Cool idea

I have a request from Wizards of The Coast.  

I would like to have a site where I can go and select which mechanics, skills, rules etc. I would like in my home game.  This could be a check-list that I can select or un-select items to build my system. Then I could select to print my home rule book and have it sent to me with the rules I want.  

This same idea could also apply to a home game world.  I could select countries, cities, races, organizations, gods, etc.  Then I could click "print" and have it sent to me with my "home" campaign world.

Thanks! 

The countries bit might be hard, unless what you did was have various sections of a map and fill each country into a space on the map.

I think this would be PDFs only, it's kind of a pain to cutomize hardcopy like that.

I like it, I think it needs some tweaking but the concept is solid.
I have a request from Wizards of The Coast.  

I would like to have a site where I can go and select which mechanics, skills, rules etc. I would like in my home game.  This could be a check-list that I can select or un-select items to build my system. Then I could select to print my home rule book and have it sent to me with the rules I want.  

This same idea could also apply to a home game world.  I could select countries, cities, races, organizations, gods, etc.  Then I could click "print" and have it sent to me with my "home" campaign world.

Thanks! 

It is a cool idea, a kind of Obsidian Portal meets DDI.  I am not sure what we be involved to set such a thing up, but I would wager there would be a lot of "hidden" things on the web developer's side that would result in some hefty challenges to make this work.  But yes, if it is feasible, this is a cool idea.
I don't think it would be too hard to program.  The pages could be laid out with a couple of templates from which you could choose.  

For the the world-book there could be generic cities, countries, gods, etc, and you could customize them, rename them, and add your own material if you wanted.  Then click "print and send me a hard copy".

I wonder how much people would pay to see their OWN name on the cover of a campaign book... 

While this would be a good thing to own, setting up printing in this manner would cost them a lot and they have no background on who would order these bespoke hardcopies and most of their sales come from shops or PDFs.

I would LOVE to see this happen, I would get myself a copy ASAP but I can't honestly ever see it happening.
From a consumer perspective and from a DM perspective, this sounds like an awesome idea. 
However, it's possible that the OP's idea might not be such a good idea according to the business perspective of a company like WOTC or Hasbro.
The most likely reason for the OP's not being a lucrative one (in the perspective of a business) is that it might be more expensive for WOTC to develop something like this...and it might not be as profitable to the company.
However, WOTC could successfully and profitably develop something like what the OP proposes IF they could develop a plan where the profits they would make (by developing what the OP proposes) would be greater than the cost they would need to pay to develop the OP's idea. 
An idea like what the OP proposes would need to bring more profit and money to WOTC, and that benefit must outweigh the cost that WOTC has to pay to develop it...or it wouldn't be successful from a financial perspective.

WOTC needs to consider the cost/benefit, profit/expense equations and analyses before they decide to implement an online tool like what the OP proposes.
While this would be a good thing to own, setting up printing in this manner would cost them a lot and they have no background on who would order these bespoke hardcopies and most of their sales come from shops or PDFs.

I would LOVE to see this happen, I would get myself a copy ASAP but I can't honestly ever see it happening.

Agreed. WOTC must analyze the cost/benefit equations that pertain to a business venture like that.  Cost benefit analyses and cost/effectiveness analyses would necessarily be useful to determine the potential success of the OP's idea.

In my opinion, the expense of development must not be greater than the potential profit that would come from a business venture...otherwise the business venture is not as successful as it should be.

I am taking a business math class for my major in Interactive Media Design, and I think I could learn more about the math behind the commercial decisions of a business or company like WOTC.
I would also love to see this. Especially a printable homeworld map. That would be Awesome. With a capital A.