Use DNDN

I would like to encourage people to start abreviating the game in this manner. It holds to tradition and is more whimsical than DDN. I think it could even change your whole outlook on life.
I use 5E because its shorter...
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
I use 5N because it's "Next"

Carl
D&DN cuz "&" is legit.
D&DN cuz "&" is legit.

I like the cut of your jib, but I think the inherent symmetry of DNDN is very attractive.

We do not do things because they are easy but because they are hard!

For God's sake, this is advanced! 
I personally dont like D&DN or DDN... just for that one fateful day when it goes from being D&D Current to D&D Past.

4e and 5E... they just feel more right now. And yes, capital E for 5 lower for 4, try it out, looks better this way. 
I usually just use 5e, at least until I am certain that it is worthy of being given a title that makes it more than just another edition. If it improves the game a lot, and it seems to be going that way, then I will use D&DN.

I agree, 5E seems more natural than 5e. I wonder why that is?
"E" is for EXPECTATIONS!

"e" is for "ed" as in, past tense.
Personally I hate everything about "D&D Next" as an edition title, including DDN, DNDN and any such association.

Not to be confused with the fact that I do like the new edition, but that's a horrible title. 

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"

How about Dungeons & Dragons Renaissance? DDR! 

Oh poop! 
I like to switch it up now and again.

5e, NEXT, DDN, D&DNext, I'll use DNDN.

This is a game of modularity. Guess that includes the name. 
I'll combine some and call it DND5. Cool
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."
They've mentioned calling it just "Dungeons and Dragons" when it's released. What do people think of that idea?
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
They've mentioned calling it just "Dungeons and Dragons" when it's released. What do people think of that idea?

Sounds like a great way to ensure that the community comes up with our own name for it instead of using the one they provide.
Seriously, though, you should check out the PbP Haven. You might also like Real Adventures, IF you're cool.
Knights of W.T.F.- Silver Spur Winner
4enclave, a place where 4e fans can talk 4e in peace.

It works great for the game once it's released.  It is part of the attempt to reunify the community - to remind us that, regardless of edition, we are all playing Dungeons and Dragons.

But it's useless on these forums.

On these forums, we need to be clear which edition we are referring to (although for most purposes AD&D 1st and 2nd are comparable and 3.0 and 3.5 are comparable - although I do distinguish between them as well where necessary). 

DNDN, 5N, 5E and DND5 all clearly indicate which edition we mean.  "Dungeons and Dragons" does not because they are all Dungeons and Dragons (even 4E....).

I'm tempted to start talking about 5N.2 for the second packet, 5N.1 for the last packet (even 5N.0 for the closed playtest) - but I'm not sure people would understand what I meant if I did so - and if I have to explain it with each use I might as well write out which packet I'm referring to.)

Carl
I prefer %E!

Becuase my honest hope and dream is to see D&D go back to its percentile roots!

Just kidding! Tongue Out
It could also be NDND or ND&D or NDD - The NEW Dungeons & Dragons!

Sounds like a great way to ensure that the community comes up with our own name for it instead of using the one they provide.

I think that was inevitable from the time they introduced numbered editions.  DDN will be 5e no matter what it's called.  The only way calling it "Dungeons & Dragons" will stick is if it actually does unite the fanbase.

Other potential titles I can see people calling it around the forums are:
DDS = Dungeons & Dragons Stew.  All the leftovers of past editions thrown together in one pot.
D&D 4.-75 (from the less rational end of the 4e fans).
D&D the GURPening (from those who think modularity will kill the game).

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

Personally I hate everything about "D&D Next" as an edition title, including DDN, DNDN and any such association.

Not to be confused with the fact that I do like the new edition, but that's a horrible title. 

You're in luck, because DND Next is a project title, not the official one.

On topic, I say Next. Because I'm young and hip. Swag swag. 
I refer to it as 5E, because that's what it is, trendy nicknames or not. However, some in my group have started to refer to it as DNDGH (D&D Greatest Hits), as it seems like a mash up attempt at all the editions in some way. I don't agree per se, but I understand where they get their perspective.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

DNDN just doesn't flow off of the tongue very well. It makes it sound like I have mush mouth when It is said . (It sounds like you are trying to say the indian.) I did find this thread interesting, and  I liked the Idea of calling it ND&D, as that also sounds a traditional.

If the game is called next what will we call it whenever 6th Ed comes out in anther 5 or 10 years?
DNDN just doesn't flow off of the tongue very well. It makes me sound like I have mush mouth when I try to say it. (It sounds like I'm trying to say the indian.) I did find this thread interesting, and  I liked the Idea of calling it ND&D, as that also sounds a traditional.

If the game is called next what will we call it whenever 6th Ed comes out in anther 5 or 10 years?

Dindin now and Six Ed later?

Carl
On topic, I say Next. Because I'm young and hip. Swag swag. 

player 1: you playing Next?
player 2: no it's bob's turn
player 1: no, I mean are you playing D&D Next
player 2: dude, we're playing d&d now, but we may play battleship next.
player 1: d&d now?  Is that ANOTHER edition, what the heck is Battleship Next?
player 2: ??

/snicker, sorry it sounded funnier in my head.  But since you're so young and hip, you may not get that veiled reference. 

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"

Battleship next has aliens... ofcourse
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

DNDN just doesn't flow off of the tongue very well. It makes it sound like I have mush mouth when It is said . (It sounds like you are trying to say the indian.) I did find this thread interesting, and  I liked the Idea of calling it ND&D, as that also sounds a traditional.

DNDND of course.

DNDND of course.

Da' Next Dungeons 'n Dragons

I'm laughing now before it gets removed...

DNDN is nice... but I think I prefer DN2  Cool

And this will be it's logo Innocent

IMAGE(http://imageshack.us/a/img209/7474/dndn.jpg)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You just rocked my world, Daganev.

Edit: And now that world that was rocked, has been sundered. Infinite D!
When will now be then?
Our group actually tends to use D7DN but thats mostly cause I suck at typing and D7D is just a joke among us.
When will now be then?

We just missed it.