[RTR-ICD] Call of the Conclave

33 posts / 0 new
Last post

Call of the Conclave
Sorcery
Put a 3/3 green Centaur creature token onto the battlefield.
Things like this make me want to play Selesnya.
Sorcery makes me sad...but it's still very, very good.
A Watchwolf that you can populate?

I'll take 4.
That's what the centaur tokens for.
Exciting card too see, 3/3 for 2 always nice to see 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
I loved Wtachwolf and I kno the premise of getting a 3/3 for 2 mana is till there but in a world where Thalia still exists, I am sadly less excited then i should be about this card.

If it were an instant, Watchwolf would be sadder than it already is. And we don't need 3/3s for 2 with flash running arounf as well.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.

If it were an instant, Watchwolf would be sadder than it already is. And we don't need 3/3s for 2 with flash running arounf as well.

I'm not saying it needed to be an Instant...but just that it would have been completely awesome.
Very playable.  I think it will even find it's way into some constructed decks.
Maybe I should play Bant and put this in with my Snapcasters. Between, this, some Geists, and some populate shenanigans, it could be a pretty impressive deck.

Seems like one of the most important cards in the format for the GW deck. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
Good card I'd expect that it will see some play although it is competing with Selesnya Charm.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Of course it will find its way to constructed decks.  Watchwolf did, didn't it?  This is no different. Zooooooooooo.

I wonder if there will be a "centaur lord?"  PLZ WOTC?
Probably a very high limited pick. Won't see much constructed play unless populate gets some nutty cards.
Of course it will find its way to constructed decks.  Watchwolf did, didn't it?  This is no different. Zooooooooooo.

The format was much different when Watchwolf was printed creatures are much more OP than they used to be.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

This is pretty sweet. Populate will make good use of this.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)

The format was much different when Watchwolf was printed creatures are much more OP than they used to be.

On top of that, watchwolf didn't actually have much of an impact the first time around.
I'd tap that. . .

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
It's good just for being a populating watchwolf, but not very exciting in that if not for the populate mechanic this would simply be watchwolf reprint.  Makes selesnya more playable so I'm happy for that.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
Pretty godly in limited. It's watchwolf that you can populate.
This is excellent.  It'll see play in every format I think.
Why isnt it a green and white token? Odd that paying green and white only gets a green creature...
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
ME DEMANDS NICE TOKEN ART.

I honestly expected these to come from a more costly source, having another solid 2 mana Populate target makes the mechanic seem more playable.   

Possible, but unlikely. Ravnica is semi-allergic to tribal mechanics, despite the occasional appearance of rat tribal. 
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.
Oh, I like this. My Sele deck is slowly coming together. This is probably going to be what the 4-drop enchantment populates the most of, which I am fine with.
pretty sweet card right here.
Perfect. A must-have for Selesnya token decks.

I honestly expected these to come from a more costly source, having another solid 2 mana Populate target makes the mechanic seem more playable.   

I find it odd that the token depicts a male centaur when the card that creates it clearly depicts a female one. If we don't get any female centaur tokens from one source or another then I'm going to have to make my own, because little things like that bug me.

Perfect. A must-have for Selesnya token decks.

I find it odd that the token depicts a male centaur when the card that creates it clearly depicts a female one. If we don't get any female centaur tokens from one source or another then I'm going to have to make my own, because little things like that bug me.

Same. Although I am sure there are variants. Recently they have been making a ton of variant tokens.
Just the card I was hoping for.
Real good, finally we are starting to get the token makers.
Yes! Now I can go 3/3 into 3/3 + 3 life.
So that's where Watchwolf went.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Really, really good. Watchwolf with populate or Parallel Lives. Yeah.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
twice as powerfull then watchwolf...
Selesnaya will always have a 3/3 or 4/4 on turn 2...