So, who at wizards is getting fired?

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well?

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

it seems this was a store owner opening the product early

so I guess him/her
proud member of the 2011 community team
I hope it's one of the guys who work at my card shop...They're all dicks.
it seems this was a store owner opening the product early

so I guess him/her

Yeah, seems like a really stupid risk seeing that this is a breach of contract. I wouldn't mess around doing this kind of thing as a store owner. Now, as a regular guy who somehow came into a box early, I would.
Where did this information come from?
I need to open a store so I can steal cards.
I like it better when this doesn't happen. This is way too much information to process right now.
Where did this information come from?

Simply because this question didn't get answered.  What's the source behind the store owner story?

Rules Advisor

At least, they weren't all rares. Were they?
No, mostly commons/Uncommons.  

But not being rares doesn't mean anything.  Uncommons and even commons are still format defining, and when it comes to Limited they are the cards you want to be paying the most attention to. 
Is Wizards upset at the massive spoiler dump?

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

I was actually thinking of the first cache of Ravnica packs, in which common and rare slots were mixed up. ;)

Yeah, they usually are. They like to release cards in a way that gets people excited about the set.
Well, they should just make the pre-realease this weekend now then since its all out there.
I'd like to see an article about this leak sometime tonight on Daily. Just to hear what Wiz has to say.
Honestly, it's a matter of Wizards being anal about their poor structure of spoiler season. The spoiler dump always happens 2 weeks before a set is released, because that's when the product goes out. Frankly, rather than making a stink about it, they should just start spoiler season earlier and be more consistent.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
I'd like to see an article about this leak sometime tonight on Daily. Just to hear what Wiz has to say.

There are legal reasons not to mention it. Expect little more than "we are aware of it. We disapprove." and an Explantion of why revealing the cards slowly is important.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Part of the reason spoiler season is really slow is that a good chunk of the casual crowd that actually has more money than sense will preorder a box or boxes, regardless of if they have seen anything. Meaning if they happen across a full spoiler 3 weeks ahead of time and they dislike what they are seeing they have the ability to cancel the order they placed which annoys store owners and cuts into profit for wizards. Wizards slow rolls the previews to build hype so that the average consume is more likely to say oooooh I want that card NOW and throw away your expendable funds.

Admittedly this set has the shock lands in it so the people in the know will be buying insane amounts of boxes since there is a pretty decent secondary market for such cards even especially initally. So a mega spoiler by a store owner atm isnt going to affect much of the outcome right now
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
The full preview is usually posted roughly 2 weeks before it seems to me.  This is only a week off and there's still a few left to go.  It doesn't seem as big a deal as last time where wasn't it like a month earlier than intended?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
It's nice to only have 4-5 previews a day.  I can't remember half of the spoilers i've read today haha.   
I know they are trying to slow standard down and all , but crimeny Ive seen more 6+cc in so many cards in this set...Im begining to wonder..
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
Tower Drake definitely isn't forgettable.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
It's nice to only have 4-5 previews a day.  I can't remember half of the spoilers i've read today haha.   

It doesn't help that most of them are forgetable to begin with.  But I guess Limited does need its filler...

Limited is the best!  You're screwed if you forget all the commons/uncommons!   

Yeah, they usually are. They like to release cards in a way that gets people excited about the set.

When the NPH godbook was spoiled, WotC banned the guy who spoiled it from participating in Magic tournaments for like, a year.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I know they are trying to slow standard down and all , but crimeny Ive seen more 6+cc in so many cards in this set...Im begining to wonder..

Can't slow standard when they print sets like Avacyn restored that has so many 3-4 cmc drops that have amazing playability! IE: undying.

Yeah, but they are commons, which means WIzards is trying to slow down limited. Only really powerful and (mana) expensive cards slow down standard (and even then, only if there are effective ways of delaying until then). Most of the 6+ CMC cards are for limited use only.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!