[[24 Hour Contest]] - Make a Plainswalker

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Not to step on toes here, but I'd like you to make a single-sided Plainswalker.

Other than Plainswalk you are free to do as you see fit. Just know that I'm a sucker for flavour, irrelevant effects, things I've never seen before, weird shits, etc.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
obligatory plainswalker joke card

Savanna Hyena 
Creature - Hyena
Plainswalk
"Who needs a spark to plainswalk!"
1/1
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Guys, I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mispelled.

EDIT: Oh wait, whoever posted the planeswalker removed it. 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Simba, King of the Savannah 
Planeswalker - Simba
[+1]: target land becomes a Plains.
[+1]: creatures you control have plainswalk until end of turn.
[-6]:  search your collection for any number of creatures with different names with plainswalk and put them onto the battlefield.
[4]

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Vessev, Mirror Entity
Planeswalker - Vessev
[+1]: Transform ~. (You can't. This card is single-sided.)
[-1]: Turn ~ face down. (It becomes a 2/2 colorless creature.)
[-2]: ~ becomes a copy of target creature except it gains Plainswalk.
[1]

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Righteous Plainswalk
Sorcery
If an opponent controls a card named Great Wall, he or she loses the game.
"Stand up against the oppressors, for tonight we shall plainswalk!" -Aysen Lieutenant

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Mawembie Thickcoat | | Creature - Cat | Uncommon | 2/2
Plainswalk, protection from red and lands
Arrogant Noble

Creature - Human Wizard   U

Plainswalk

Protection from Common

"Filthy rabble, my robe is freshly
made and cannot abide the dirt
that falls from your hands."

1/1
Disgruntled Farmer

Creature - Human (U)

Plainswalk
When ~ enters the battlefield, target land becomes the basic land type of your choice.

"I farm fields! Not mountains or swamps or forests!"

1/1
Walking Plains l
Enchantment- Aura
Enchant Plains
Enchanted land is a 4/4 Legs creature with Plainswalk. It is still a land.
Everything is going according to Plains.
Heretic of Heliud

Creature--Human Knight

Plainswalk, first strike

When ~ deals combat damage to a player, it deals damage to him or her equal to the number of plains he or she controls. 3/1
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Tumbleweed
Creature - Plant

Plainswalk.
At the end of each turn, if no spells have been cast, no creatures have attacked and no permanents have entered the battlefield, you may put ~ onto the battlefield from outside the game. 

1/1

Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Argotian Hunter
Creature - Cat Warrior
Plainswalk
2/1
"No trees from in which predators lurk? No marshes with deadly disease and rot? Who would want to live such a boring existence?" -Senya, Shaman of the Claw Pride

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Seattle Socialite
Creature -  Human Hipster
Plaidwalk
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, each of that player's opponent's names a card. That player reveals card form the top of their library until he or she reveals a non-land card, if no one named that card, that player may put that card into his or her hand. Put all all cards revealed this way onto the bottom of their owner's library.
2/2
I would tell you what is in my deck, but you've probably never heard of it. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Seattle Socialite
Plaidwalk
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, each of that player's opponent's names a card. That player reveals card form the top of their library until he or she reveals a non-land card, if no one named that card, that player may put that card into his or her hand. Put all all cards revealed this way onto the bottom of their owner's library.
2/2

I'd like to state that Seattle is not full of hipsters.
My Philosophies
1: Magic is awesome. 2: Haters gunna hate. And when they do, use your shotgun. 3: One Direction is quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. 4: I like boys. Got a problem? Then you're an idiot. 5: I'm better than you. 6: I am a vampire. 7: PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! [i](No, I'm not a brony. I like Actual ponies. The ones that are young horses?
First thing you should know, I'm a permanent newb. Jace has amazing hair! I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
My People Tallies
MagicPablo666: 1 ChaosLight: 1
Seattle Socialite
Plaidwalk
2/2

I'd like to state that Seattle is not full of hipsters.

However, the ones that it has, wear plaid.

...or so I have been told. I was trying to make a plaidwalk joke and I think it got buried in a different joke. I guess I could have made a lumberjack (or a Soctsman, but then it would be tartan walk and no one would get the reference).
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Tumbleweed
Creature - Plant

Plainswalk.
At the end of each turn, if no spells have been cast, no creatures have attacked and no permanents have entered the battlefield, you may put ~ onto the battlefield from outside the game. 

1/1

I love this card.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
cats_and_me wrote:
Just for Smile's...

Serra, Elysian Wanderer

Planeswalker Creature - Serra
Serra, Elysian Wanderer’s power and toughness are each equal to the number of loyalty counters on it.
Serra, Elysian Wanderer enters the battlefield with X loyalty counters on it, where X is the number of Plains you control.
<+1>: Serra, Elysian Wanderer gains plainswalk until end of turn.
*/*
Just for 's...

Serra, Elysian Wanderer

Planeswalker Creature - Serra
Serra, Elysian Wanderer’s power and toughness are each equal to the number of loyalty counters on it.
Serra, Elysian Wanderer enters the battlefield with X loyalty counters on it, where X is the number of Plains you control.
<+1>: Serra, Elysian Wanderer gains plainswalk until end of turn.
*/*

You just broke my mind.

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

Tumbleweed
Creature - Plant

Plainswalk.

1/1

However, the ones that it has, wear plaid.

...or so I have been told. I was trying to make a plaidwalk joke and I think it got buried in a different joke. I guess I could have made a lumberjack (or a Soctsman, but then it would be tartan walk and no one would get the reference).

Seattle is much better known for its Flannel-donned population1, than for its Plaid-wearers. Portland is Hipster-central up there. When I contemplate Seattle, my mind usually drifts to Frasier, who wore Argyle - though his Manchester-born Maidservant, Daphne, often sported garments of Plaid.

1B.S. 1990's at least.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Eagerly awaiting for grades.

192884403 wrote:
- Grades this afternoon.

139359831 wrote:

[Sblock=Grades]

Sebanovich

You think I mistyped. I do not mitsype! Your Hyena is kinda cool, because it is a Hyena. Also, does it talk? And does it know of 'Walkers and how does it know the term “Plainswalk” - perhaps this Hyena has developed a sense of its own nature as a fantasy fantasy card? This intrigues me – but since it is unclear whether or not this was your intention I will grade you as if it was not. 2/10.

Dudibus

Pretty strong 'Walker here. Hurt your opponent's mana base and then gain a bunch of unblockable creatures? Then tutor your entire COLLECTION of Plainswalk creatures? +1 for using the word “collection.” -1 because I don't like 'Walkers unless they are interesting. 2/10.

Theatog

Ugh. Why is everyone making Planeswalkers? They are probably my least favorite type of card. At least this one Morphs. +1 for that. +5 for the rules text on the first ability. Actually make that +20. Grade: 2/10.

Fenix.

It's like nobody even took my contest seriously. Woe is me. This is silly. Bazaar Trader >> Great Wall >> This. This card is going to break Vintage. Unacceptable. Also, it doesn't even really follow the criteria. Don't argue with me. And why doesn't it mill???? 2/10.

Sleeping

Thank you Sleeping, for taking this a little more seriously. Nicer than White Knight – at least in some environments. I could see running this in very casual EDH. Something with Equipments or Auras. I like Pro-Land a lot. I just with the card had a little more to offer – and Plainswalk seems tacked on slightly. 7/10

Taramoor

Pro-Common? Hmmm – I don't know how to feel about this. I've decided that in the right kinda set and with appropriate flavor, pro-rarity is something I can endorse. Very unique ability – my only problem with the card, which I find awesome, is that “Plainswalk” feels very out of place. 8/10.

vlord

I like this a lot. I think it might be a tad on the strong side. Unblockable 1/1 with a mana-screw effect for 2 mana? But the flavor is really good. Why no Islands in the FT? 9/10.

hardcoretheorycraft

+10 for Flavor Text. The effect is okay – nothing crazy. 2/10.

bay_falconer

I like this a lot. I like Red Knights more than White ones. Seems pretty good. Even against non-White decks it is still a 3/1 first strike for 4. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with this. 7/10

Morgothra

Brilliant design. This is a really clever and wonderful card. Were you aware of how much I'd love this? Anyway, my compliment skills aren't super strong at the moment – so I'll just leave it at this. 10/10.

Nukeshooter

It's okay. Nothing spectacular about Argotian Hunter. The flavour is strong, but it has been done before. I like the Flavour Text. 7/10.

Dr_Demento

Disqualified for lack of Plainswalking. And for not using apostrophes correctly. 2/10. P.s. You know it is your turn for the Ravnica Story thing right? I only remind you because I didn't know it was my turn until Raven reminded me.

McKinzie

Cool. I'm into this – kinda. If only because it is different. I don't see it being super functional. I mean Plainswalking and having lots of Plains are two entirely different things. But it is cool. 8/10.

Winner

Morgothra! Hurrah! Sit/Stand/Kneel/Recline at your computer/pad/laptop/phone and cheer/shout/scream/whisper for him/her1 audibly!

1I believe "him" is correct here - though I don't know if that has ever been confirmed.

139359831 wrote:
Excuse me, I think there's a clerical error. I believe I should've scored over 26 from what I counted.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Victory! Yeah, I thought you'd like it. For reference: Sit-Computer-Cheer-Him.

Also, I don't get why people thought you'd misspelled planeswalker, you were clearly taking the piss out of someone who had in a thread that was only a couple of threads down.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
Victory! Yeah, I thought you'd like it. For reference: Sit-Computer-Cheer-Him.

Also, I don't get why people thought you'd misspelled planeswalker, you were clearly taking the piss out of someone who had in a thread that was only a couple of threads down.

coz' people never read a couple threads down.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Why no Islands in the FT? 9/10.

I wasn't sure you farm Islands at all, not especially easily anyway. Underwater maybe? Mountains, Forests and Swamps you could... kind of.
And why doesn't it mill????

It initially did, but I felt it'd be redundant next to "You win the game". Also, who says I didn't take the contest seriously? I humbly provided the other users a card to fight against plainswalk hosing, which is quite pushed by wotc and opppressive (see: Great Wall).

192884403 wrote:
I will admit I thought this was a joke contest due to the aforementioned thread.

And I completely agree with everything you said about the card I made, and everything you said about Tumbleweed.  I even heard that western 'whistle' as I pictured a Tumbleweed blowing across the dusty road of a backwater town. 

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
ColonialDragons wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
magicpablo666 wrote:
cats_and_me wrote:
Thanks for the great contest Pablo, I'm glad you liked me card. Wait, am i in the wrong room?
Vaevictus Asmadi, The Powerful 
Planeswalker- Vaevictus
+1 Creatures you control get +2/+0 until end of turn.
-1 Add to your mana pool.
-5 Get a token that says "Creature you control have First Strike, Deathtouch, and Trample".
-8 Creatures you control have +X/+X Where X is the amount of cards in your library. 
thank you pablo for at least give a bit of attention to my entry
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Well, I went for Chandra's manga. I'd figure a heretic would be red. That just left tying plainswalk in. I was actually afraid it was too powerful, and I wanted to make it , which puts it on roughly the power of Porcelain Legionnaire, but slightly worse. But again I was worried it would say "If you're playing monowhite, you lose the game." So I notched it up one.

Mechanically, why red? While landwalk's my least-favorite mechanic (since a Master of the Pearl Trident hoses as much as mono-) I've always thought of landwalk as being more of an "enemy-color" thing. For some reason, it hoses its own color, sometimes stupidly. But I wanted another interaction with plains, and direct damage is generally good. So, red was a perfect fit. Plus, you can see a player hitting this guy with Tainted Strike for a quick win.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments