Patch for PSN is available

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
It has fixed stats for Yeva and Firewing Phoenix. Hopefully some bugs as well.
Did they make 2HG playable again? (change Serra Ascendant's ability condition to Chalice of Life's condition)
Yes. Serra ascendant is updated as well
What are the "fixed stats for Yeva and Firing Phoenix" and also how do I get this patch??
Yeva is now 4/4 and FWP is 4/2 to coincide with their paper magic stats. You just have to start up the game to download it
I really liked yevas old toughness.. oh well.
The patch weights 140mb? that's way to much for just Yeva, Phoenix and the Serra Ascendant, i guess the info for the next dlc is on the patch too?

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Red is my favourite colour so i'm happy they fixed firewing phoenix! I guess they aren't freedom haters after all!
Too bad firewing Phoenix is a crap card

I would argue that it's playable now if you want to go with a creature-focused BoF build.  It's arguably better than Magma Phoenix since in a creature build you don't want to be killing your own guys when Magma dies.

Its card advantage to me.  I have had it work very well for me.  and there is plentgy of time i have the open mana, especially the way the game does the drawing and shuffling. 
What is this creature-based build where Firewing Phoenix will be good you speak of? One running all the firebreathers, Torch Fiends, and Prodigal Pyromancer alongside Firewing Phoenix? Does this version run Swiftfoot Boots too?

I still don't see how it's good since it's a total mana sink hardly worth the potential reward. 12 total mana (or 8, if it's discarded or milled) to recur a 4/2 flyer even once? If your opponent is drawing nothing but lands, that sounds swell. If your opponent is actually doing something, well....

At least it can survive a Fume Spitter and tangle with a lone Squadron Hawk now. Hooray!
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />At least it can survive a Fume Spitter and tangle with a lone Squadron Hawk now. Hooray!

You're being sarcastic, but those actually do increase the card's value pretty significantly.  The difference between 1 and 2 toughness has always been a big deal in Magic, just as much as the 2 vs 3 gap.

I tend to look at the Duels format as a random purgatory between Constructed and Limited.

Is Firewing Phoenix bananas in Limited? Yes it is, because removal and fliers are at a premium there. Is it the same in Constructed? Not really (because of the hefty recursion cost and non-haste), because just about every deck is packing some kind of removal.

Yes, the jump from a 4/1 to a 4/2 is pretty significant. So is the jump from a high school football team to the Cleveland Browns.

In case you're not a football fan or were blessed enough to grow up in a house that weren't Browns fans, the Browns, though significantly better than a high school football team, are still pretty terrible.
The patch weights 140mb? that's way to much for just Yeva, Phoenix and the Serra Ascendant, i guess the info for the next dlc is on the patch too?

I believe they already included additional files for the expansion. In DOTP12, I bought the expansion key but not able to see the decks which I realized that I should also install the patch. This should also be the same way

Also, I hope that there are many bugs fixed this time.
At least it can survive a Fume Spitter and tangle with a lone Squadron Hawk now. Hooray!

And your own Rain of Embers 

but seriously, I think it's a pretty good option in Planechase.
I really liked yevas old toughness.. oh well.

I'm going to see how much I can leverage Wild Pair now.  Maybe this will be work, maybe not.  Figure I'll run all the 8-totals, all the 2-totals for the ramp, throw in some 4-totals like Yeva's Forcemage (which is also an 8-total) and Fauna Shaman.  We'll see.

here, how about this on short notice?
"Wild Pair" library
for Ancient Wilds (Yeva): 35 picks, 60 cards
erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~?DqudK~~Starter~~3AOYQoU~~1?5mB7r~~3=pSCUd~~2ApbP4d~~3=owpJ7~~1?y6CmE~~2B?vxgc~~2BCasOY~~2BW7QYi~~3=UrVuh~~1BLmKQ=~~1?tFJvV~~2AMztfB~~2?dZYzY~~1AXAkyI~~2BVEx5M~~2B?bk5f~~1A1nyUk~~1AUP0ah~~))))))))

2 cost
   3x Elvish Visionary
   1x Fauna Shaman
3 cost
   1x Awakener Druid
   1x Carven Caryatid
   2x Manaplasm
   1x Spawnwrithe
   3x Wood Elves
   2x Yeva's Forcemage
4 cost
   3x Roaring Primadox
   2x Vengevine
   1x Wolfbriar Elemental
   1x Yeva, Nature's Herald
   2x Erratic Portal
   2x Natural Order
5 cost
   2x Acidic Slime
   2x Stingerfling Spider
   2x Thragtusk
6 cost
   3x Wild Pair
8 cost
   1x Gigantomancer

And patch for rage quiiters finally now people who are competitive can compete Zhengzhou see who the best is now
Sorry typing on a tablet
1st>>>>>Yesssssssss Now you gotta use real skill to play with life gain. Kinda sad cuz now less cowards will pick life gain. It was easy for me to beat cuz onec I remove the 6/6 flyer the person became Sh**.. Now that they fix I might feel threaten when someone pick it cuz maybe they hav awsome skill 2 still use it.
Oh well every I let myself feel threaten by anybody so I never underestimate opponents, but l use to and still will Laugh at Life gain. It was a joke before update and now its even more of a joke. 

2nd What do you mean they fix Rage quiters,what did they do to handle that?
They also fixed the Hostility's bug: before this patch, once I summoned any 3/1 Elemental, the game would go into the Combat Phase immediately.

I hope it is not the only one of those bugs.

Firewing pohenix was already awesome, a 4 power flier for 4 mana is great! I never really used its ability but it can clearly make a difference in a long game. 

It seems like they didn't fix bugs with the update, cephalid broker is still drawing me 4 cards instead of 2 and I'm still loving it. :D

Regarding the phoenix, at worst, it's a 4/2 flying for 4CMC (Not too bad)
At best, if you ever play nothing on your turn, and have 4 open mana during your opponents turn, you can get back the card into your hand, giving you card advantage.

It can trade very decently, can deal lots of damage if you're trying to race. It's quite a good card, except versus first strike creatures (It's not like there's lots of first strike creatures in the decks, so you'll almost always trade, and that trade is (very) good in the long run for you)