What Material Do You Want Reprinted?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
The First and Third Edition reprints are a great idea. I would have liked for them to be a bit more revised and reformatted, but I understand the thinking behind leaving them untouched. What kind of old books would you like to see reprinted?

• Second Edition, as well as some of the great Second Edition campaign settings, such as Spelljammer, Ravenloft, and Planescape.

• Red Box Basic D&D, as well as some of the supplements. Maybe with ascending Armour Class worked in. 

• Lots and lots of old adventure modules.

• Dark Sun, complete with the amazing art by Brom. Maybe even with some new Brom art worked in.

My Twitter
All of the BECMI Mentzer books, The rules cyclopedia, All the other of the 12 books of 1st ed, All of the 2nd edition archive including all of the Complete books,  The Skills and powers or 2.5 series, Every prior D&D and AD&D Printed Setting. I want to See Dragonlance dl Modules again, all the 1e.modules,The Original F.R. 1e. Setting, the Greyhawk Setting, Planescape setting, Ravenloft, Mystara,& Hollow World. I enboldened my Priorities or most wanted list. Will I get any of it? I doubt it. AD&D will not likely see a full reprint beyond the 3 core books. 

Frankly, I would start with the 2E core rulebooks (the pre-95 ones), and perhaps a large box with all 5 sets for the BECMI rules. That would allow WotC to acknowledge all iterations of the game, and allow all players to take a look back and enjoy these versions. 

However, perhaps instead of a reprint of settings, perhaps a set of books with the simple fluff of each edition. One for Greyhawk, one for Dragonlance, one for Mystara, one for Birthright, etc. Then print up smaller books for the editions showing how fans of these editions can manipulate these purely fluff books into the rules setting of their choice. I realize that this is a pipe-dream of epic scale, but... 

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

I think there should be pseudo-reprints of older editions. They would have the same crunch, only slightly revised to be a bit more polished and playable. The art and formatting would be partially or completely redone, but would still have an endearingly retro tone.
My Twitter
The First and Third Edition reprints are a great idea. I would have liked for them to be a bit more revised and reformatted, but I understand the thinking behind leaving them untouched. What kind of old books would you like to see reprinted?

• Second Edition, as well as some of the great Second Edition campaign settings, such as Spelljammer, Ravenloft, and Planescape.

• Red Box Basic D&D, as well as some of the supplements. Maybe with ascending Armour Class worked in. 

• Lots and lots of old adventure modules.

• Dark Sun, complete with the amazing art by Brom. Maybe even with some new Brom art worked in.

The one place in all of D&D where one can find kender! Bring on the Dragonlance, mainly so I can quit trying to homebrew a PC kender race! 
I don't care for old books reprinted, i want new books and content...
stuff i would def buy would be

a commemorative od&d white box with the the later supplements

a commemorative holmes box complete with b1

rules cyclopedia

battlesystem

greyhawk wars
I don't care for old books reprinted, i want new books and content...

Of course,
Mexrage began play with 4e and doesn't care at all for any D&D system that preceeds it. He wants new and improved over anything else and is willing to post against or bash a reprint to show how he still doesn't value nostalgia lest his nostalgia is the brand being fought for. You have tipped your hand oh so often on these boards kiddo. We know you now. You'll get your new shiney toy- don't worry. We just want our old books you have stated you want us old folks to " Go away and die with". What can I say -Haters gonna Hate.
I wouldn't go that far. I understand how the 4E crowd feels. With the D&D Next stuff going on, it seems as though new content is drying up, and I also would like to see new 4E content. I may be a bigmouth about my love of 2E, but I enjoy and play all editions, and I'm with the need for the new also.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

I wouldn't go that far. I understand how the 4E crowd feels. With the D&D Next stuff going on, it seems as though new content is drying up, and I also would like to see new 4E content. I may be a bigmouth about my love of 2E, but I enjoy and play all editions, and I'm with the need for the new also.

Sorry to promote my own stuff, but you might want to check out my sequel to 4e.

docs.google.com/document/d/1f8ir_SndMEAR... 
My Twitter
I would like to see reprints of the classic modules.  And perhaps the Gazeteers from what would become Mystara.
The campaign setting boxed sets for Greyhawk, Birthright, Dark Sun and Planescape.

From the Ashes. 

Reprint all the 1e and 2e modules, good and bad. And do it as actually products, not just some PDF I print up. I have lots of disposable income now Wizards, do you hear me? I will spend my money on your products if you would just bring them back.

And for kicks bring back Ravenloft and the original Dark Sun. (Al-Qadim too) 
What I would absolutely love for the pdf releases next year is a super pack combo type thing of all available character sheets that have been made for all editions. Bundle up all of the c-sheets for basic, 1e, 2e, 3e, 3.5 & 4 into one item to sell, even the weird variants from different expansions & books. That would rule x2!

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

I'd like to see a single hardcover version of BECMI, but not the Rules Cyclopedia version (although I would like to see that too, just as a separate reprint). The original BECMI products were laid out in a wonderful format that was easy to read and follow and had fantastic art. These are true classics of D&D history and deserve their own reprint. Put them all together into a nice, fat hardcover.

I'd buy that.
I'd buy a Complete Book of Kits for second edition.  Gather all the different kits spread throughout the Complete series into one volume.  Would be incredibly helpful. 

Reprint the Wizards and Priests Spell Compendium series (with errata).

And, write new modules!    
It's not really a reprint as such, but what I would really like is to see WotC and Iron Wind Metals come to an agreement so that the old Ral Partha AD&D miniatures from the late 80s-90s could be sold again. It was an awesome line. (for the record, the rumors about these miniatures post-license are NOT true. I have reliable information that the masters & molds were not destroyed!)

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

At minimum:

• All of the 1st AD&D hard covers.

• Mentzers in a single hard volume.

• Rules Cyclopedia

1st AD&D DM's screen.
BECMI DM's screen. 
Not really a reprint in the technical sense (again), but I would like to see WotC make hardcovers for all the gameworlds, in a mostly fluff sense, that could be utilized in any edition of the game. While it seems a bit much, many of these worlds have a unique perspective. Dark Sun has the "dying world" thing going for it. Ravenloft has the horror genre. Birthright had players dipping into political and nobility intrigue. Spelljammer attempted space travel. Planescape focused on planes travel. The Realms could be expanded with Kara Tur, Maztica, and Al Qadim supplements. That mostly leaves the three I didn't mention. Mystara could be branded as the old-school/beginner's realm, with the pulp feel that it used to have. Greyhawk could focus on the old-school and war, from both a large-scale and small-scale perspective. Dragonlance (the one I loved the most and was frustrated by the most) needs to be fixed a bit, as I always saw it as D&D's "Middle Earth;" give it stronger novel storylines, focusing on the deities & good/neutrality/evil struggle that always seemed to thread through it. Just a thought. 

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS: