Rakdos Aggro

320 posts / 0 new
Last post
Now that most of the set has been spoiled i migh as well share my take on rakdos aggro. I believe it will have a good chance of punishing any deck that has slower starts while being able to race other aggro decks. The whole goal of this deck is to get them to 0 as fast as possible. 

also i believe they will give us a rakdos one drop hybrid, hopefully something with haste so that will go into this slot as well.

creatures
one drops x12
stromkirk noble x4
vexing devil x4
rakdos cackler x4

two drops x10
ash zealot x4
rakdos shred-freak x4
rix madi guildmage x2 

3 drops x4
hellhole flailer x4

4 drops x1
falkenrath aristocrat x1

spells x11
searing spear x3
dread bore x3
pillar of flame x2
brimstone volleyx3

38 total

land x22
blood crypt x4
dragonskull summit x4
mountain x8
swamp x6

sideboard
rakdos charm x4
vile rebirth x2
pillar of flame x2
electrickery x2
rakdos keyrunex3
traitorous blood x2

so far it seems pretty fast from the looks of it. I feel like i need some 3 drops maybe even a four drop like Rakdos himself? please feel free to comment.
the greatest hand would be them playing a shock land turn 1, taking 2, i play a vexing devil and they take the 4 and start on their turn with 14 life. Seems pretty sick and if i can follow it with a hasted 1 or 2 drop it may be enough pressure to win
The Rakdos one-drop is a B/R 1/1 with unleash. Sucks.

You need a couple of Sign in Blood and to up your swamp count. Otherwise your hand's going to run empty in the first three or four turns and you're going to stall out on land draws.

Yeah, Rakdos would fit right in with this deck. Again, you'd need a couple more swamps--10 black sources won't be enough to guarantee a turn 4 play.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

hmm a one drop 2/2 seems alright to me, but still isn't amazing that's for sure. hmm i like the idea of sign in blood but is it too slow? do you have any idea what 3 drop i should be playing? i know fervant cathar is really janky but a 2/1 with haste that can make somone unblockable may be good?! 

any and all ideas are welcome.  
RtR three drops:

Cryptborn horror... maybe? If you're dealing lots of damage, it could potentially hit the curve or hit below your curve.

Splatter Thug is a 2/2 Unleash for 2R with first strike... basically a 3/3 first strike. Not bad. I'm only running it in limited formats though.

yes those are pretty lack luster to me.
Any thoughts on the rakdos keyrune? seem like a solid finisher that can kill most things with its first strike and a 3/1 body.

also what are the opinions of running nivmagus elental? use stuff like giestflame, and maybe other cheap burn spells or even pitch a useless dreadbore with him? it also blankets counterspells agaisnt my burn. i can just imagine a turn one nivmagus into a turn 2 either a hasty guy or just eat a giestflame and put them to 17, and then lay another one drop? seems pretty cool. just my daydreaming of course 
I really like nivmagus, but I don't seem him in this deck. He has a place in a Delver variant somewhere.  You wouldn't want to pitch a Dreadbore at him because you want to keep decent removal... like, if nothing on the board's worth killing, you're probably not in a position where you need to remove an unresolved spell from the game.

yes that is true. 
okay i just found the three drop for this deck
Hellhole flailer
RB1
unleash
3/2
RB2 ability sac this guy and deal damage equal to power to target player.

This guy seems real legit and has great reach.  
Yeah, ahead of curve. Do you playtest live? I know some people that scrawl card names on the back of useless cards and build test decks that way. I'd be curious to see how the playtest pans out.

On the keyrune: could be cool. Mana fixing and 3-power first strike? nice. I wouldn't put 4-of though. 

Me and my room mate are going to start playtesting as soon as all the cards are spoiled, either live or on a card playing website ( i don't think i am allowed to name it) 
in theory it seems like a solid deck to me, hit them quick and then have burn for the late game reach. the keyrune seems like it could really be good as maybe a 2 of in the deck as it helps play rakdos and can allow more burn spells to played on one turn. 

You need a couple of Sign in Blood and to up your swamp count. Otherwise your hand's going to run empty in the first three or four turns and you're going to stall out on land draws.

Yeah, Rakdos would fit right in with this deck. Again, you'd need a couple more swamps--10 black sources won't be enough to guarantee a turn 4 play.

these are things to disregard:

how is a 2/2 for 1 in red ever bad?  ever?

card drawing for aggro decks is usually bad.  the only reason zombies does it now is to fill out its curve and draw into messangers

i think there are better 4 drops than rakdos to consider 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

yes i think another 4  drop may be better than rakdos. maybe hellrider? it fits the haste theme, and can get damage through even if there are blockers
I stopped reading when i saw someone say the 1 drop unleash dudeis bad. Nothing to say but you are dumb. Hes great. Run 4 in ur aggro decks.
In fact get lots of red and black dudes and run the new bonesplitter. Aristocrat is sick. Run it. Works with a lot of the rakdos drops.
Decklist needs less.removal and more dudes.

I sure hate posting on my phone.

(at)MrEnglish22

these are things to disregard:

how is a 2/2 for 1 in red ever bad?  ever?

card drawing for aggro decks is usually bad.  the only reason zombies does it now is to fill out its curve and draw into messangers

A 2/2 for 1 sucks when there's a better alternative like Diregraf Ghoul. IMO the potential to go R or B to cast isn't worth it, but this is my first time playing with that kind of mechanic. I'd still run Diregraf over this in a heartbeat.

How is card draw bad in aggro?

You are bad and should feel bad for that. We have bonesplitter for multicolor. And not blocking doesnt matter. If you need me to explain i can when im not on my phone but i shouldnt need to.

Also that crypt horror dudr is garbage.run the dude that flings himself as ur 3 drop. Again can explain later but my thumb hurts

(at)MrEnglish22

I actually feel pretty good about myself. I feel bad for you though, since it seems like you only operate on "Agree with me you're smart" or "Disagree with me you're dumb." You're like an Asperger troll. Ice your thumb and come back with some manners.

Outside opinion on this discussion: I think that you two are looking at Rakdos in different ways. The Cackler is great in Rakdos decks that emphasize the burn-y, more Red aspects of the combo, while if you're going for the discard enchant and big endgame Rakdos fatties (like Rakdos himself), that Ghoul is a better choice.

However, I gotta say that Cackler is just great. He doesn't HAVE to not be able to block, you can always choose to have him as a normal 1/1 if you're playing against something that operates faster than you...
rather than wasting time (tempo) on drawing a card, you're better off playing more threats or answers/burn.  prolonging the game means you have less chance of winning.  spending a turn drawing cards slows you down unneccessarily.  

truth be told, most people know i'm not an aggro expert, i do control.  but what i've heard from people better than me is that it isn't good to run unless its obviusly really good and overpowered (think draw spells from affinity)

i'm sure people more well versed in such things can give better insight.  all i can do is point people in the direction of going back and reading why browbeat is a bad card (so also see vexing devil and why it is awful).  i've never lost a game to anyone playing vexing devil.  EVER. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

Photobucket

Why is Vexing Devil so bad? 4 burn for 1, then you keep the tempo going. They're not too bad to topdeck, either...
I actually feel pretty good about myself. I feel bad for you though, since it seems like you only operate on "Agree with me you're smart" or "Disagree with me you're dumb." You're like an Asperger troll. Ice your thumb and come back with some manners.

It was mostly paraphrasing because posting from my phone is a pain. But yeah, if you think blocking matters in the most aggressive archtype of a format, then you need to go learn a lot more about Magic. Then again, you made crummy suggestions in the Zombies thread, too. Also, comparing me to an Asperger troll is kinda lacking manners as well, and I actually know one of those IRL. Not fun to be around.

Being multicolor matters. It means that it dodges what will be one of the primary removal spells of the format. Being able to block shouldn't matter. If you are blocking, then you are losing the race, which means you are losing the game. It might be the correct call to run all the 1-drops that matter (Diregraf, Gravecrawler, Stromkirk, and the new d00d whose name doesn't matter beyond "unleash 1-drop). But if I had to chose 2 out of three, it would be Stromkirk and new d00d. Only time I wouldn't is if I were wanting to be more dedicated Zombies, but that deck is probably better off as just a BG midrange deck.
Bonesplitter is a very solid piece of equipment for an aggro deck, and going from Bonesplitter to an overexpensive Shuko matters a lot, just like the difference between 2 and 3 toughness (or in RtR standard, 4 and 5. again, can explain more)

The reason I say Cryptborn Horror is bad because well, it kinda just is. Relying on something you have very, very little control over (the amount of damage you can reliably do) isn't a good thing. Its nice to have Trample, but unless you are planning on casting your 3-drop on turn 5, he won't usually be better than a 3 power in a lot of cases. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but the reach provided by the 3-drop Unleash dude (he can fling himself)

And since it kind of relates to this topic, I'm going to plot out how I see (and how Wizards most likely sees) the spectrum of the guilds in terms of aggression, in deacreasing order:

Rakdos -> Golgari -> Selesnya -> Izzet -> Azorious

By this, I mean that Rakdos will be the pure aggro deck, Golgari will be the "going over" aggro deck, where it will go over the most aggressive deck while still having a serious clock. Selesnya will be your standard midrange, with things like Centaur Healer, Resto Angel, Thragtusk, Silverheart, and some mana dorks to push it out before they die. Izzet and Azorious are the control colors, but Izzet gets the aggression nod for being in red.

(at)MrEnglish22

Cryptborn Horror can't be used to curve out reliably at all. I really dislike the card, to be honest. I would have preferred another flier instead of a trampler...

It was mostly paraphrasing because posting from my phone is a pain. But yeah, if you think blocking matters in the most aggressive archtype of a format, then you need to go learn a lot more about Magic. Then again, you made crummy suggestions in the Zombies thread, too. Also, comparing me to an Asperger troll is kinda lacking manners as well, and I actually know one of those IRL. Not fun to be around.

Being multicolor matters. It means that it dodges what will be one of the primary removal spells of the format. Being able to block shouldn't matter. If you are blocking, then you are losing the race, which means you are losing the game. It might be the correct call to run all the 1-drops that matter (Diregraf, Gravecrawler, Stromkirk, and the new d00d whose name doesn't matter beyond "unleash 1-drop). But if I had to chose 2 out of three, it would be Stromkirk and new d00d. Only time I wouldn't is if I were wanting to be more dedicated Zombies, but that deck is probably better off as just a BG midrange deck.
Bonesplitter is a very solid piece of equipment for an aggro deck, and going from Bonesplitter to an overexpensive Shuko matters a lot, just like the difference between 2 and 3 toughness (or in RtR standard, 4 and 5. again, can explain more)

The reason I say Cryptborn Horror is bad because well, it kinda just is. Relying on something you have very, very little control over (the amount of damage you can reliably do) isn't a good thing. Its nice to have Trample, but unless you are planning on casting your 3-drop on turn 5, he won't usually be better than a 3 power in a lot of cases. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but the reach provided by the 3-drop Unleash dude (he can fling himself)

And since it kind of relates to this topic, I'm going to plot out how I see (and how Wizards most likely sees) the spectrum of the guilds in terms of aggression, in deacreasing order:

Rakdos -> Golgari -> Selesnya -> Izzet -> Azorious

By this, I mean that Rakdos will be the pure aggro deck, Golgari will be the "going over" aggro deck, where it will go over the most aggressive deck while still having a serious clock. Selesnya will be your standard midrange, with things like Centaur Healer, Resto Angel, Thragtusk, Silverheart, and some mana dorks to push it out before they die. Izzet and Azorious are the control colors, but Izzet gets the aggression nod for being in red.

You posted all that? For me? With a sore thumb? I'm flattered. Kiss

As for the zombie thread, you're the one who pointed out when I was right... except you did it in this creepy paranoid way of assuming I went back and edited pointless posts. 

I've already said I'm new to this format, and you and a couple of other posters basically bash anyone who says something you don't agree with. It's pointless and pathetic. The fact that you can actually post something helpful makes it even worse, because it's clear you could be better than that and you're choosing not to.

On another note, Vexing Devil is bad. It's not a burn spell or a creature, it's letting your opponent control your board.  

Can someone please give me an example of a situation where playing Vexing Devil would hurt my game? 
You have top-decking against a control deck like UW that has just wiped your board with the uncounterable wipe....you then top deck a Vexing Devil in a situation where you kind of want a creature, and you burn them for 4, thats not really value. If you can trick the opponent into letting it get sac'd and then Brimstone Volleying them for a total of 9, then it is value, but that will happen only a very select few times, and most likely not against very good players who just kind of walk into it.
You have top-decking against a control deck like UW that has just wiped your board with the uncounterable wipe....you then top deck a Vexing Devil in a situation where you kind of want a creature, and you burn them for 4, thats not really value. If you can trick the opponent into letting it get sac'd and then Brimstone Volleying them for a total of 9, then it is value, but that will happen only a very select few times, and most likely not against very good players who just kind of walk into it.

Okay, thank you, that gives me some context, but what would be a better pick in a very red-focused B/R deck?
the new pseudo 2/2 for 1 and stromkirk noble are both fine 1 drops for heavy red rakdos

Photobucket

Stormkirk feels much more sideboard-y
Very interesting ideas from everyone!
I have updated the original list.

key changes
added the 2/2 1 drop, he is simply amazing and can't wait to play him
added the 3 drop that flings himself, i beleive he will be a very solid finisher, i can imagine turn 4 swing with him, then sace him for 8 damage. sounds too good to be true.
added falkenrath, i am not sure if i want her or hellrider, falkenrath has pretty good evasion and a psuedo protection so that may give it the edge

took out bump in the night, missium mortors ( i am not sure if it will help this deck or not suggestions are welcomed) and other filler cards

also i need help on the sideboard
so far all i can think of is 4 rakdos charms, and yes i said 4 it does nearly everything that a sideboard card does, hates graveyard, hates artifacts and can hit token decks/ decks with tons of creatures. 

as for vexing devil
really the only reason i play him is for him to be played from the turns 2-5, them taking 4 damage to the face is awesome and what i really want them to do, but a 4/3 for 1 mana is amazing, sure the whole " well they have an answer for it so thats why they let it hit" but that does leave my other guys room to live. Like playing him turn 4 while having a hellhole flailer out is pretty absurb if they don't have a wraith effect, and if i am topdecking past turn 6 i really have very little chance of winning with an aggro deck. like shocklands make this guy super special, they play like a blood crypt, take 2 then play a guy, i will 100% of the time play the vexing devil on my turn and happily let them take 4 and if they (let it live its a 4/3 ON TURN ONE). they are at 14 by the end of turn 1... if that isn't worth it then i don't know what is ( also don't say that this will never happen, cause you know how much people love their shocklands i am looking at you jund )
how is a 2/2 for 1 in red ever bad?  ever?   <- this="" br="">

Actually card drawing in aggro is also never bad since card advantage is always card advantage. However, there may be better choices. Sign in blood is great because you can also use it to finish off opponent if it comes to that. Carddraw in aggro is more about avoiding the phenomenon known since the dawn of magic as "running out of steam".

The best 4-drop in a vacuum is imo Falkenrath aristocrat, since aggros must always plan on opponent playing mass removal. A card thats at least somewhat resistant to supreme verdict is in my opinion a great one. It also has haste so you wont lose a beat if your other creatures are killed and you topdeck an aristocrat. It also flies, and evasion is HUGE in aggrodecks. 

Because of mass removal, I think people are overlooking rakdos keyrune. It dodges terminus, verdict, and many more sorcery speed removal. It has first strike so it doesn't auto-lose against spirit tokens. It would actually be my 3-drop of choice, besides the self-flinging guy. Definitely consider playing it. (And the discussion what it actually is according to its flavortext... gotta have one of those) 

And never even consider  playing cryptborn horror. That card is noobbait. 

The onedrops that I would use are Diregraf ghoul and Rakdos cackling. Noble isn't actually very good. Cackling has also less chance of being screwed over by your lands on the first turn. 

edit: 2-drops: Gore-house chainwalker is also an option. I think it might be better option than shred-freak, but I'm not sure. Shred-freak only has 1 toughness which makes me wary of it. 

edit edit: There is also lightning mauler if we want to give haste to a creature that doesn't already have it? If cyclonic rift becomes a problem this might be a thing.  And cyclonic rift is bonkers. 
"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Proud member of the Rakdos guild
To EnigmaTrain (and to a lesser extent BloodArtist):

Re: Stromkirk Noble

The cannot be blocked by humans factor is negligible. That is not why you run him. If it happens to be relevant then yay if not it really is no big deal.  What you play him for is the fact that he grows so much. As soon as he hits the board your opponents are on a clock because as long as he hits your opponent he grows. Deal with him or die.

Even beyond the pure stats of a card he worries your opponent into making plays that they wouldnt normally make. They'll make poor plays or bad trades to get rid of it because of what it can become. When I played RDW for a while last year Stromkirk on T1 usually signalled my winning. It got to the point where my opponents usually swore when it came down. The card wins matches, what more do you need to know? 
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
Check out my list in the other thread it's awesome.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

You posted all that? For me? With a sore thumb? I'm flattered. 

As for the zombie thread, you're the one who pointed out when I was right... except you did it in this creepy paranoid way of assuming I went back and edited pointless posts. 

I've already said I'm new to this format, and you and a couple of other posters basically bash anyone who says something you don't agree with. It's pointless and pathetic. The fact that you can actually post something helpful makes it even worse, because it's clear you could be better than that and you're choosing not to.

On another note, Vexing Devil is bad. It's not a burn spell or a creature, it's letting your opponent control your board.  

I actually managed to get to a computer. But yes, my thumb was still sore at the time of writing. Thankfully, I don't really use my tumbs to type.

And yea, I did point out some stuff you said was right, but I don't think Liliana really has a home in standard, nor will she find one unless the next set gives us some really powerful Planeswalkers. Like Elspeth 1.0 powerful. She's too slow for a rather bleh gain. Her ultimate will combo well with Rakdos's Return if you can ever live long enough to use it, but you rarely will currently. 

It isn't so much that we bash, its more that a lot of the regulars have seen way, WAY too many new players who assume they are the next Finkle or Tiago or what have you and refuse to listen to completely sound adivce on deckbuilding (such as "you shouldn't run 16 land in your ramp deck" or "you really don't want to play Scathe Zombies") and people generally respond to the excessive bashing combined with sound reason than bash-free reason. So it isn't because we aren't trying to be nice, we are just trying to be efficent about it.
And trust me, I'm generally very happy to be wrong. Unless its something like "Tibalt is a steal at 25 dollars a playset" (*cough*Islands)

Vexing Devil isn't a real creature. Its Lava Spike with a drawback.

Disagree. Been trying it in BR zombies to see how good he is, and have yet to be dissapointed beyond the fact he isn't a Zombie. 

(at)MrEnglish22

@bloodartist

the gore-house chainwalker is interesting but what i don't like about it is it not having haste. I want my two drops hitting on turn 2 thus why i have 8 of them with haste. a 3/2 2 drop that has to survive a turn then actually not get chumped when it does attack really slows down the deck. the shred freak has already hit for 2 damage and is looking in on another 2 by the time the gore-house is attacking, but i do think it is an interesting card. 

also at the keyrune, i am really tempted to play it but i have no idea where it would go. it seems really solid but is it up with the speed of the rest of the deck?

at the topic of sign in blood  or any card draw in general. from what i have observed in old rdw decks, even in the modern ones of today is that they are super fast but they don't use card draw at all. i think the object of this deck is to play like a version of sligh where it taps out everyturn and is swinging with every turn, if i am spending my time drawing instead of playing i don't think i am doing it right. but feel free to give your suggestions as well. 

You posted all that? For me? With a sore thumb? I'm flattered. 

I actually managed to get to a computer. But yes, my thumb was still sore at the time of writing. Thankfully, I don't really use my tumbs to type.

And yea, I did point out some stuff you said was right, but I don't think Liliana really has a home in standard, nor will she find one unless the next set gives us some really powerful Planeswalkers. Like Elspeth 1.0 powerful. She's too slow for a rather bleh gain. Her ultimate will combo well with Rakdos's Return if you can ever live long enough to use it, but you rarely will currently. 

It isn't so much that we bash, its more that a lot of the regulars have seen way, WAY too many new players who assume they are the next Finkle or Tiago or what have you and refuse to listen to completely sound adivce on deckbuilding (such as "you shouldn't run 16 land in your ramp deck" or "you really don't want to play Scathe Zombies") and people generally respond to the excessive bashing combined with sound reason than bash-free reason. So it isn't because we aren't trying to be nice, we are just trying to be efficent about it.
And trust me, I'm generally very happy to be wrong. Unless its something like "Tibalt is a steal at 25 dollars a playset" (*cough*Islands)

Vexing Devil isn't a real creature. Its Lava Spike with a drawback.

Disagree. Been trying it in BR zombies to see how good he is, and have yet to be dissapointed beyond the fact he isn't a Zombie. 

This makes no sense. It would maybe make a warped kind of sense if all bashing included sound advice. 90% of harassment posts stop at bashing. Maybe you've unconsciously taken your argument to another absurd level, and think it's even more efficient to just bash and nix any advice?

I don't think new players think they're the next Finkel, that's an unfounded assumption. I think they're excited about finding a new combo and want to share it and see what other people think. Which doesn't call for your "efficient bashing" BS, it calls for a simple discussion. Which is what the forums are for. New players are still in the honeymoon phase with magic, and I feel like that deserves encouragement and tolerance, not trolling. 

On top of that, had you read the thread, you would've seen I never declared I was the next mtg prodigy and was candid about admitting, after thought and discussion, I was wrong about Liliana/Timmy... though in retrospect I had more of a midrange deck in mind than the aggro deck everyone was discussing. The point is, there's just as much "oh look someone posted something I think is dumb so I'm going to skip the rest of the thread and post I think they're dumb" as there is just plain ol' meaningless bashing.

It's like I said: you're clearly capable of posting something educational and forum/poster-beneficial. And from what I've seen of your posts, you usually choose not to. 

Back to the deck:

I don't think Lightning Mauler will do much for your deck, since you're rarely going to swing with it and already have a lot of haste. What are you looking at for sideboard? I kiond of want to include Vile Rebirth for mirror/zombie matches. You have enough removal, and that instant speed seems relevant.

vile rebirth does sound really interesting!!! to be honest i don't know what to expect in my meta, i believe there will be a lot zombie decks, as well as many green/x decks as everyone loves their green.  delver isn't really that big in my area, a lot of home brews really, but the people that are good will probably be playing zombies and jund. if that helps any with helping on the sideboard. 

Back to the deck:

I don't think Lightning Mauler will do much for your deck, since you're rarely going to swing with it and already have a lot of haste. What are you looking at for sideboard? I kiond of want to include Vile Rebirth for mirror/zombie matches. You have enough removal, and that instant speed seems relevant.

Try surfing on a phone, and you'll realize why a lot of a thread will get skipped. Surfing the forums is a pain on a phone, and its hard to go back and look at things. So you take the things that stand out as being bad the most (like a 2/2 that can't block sucks) and talk about those.
There have been enough people to come to these forums during my time here who make unfounded statements about things they are clearly wrong about, or those who think that they have been playing for 1-2 years, which means they know as much or more than people who have been playing 5-10 times that long. Sure, there is a lot of meaningless bashing, but its because we're jerks, welcome to the Internet. Doesn't mean that it isn't incorrect to say if you think a 2/2 for 1 that can't block is bad means that you need to learn more about Magic. If you think that most of my posts don't have relevant information, then you must be missing a lot of what I say. 

As for your suggestions for the deck, Lightning Mauler is a good one, definitely better than the guildmage. Not sure if I want to mess with sideboarding too much, but Vile Rebirth seems like a good card for zombies mirrors and the like. The best play you can make against Zombies is to give yourself a blocker while getting rid of Gravecrawlers and Messengers. If you are expecting to play against Zombies, you will need four Pillar of Flame. I'd comment on what you will need for Jund decks, but I'm still not 100% sure how I will sideboard for them because the color combo has so many good cards and so many good deck options that you could play against a zombie midrange Jund that is black based then next round go against a green based one with bonfires, ramp dorks, and wolfir silverheart.
All I can say is that making them pay the Ultimate Price (I can't wait to say that all the time) is going to be a good idea.

I really wish we still had Celestial Purge. A lot.

(at)MrEnglish22

lightning mauler is really cool but it isn't always gaurenteed to hit with haste which is something i am looking for. the guildmage seems like a super star, shrinking guys as well as putting more damage into every turn seems pretty solid. 

of course pillar will be maxed out, it is such a hoser to most decks. and i like vile rebirth it seems super techy against zombies.

what do yall think about the mana base so far? and other suggestions to the deck and such?  
@bloodartist

the gore-house chainwalker is interesting but what i don't like about it is it not having haste. I want my two drops hitting on turn 2 thus why i have 8 of them with haste. a 3/2 2 drop that has to survive a turn then actually not get chumped when it does attack really slows down the deck. the shred freak has already hit for 2 damage and is looking in on another 2 by the time the gore-house is attacking, but i do think it is an interesting card. 

And what prevents your shred-freak from being chumped? At least chainwalker survives connecting with a spirit token. Opponent can for example start: overgrown tomb, arbor elf. In this case even the cackler is better than the shred-freak. Also when I mentioned lightning mauler I was thinking of chainwalker. Mauler can also give haste to a cackling etc thats drawn in turns 3+. Don't think that you ALWAYS draw your creatures in the optimal order. 

Strictly better 2-drop than shred-freak is ash zealot though. 

That said, I am not yet sure whats the best permutation of creatures for rakdos aggro yet. All I know is that I want to play rakdos cackling + diregraf ghoul (and propably ash zealot) in it. 

also at the keyrune, i am really tempted to play it but i have no idea where it would go. it seems really solid but is it up with the speed of the rest of the deck?

Don't think that there is only one optimal version of a deck. Keyrune is good if your local meta has several decks with mass removal. Adjust your deck slightly according to your metagame. If UW control is in the rise I would play the keyrune over the flailer. 

I don't claim to know the best version of rakdos aggro yet, so I won't press the sign in blood issue, but we should definitely keep it in mind. Aggros  lose when they run out of cards to play. And when in topdeck mode, control/midrange decks simply have better cards. I will propably play 2-3. Never 4 though, since you dont want to have multiples of them in your opening hand.

edit: regarding the manabase, I havent thought much about it yet, but I value evolving wilds over the rakdos guildgate [no matter how stylish the gate is..) because the gate on turn 1 will not allow you to play a dragonskull summit on turn 2 untapped. Evolving wilds does. 
i agree that the gore house is a pretty good guy but he isn't swining until turn 3 which leaves 2 damage off the table while i could have attacked with shred freak. like if they chump with an arbor elf i am winning cause the only deck playing elves need the guy to ramp. i guess what i am saying is that this deck should have a 1 drop and then 2 drop should be a haster. if they can chump block both then i am impressed but if not one of those guys is getting through for damage. But i am not by any means turning down the gore house, but wouldn't crimson muckwalker be better?? its the same p/t and it can regen itself as well as block. i know the close of ' needs a swamp" but that isn't too hard to achieve in this deck.
i think i will try the keyrune as soon as i can and see how it works. i am just so uncertain of my meta that i don't know if it will be good or not. My meta is a bunch of people playing green/x decks so not really controlly, maybe its a great sideboard just in case i run into control/ midragne?

and of course i do know that optimal hands will not always come but have 8 two drops with haste is definitly better than just 4 ie having just the ashe. i firmly believe speed will win out against pure strength in that the faster i get them closer to 0 the less probability of them being able to stablize and my burn can carry me to wins. 

But again i am always open to ideas and who knows, maybe that gore will be bonkers and i will end up playing it and will be thanking you for it ! Laughing
But i am not by any means turning down the gore house, but wouldn't crimson muckwalker be better??

You're right, it would. 
ha its all good. maybe a deck that has super good 2 drops like muckwalker and gore house can be plausible one day?
updated the sideboard! 

so far from testing i have easily been winning. granted i haven't really played any teir 1 decks like B/g zombies and delver. Mostly people are playing homebrews but i have been winning around turn 4-5 pretty consistantly. i will say this deck punishes any deck with out removal and has no real board interactions. i have only lost to a G/W midrange deck but i did have bad draws. 

notes
hellhole is simply nuts. once it play it and hit that 4th land on turn 4 he becomes super scary. he soaks up so much removal its crazy and my smaller guys can just ping them away.

guildmage
so far i haven't really been impressed. his first ability is crazy.. when you have the mana to actually do it... he second ability is really lack luster so far. he is on the chopping block.

brimstone volley is nuts, this plays like a suicide deck and throwing 5 damage for every guy that dies is pretty sweet.

more testing results will come but i think this can compete very well in the new meta as it puts most decks on quick clocks.