[RTR-ICD] Firemind's Foresight

44 posts / 0 new
Last post

Firemind's Foresight    5
Instant
Rare
Search your library for an instant card with CMC 3, reveal it, and put it into your hand.
Then repeat this process for instant cards with CMC 2 and 1. 
Then shuffle your library

Source : RTR image gallery 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Oh hay I have an idea

I'm a cast a spell

-Niv Mizzet 
Oh wow this is instant.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Oh wow.. super sweet.. yet really expensive.

I want it to be playable so bad. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
Oh god why do they all have to be instants.

I mean, it's cool and you will have enough mana to play them all on your next turn...but all instants completely kills it in my mind.
Too expensive to be playable outside of EDH.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
@Lord_of_fuddies

This card can't fetch Bonfire.
7! cmc?
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
For me that's a Blightning, Terminate, and Brainstorm or maybe even just fodder for Spellbound Dragon
This is probably why Gilded Lotus got reprinted. Pretty sweet top-ender in my opinion, helps flip a floodout on it's head.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Fetch Cancel, Second Guess and Outwit then cry to yourself about the state of counterspells.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Fetch Cancel, Second Guess and Outwit then cry to yourself about the state of counterspells.

I assume the point of the low costs is to take advantage of overload.  For example, you grab cyclonic rift, izzet charm, and street spasm.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
Why, oh why not 5? Would that have busted standard? Would it!?

Not hardly playable in edh. Mystical teachings this is not.

3DH4LIF3

Why, oh why not 5? Would that have busted standard? Would it!? Not hardly playable in edh. Mystical teachings this is not.

Yes, yes it would.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
nah... No way. It might have fixed it.

3DH4LIF3

Look, it would have been a Jace's Ingenuity except it is always gas, that you get to pick.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Oh hay I have an idea

I'm a cast a spell

-Niv Mizzet 

I died.

An Izzet card with a normal name. Disappointing.
Reminds me of Bestial Menace but as a Teachings. I think its funny that it doesn't work well with the crappy Dragon that gives sorceries flash.

Instant combo deck? Ugh.
Maybe in a version of High Tide? You can search for let's say... another High Tide, a Brain Freeze and a Cunning Wish.
I don't really see a merit to play over though...
Coney 2012
This could be a good way to capitalize on playing multiple Goblin Electromancers.

Also, get Noxious Revival and two useful cards, then get back this spell and cast it next turn.
Anyone else see that this was going to be spoiled on MagicTV? Yea, that made me a little sad.

Anyway, the card is cool. Don't think it will see competitive play, but I'm sure someone will find a use for this in EDH.  

I assume the point of the low costs is to take advantage of overload.  For example, you grab cyclonic rift, izzet charm, and street spasm.

My post wasn't serious.

...Actually scratch that it was, I am gonna make a standard deck with ramp and Gilded Lotus with a single copy of those spells in it, then when I hit seven mana use this to fetch them, flash them to my opponent and then promptly concede. It will be glorious.

192884403 wrote:
seems the goal is to get cards with overload
At 6 I'd say this definitely would have seen play. At 7, it still might, but very little and only as 1 to 2-ofs in control decks. It's best use is certainly to fetch cyclonic rift for the immediate win.

Aye...
Sadly, that statement is true about most of this set.

"We wlll kill them all."

Aye...
Sadly, that statement is true about most of this set.

This is true there's a few nice cards for constructed though.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Very cool card that should be playable.

Look, it would have been a Jace's Ingenuity except it is always gas, that you get to pick.

Yeah so? Seems like that should have been the point.

I thought Jace's ingenuity sucked and should have been a 5 mana fact or fiction.

this should have been a 5 mana tutor spell EoT. 

3DH4LIF3

Or you could fetch Cancel, Dispel and Izzet Charm and ask people why they whinge about control being dead just because they have to go without overpowered permission for a bit?
I want to be Cultured.
A bit expensive but a very nice ability.
For me that's a Blightning, Terminate, and Brainstorm or maybe even just fodder for Spellbound Dragon

Forget the Blightning.. I just realized that this can only fetch instants. What exactly does Niv have against sorceries?

Or you could fetch Cancel, Dispel and Izzet Charm and ask people why they whinge about control being dead just because they have to go without overpowered permission for a bit?

Someone help me, I can't tell if this is a serious post ot not.

No really, I can't

192884403 wrote:
Dissipate dispel and izzet charm might be the best package... justnoton turn 7/8

3DH4LIF3

if this would be 6cc(or maybe 5), would it increase its chances of being played in constructed? (eg standard and modern)

I wish the R&D took some risk in shaving  colorless mana cost from cards like this. not like some undercosted things like GoST maybe(bad example).

I know they want  creatures to be good but they don't have to make instants and sorceries bad.

just my 2 cents. rant over. 
if this would be 6cc(or maybe 5), would it increase its chances of being played in constructed? (eg standard and modern)

I wish the R&D took some risk in shaving  colorless mana cost from cards like this. not like some undercosted things like GoST maybe(bad example).

I know they want  creatures to be good but they don't have to make instants and sorceries bad.

just my 2 cents. rant over. 

then use goblin electromancer :\
Cone of Tutors?

Do we have a or cone yet, though? I know Cone of Flame, Bestial Menace, and Cryptic Annelid.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Interesting for EDH too costly elsware.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
That cost is going to hurt it. It will have its uses, but overall, this is not a home run.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
Sign In to post comments