xbox tournament 2

208 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all I am going to start registrations now for the next xbox tournament. Please register your user ID below. The format will be similar to the football/ soccer world cup with group stages then knockout (exact number depends on them amount of interest). I will then ask for your decks, you will need 1 for each group game and cannot play the same deck more than once in the groups.

The start date for this will be Friday 28th September

Group games are best of 3 and you can sideboard after game 1 but must use the same deck. Failure to play your match gives your opponent the win, if neither player can make it both players get a loss.You will get 3 points for a win,1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss. You m ust use a different deck for each group game.

EDIT: Amended knockout stages format

In the knockout stages there will be a change of format but that can be discussed 

Any feedback on this setup would be great.

Thanks Monk

EDIT: Players registered so far, please check I have spelled your name correctly

Group A
WinsLossesDrawsPoints
CraigJ1410412
KrymsonHalo4
PrinzKillaB223
RichMerry319
BecksBiff133
Group B
WinsLossesDrawsPoints
TIMTANKTONK216
KittyCOW2
Tricko xXx3
x 7he7rooper13
EvilBuddha MC39
Group C
WinsLossesDrawsPoints
I Abuse Welfare4
The Frozen Fox113
DonBabuel216
TBx Greenguy113
iNEMESIS PRIME39
Group D
WinsLossesDrawsPoints
Lordy55113
The_Shutdown4
Dr Frobius26
ALM1GHTY13
T1n man87216

Apologies I will in fact need 4 decks from everyone. The top 2 from each group will progress to the knockout stages (see below). What is everyones opinion on the format for this part? Can I get everyones FOUR decks by the 27th, if not you will be replaced by people on the waiting list

EDIT: Ok the list is up, see pairings below

If anyone does not attempt to play their round 1 game they will be replaced

You have until Monday at 7pm GMT to play this match, 1 person in each group will not play each round.

Round 1

Group A

KrymsonHaloDROPVsBecksBiffNA2
CraigJ1410Goblin Gangland2VsRichMerryGrinning Malice

Group B

TIMTANKTONKMindstorms2VsTricko xXxAncient Wilds1
KittyCOWAncient Wilds1VsEvilBuddha MCGrinning Malice2

Group C

iNEMESIS PRIMEVsThe Frozen Fox
I Abuse WelfareDROPVsTBx GreenguyNA2

Group D

The_ShutdownVsLordy55
Dr FrobiusCrosswinds2VsT1n man87Grinning Malice1

Round

Group A

PrinzKillaBMindstormsVsRichMerryPeacekeepers2
BecksBiffObedient Dead1VsCraigJ1410Crosswinds2

Group B

TIMTANKTONKVsKittyCOW
Tricko xXxVsx 7he7rooper

Group C

I Abuse WelfareDROPVsDonBabuelNA2
TBx GreenguyVsiNEMESIS PRIME

Group D

Dr FrobiusVsALM1GHTY
T1n man87VsLordy55

EDIT: To make it easier these are the games left in each group, everyone will have until next Friday to play there games. Any issues let me know. I have also updated the group results can you check them.

Group B

TIMTANKTONK0-2VsEvilBuddha MC
TIMTANKTONKVsx 7he7rooper
KittyCOWVsTricko xXx

KittyCOWVsx 7he7rooper
Tricko xXx0-2VsEvilBuddha MC

EvilBuddha MCVsx 7he7rooper

Group C

iNEMESIS PRIMEVsTBx Greenguy
iNEMESIS PRIME2-1VsDonBabuel
The Frozen FoxVsTBx Greenguy
The Frozen FoxVsDonBabuel
TBx Greenguy0-2VsDonBabuel

Group D

Lordy55VsDr Frobius

Lordy55VsALM1GHTY

Dr FrobiusVsALM1GHTY
T1n man87VsALM1GHTY

EDIT. Lots of games unplayed but I am going to have to put through people as it stands. See top 8 below.

Quarter Finals (QF)Semmi Finals (SF)Finals
CraigJ1410
Vs
TIMTANKTONKWinner QF1
vs
iNEMESIS PRIMEWinner QF2
vs
T1n man87
Winner SF1
vsCHAMPION
Winner SF2
EvilBuddha MC
vs
RichMerryWinner QF3
vs
Dr FrobiusWinner QF4
vs
DonBabuel
I'd definately be up for some kind of tournament. 9 games each match might be a bit much for me though especially if it ended up blue control vs blue control lol. Why not just best out of 3 games with a diffent deck each game?
It's only best if 9 in the knockouts so 3 round ish, the Swiss is still best of 3, i can change it if people want
That ends up being 50ish games potentially.  That seems a little excessive.

It was hard enough the first time getting people to turn in their decks AND actually play the games, I think anything that may discourage people is rather counterproductive.
Hey I'm wondering if we're going to be allowed to use the Expansion 1 decks for this, because (I think) they're supposed to come out on the 19th.
If so, I will definitely be playing in this tourney since I didn't get to play in the last one. 
Sounds good monk, though I will wait to try out the decks and see how they play before I give you a list of what I'm going to play. Had some great matches last time, can't wait to have them again!
Hey I'm wondering if we're going to be allowed to use the Expansion 1 decks for this, because (I think) they're supposed to come out on the 19th.
If so, I will definitely be playing in this tourney since I didn't get to play in the last one. 

YES!!!!!! thats why it is 1 week after the expansion, can't wait to play with the new decks
If we're allowed to use them, then I will definitely be playing. I'm excited for the expansion and I will be grinding hard to unlock everything for the decks haha. What is the latest date that we can submit our decks?
I'll play again.
We should just do double elimination, standard random bracket.

Ill join whatever the settings are though, GT is same as my name here, zeeehmtee
you know i´ll be in in this tourney  Monk^^
I'll give it a go - TRicKo xXx
I'm most definitely down for another tournament.  Can't wait to check out the expansion decks and hopefully use at least one if not more of them in this tourney.

GT: Dr Frobious 
I'll throw my hat in, I suppose.  Not sure I'll have the new stuff unlocked yet, due to Borderlands 2 coming out, but I can always roll old school decks.

GT: KrymsonHalo 
No matter the format, I'm definitely down again.

GT: x 7he7rooper 
put me down.

Is it best of best of three in the top 8 (was it top 8?), or just best of 9?

I think it may be a few too many games, but I'm willing to try it. The final will most likely have to be played across a couple of days...
My preparation for this summed in one sentence: How to counter Golgari
Only 4 days left to register
@

do you generally make a habit of ignoring polite messages on xbox?
I'd like to put my name down again. It'll be intersting to see how the rule changes will effect the decks people pick.

GT=RichMerry 
@

Sorry! You were playing my brother (I let him log into my gametag now and then to share XBLA games). He doesnt like to respond to people when playing as me, as per my wishes. I did see you messaged me when I got on later though. I didn't intend any disrespect man.
@

Sorry! You were playing my brother (I let him log into my gametag now and then to share XBLA games). He doesnt like to respond to people when playing as me, as per my wishes. I did see you messaged me when I got on later though. I didn't intend any disrespect man.

Hey, no worries. Totally understandable.
Okay so I'm confused at how the tourney will work, mainly because I don't follow football/ soccer at all, and I don't know the format that is used in the world cup.

Could you maybe explain how it will work? 
Also, how many decks will we have to submit? 
So there will be 3, 4 or 5 people in a group, I will know the exact number on the 24th. You will play every other person in your group, you will need to submit 1 deck for each group game. The top x people from each group will progress, again depends on how many people join the tournament.
Only 3 days left to put your name down
So there will be 3, 4 or 5 people in a group, I will know the exact number on the 24th. You will play every other person in your group, you will need to submit 1 deck for each group game. The top x people from each group will progress, again depends on how many people join the tournament.

Okay so do we play those every-other people in best of 3's?
Also, how does the deck submitting work? We can only use 1 deck per best-of-3? Or can we only submit one deck to use against everybody we play in the group?
Yes all those games are best of 3, you need to submit 3 decks and cannot use the same deck more than once in the group
I think it will be 4 per group based on current number of people
Count me in. So, 3 decks total to submit or how many?
Yeah 3 total then you can choose different decks if you get through the groups
Im interested
GT: EvilBuddha MC 
Count me in.

T1n man87 
I want to be Cultured.
So what day do we need to submit our decks by?
27th
I. Will. Have. My. Revenge...
;D
GT: TBx Greenguy  
Wondered when you would see it, look forward to it.
Tag: iNEMESIS PRIME
ALot of new faces^^
GT: BecksBiff

decks: BoF, ..., ...

I'll get back with the rest
Just over a day to register guys, i will post an updated player list later.
I guess I'll put my decks here:

Aura Servants, Golgari, and Born of Flame. 
Sign In to post comments