[RTR-ICD] Fall of the Gavel

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fall of the Gavel
Instant
Counter target spell. You gain 5 life.
"My ruling is final, order is upheld, justice is done."

ahahah more bad counterspells

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
it's not that bad
Rarity please.

L1 Judge

Uncommon.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Absorb rolled in its grave.

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

Absorb next
So bad when compared to Absorb
I miss Absorb
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
eww 5 mana.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Eeh, too expensive.
Okay, counterspells are going the exact same direction as land destruction.
i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r639/daygl0...

Has there ever been a good five mana counterspell? I can think of good four mana ones, but not five. 

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Has there ever been a good five mana counterspell? I can think of good four mana ones, but not five. 

Force of Will, but I'm not sure anyone in the history of magic has ever paid the five mana.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

GACK!!

That is all.

"We wlll kill them all."

At least it has a cool name.

I found a Newt Gingrich signed Gavel in the back of a Goodwill one time. It is my one prized possession.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

Force of Will, but I'm not sure anyone in the history of magic has ever paid the five mana.

It happens more than you'd think.
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Traumatic Visions is quite good and underrated in multicolored EDH. To be fair, though, that's only because it has basic landcycling as an option. But that makes it amazing in EDH.
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Traumatic Visions is quite good and underrated in multicolored EDH. To be fair, though, that's only because it has basic landcycling as an option. But that makes it amazing in EDH.

I actually used Traumatic Visions in Standard.
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
I wasn't playing much Standard at the time. Good on you
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
No double-U in a counterspell cost is freaking me out maaaaaaaan

I've noticed this, and it's annoying. New players don't like using strategy, so nobody else should either. It takes too much skill to play against counter spells so Wizards seems to have just decided to totally nerf counters and make the game entirely about creatures fighting.
poor counterspells. :c
Kinda ok in limited.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
This is a wasted uncommon slot.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13

I've noticed this, and it's annoying. New players don't like using strategy, so nobody else should either. It takes too much skill to play against counter spells so Wizards seems to have just decided to totally nerf counters and make the game entirely about creatures fighting.

Two words: Play aggro. You will get a threat through, and the counter player won't be able to do a thing about it. Counterintuitive (pardon the pun), but spamming works.

Yeah, this is really unfair to control decks.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

I'm quite fond of Desertion, but not so much for the counterspell part, more for the can't be disenchanted Control Magic part.
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.

Aside from Force of Will, Decree of Silence and Draining Whelk both saw varying levels of play.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO

I'm quite fond of Desertion, but not so much for the counterspell part, more for the can't be disenchanted Control Magic part.

Force of Will.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Two words: Play aggro. You will get a threat through, and the counter player won't be able to do a thing about it. Counterintuitive (pardon the pun), but spamming works.

Yeah, this is really unfair to control decks.

There's more to control than permission.

Besides, baiting counters is hardly the most strategic aspect of the game. 
Sign In to post comments