can play any round you want at any time as long as your opponent is up for it. If its someone on your list just make they know its a tourny game before starting to avoid any complications....
It's 612PM here on the East Coast on a Friday night. Sent my invite to Lawsy. Still waiting.
So, can we jump ahead on matches if having trouble setting up a time With current round?

I Abuse Welfare defeated Lawsy 2 - 1

Game 1: Sepulchral Strength (me) vs. Dream Puppets
I was kind of nervous over this one, even though I don't run any of the 6+ drops in the deck. Hedron Crabs were responsible for milling about half my deck, but I eventually overran the board with a Troll Ascetic, Creakwood Liege, and Vulturous Zombie. Pernicious Deed for 1 cleared a Jace's Phantasm and Hedron Crab out of the way for the alpha strike.

Game 2: Born of Flame (me) vs. Aura Servants
The gist of the game went like this. Inferno Titan. Mind Control Inferno Titan. 2nd Inferno Titan. Winds of Rath. Double Searing Spear on Titan (leaving me in top deck mode). I had outs with a Sulfuric Vortex on the board. But instead of an x= burn spell for the win, I received [/card]Mountain[/card]s. Kor Spiritdancer and Invisible Stalker finished me off.

Game 3: Grinning Malice (me) vs. Sepulchral Strength
Basically the nut draw on my part. There was absolutely nothing he could have done. Pain Magnification into Blightning (take 3 discard 3), into Demigod of Revenge #1, which eats a Go for the Throat, into Demigod #2, bringing back Demigod #1, which eats another Go for the Throat, bringing him to 12 and making him discard again, into Demigod #3, bringing back #1 again, after he had tapped out for Defense of the Heart, for the win. Good games Lawsy. I would have definitely just bit the bullet and sac'd your Yavimaya Elder to get over the mana screw you were experiencing (the game ended with him having only 2 Forests and one Swamp.
I Abuse Welfare defeated Lawsy 2 - 1

Game 1: Sepulchral Strength (me) vs. Dream Puppets
I was kind of nervous over this one, even though I don't run any of the 6+ drops in the deck. Hedron Crabs were responsible for milling about half my deck, but I eventually overran the board with a Troll Ascetic, Creakwood Liege, and Vulturous Zombie. Pernicious Deed for 1 cleared a Jace's Phantasm and Hedron Crab out of the way for the alpha strike.

Game 2: Born of Flame (me) vs. Aura Servants
The gist of the game went like this. Inferno Titan. Mind Control Inferno Titan. 2nd Inferno Titan. Winds of Rath. Double Searing Spear on Titan (leaving me in top deck mode). I had outs with a Sulfuric Vortex on the board. But instead of an x= burn spell for the win, I received [/card]Mountain[/card]s. Kor Spiritdancer and Invisible Stalker finished me off.

Game 3: Grinning Malice (me) vs. Sepulchral Strength
Basically the nut draw on my part. There was absolutely nothing he could have done. Pain Magnification into Blightning (take 3 discard 3), into Demigod of Revenge #1, which eats a Go for the Throat, into Demigod #2, bringing back Demigod #1, which eats another Go for the Throat, bringing him to 12 and making him discard again, into Demigod #3, bringing back #1 again, after he had tapped out for Defense of the Heart, for the win. Good games Lawsy. I would have definitely just bit the bullet and sac'd your Yavimaya Elder to get over the mana screw you were experiencing (the game ended with him having only 2 Forests and one Swamp.

I confirm these results.

game 1 - I thought I had a good chance until I drew 5 lands in a row.

game 2  - pretty much what möbius said

game 3 - I guess you were right with saccing the elder, but then again with the cards you have in hand I doubt it would have mattered.

GG and good luck. 
I'm ready to play now. :3 
Miguel, are you able to play around 6:30(EST)?
Lawsy, we are up second round. Im off all day Monday. Do you have any free time then?
Miguel, are you able to play around 6:30(EST)?

I can after 20:00 hours (GMT -6 Mexico City)