[RtR-ICD] - Azor's Elocutors

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
Azor's Elocutors --
Creature -- Human Advisor (Rare)
At the beginnning of your upkeep, put a filibuster counter on Azor's Elocutors. THen, if Azor's Elocutors has five or more filibuster counters on it, you win the game.
Whenever a source deals damage to you, remove a filibuster counter from Azor's Elocutors.
3/5

I'm speechless.

forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t...

Edit: not fake. also forgot rarity.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Seems... fake.
Thinking about it, it already been done in Zendikar with Luminarch Ascension
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
I think it's pretty funny that Wizards managed to put political commentary into the game, with RTR being released a month before the American presidential election. Of course, "Opposed political parties obstruct each other!" isn't hard to predict years ahead of time.

As a card, it might not be amazing, but it adds to the growing list of cool alternative win conditions.
So... Stall for long enough and you win? Totally something you find in elected governments XD
Seems... fake.

For serious?  What a bizarre card.  It does seem fake.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
SwDS: 4/5
Okay, that initial reaction out of the way, I think this might be a nice win condition for control.
Paradox Haze, anyone?

Also:

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3CWfaBCIAEedzY.jpg)

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

This.  Is.  Awesome.

Who cares if it's janky?  It's a dude who drones on and on for so long, fracking planeswalkers just give up and walk away.
Wizards ate my account that needed no sig, so I guess I need one now.
Fog + Proliferate deck?
YO DAWG
we heard you like filibusters so we put a filibuster on your filibusters so you can win while you win
Anyone else read the name as "Azor's Electrocuters" first-up? I was thinking it was going to be some bizarre Azorius/Izzet hyrbird.

That said, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Energy Field, Elocuters, go. GG?
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Yessss. I love alternate wincons.
I actually really like this. Far more than any other Azorious card so far.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
BUG combo with corpsejack menace? Only three turns rather than five. 
Oh my, another alternate win-con, gotta make casual proliferate deck now.
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!

Infinight, yes, a fog deck in standard can certainly possibly sustain this as a win condition.  Snapcasters to flash it (fogs) back, counters to protect him from removal, (and pray you're not playing against Supreme Verdict), and you should be good to go.

Awesome for casual.  Might win a random FNM.  Funny card is funny.

I dub thee Mr. Smith.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I think it's pretty funny that Wizards managed to put political commentary into the game, with RTR being released a month before the American presidential election. Of course, "Opposed political parties obstruct each other!" isn't hard to predict years ahead of time.

As a card, it might not be amazing, but it adds to the growing list of cool alternative win conditions.

It's less of a political statement as it is a reference to how the Azorius work.

Anyways, cool card is cool. 
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
 I will play the capital **** out of this card.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

this card is win win for sure, will be a stable in W/B after gatecrash is out!
Comboes with Proliferate, Paradox Haze, and Doubling Season.

Someone will win with this somewhere, somehow.
Oh god. Bureaucrats who literally talk your opponent to death. This is my favorite card of the set, bar none.
What's that, Turbofog? You're tired of waiting til your opponent mills out before you can win? You want a better and more reliable win condition? We'll see what we can do.

-WotC
I legitimately want to make a deck around this.

Like, pronto. Playset will be in my hands launch day. 

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

is anyone else mad that turbofog might actually work with this card in standard?
Reading the phonebook is the best filibuster.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
What's that, Turbofog? You're tired of waiting til your opponent mills out before you can win? You want a better and more reliable win condition? We'll see what we can do.

-Love, WotC

FTFY
I wonder if these guys are from the Azores. 
BUG combo with corpsejack menace? Only three turns rather than five. 

that only works with +1/+1 counters.

this is an awesomely stupid card.
Is that Harry Reid in there?

"We wlll kill them all."

FILIBUSTER COUNTERS

Let me get my Giant Fan and spread the filibustering around

oh god

I love this card so much 
Damnit. They are making me wan to make a blue/white stall deck based around this card. Oh the shenanigans.
There's my standard deck.

It's less of a political statement as it is a reference to how the Azorius work.

Anyways, cool card is cool. 

Political statement for 2012 would've cost .
That's actually kind of cool.
Stupid card fun for casual I guess.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

i'm gonna be honest, i am that guy, i'll make a turbofog deck happen JUST so i can troll people to death via filibustering.
w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]

-WotC

That fails hard to Path to Exile? That also fails to any bounce? That absolutely doesn't pass the Jace Test? That's not an enchantment, or at the very least, artifact? If that's honestly what wizards thought when making this card, then they failed. Unquestionably. This won't win games in standard, modern, or legacy turbo fog builds. It's a joke. I could run Privileged Position for that much mana.