"Angel" budget deck

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello!

I am looking for some opinions on a deck I recently wrote together. I am trying for it to be a budget build so my aim is to avoid super expensive cards, but really any suggestions are welcome and interesting to hear.
The idea behind the deck is roughly to trade creatures with the opponent and fill your graveyard with humans in the early game. Then later play Angel of Glory's Rise and strike back!

I understand this won't be the most competative deck but I would like it to be able to win at least some games.
Anyone have any experiences with this kind of deck? Some cards I need to add or throw out? Any help is appreciated!
I played against a deck like this with a casual deck (3 players, every man for himself)... except I was playing mono black and very nearly got tromped. The only difference I see here versus what he played was the 2 Griselbrands he kept yanking out of his graveyard. (That lifelink and card draw ability ensured he was dumping goodies into his graveyard over and over again.)

Anyway, he held his own against my deck and an aggro green deck, until I double Blood Artist / Black Sun's Zenith him ftw.

So I'd adjust the manabase for black splash (At least two swamps and some Isolated chapels), and nix the Defy Deaths for two more Unburials. 

I'm also not sure about the lightning maulers... silverblade paladin might be a turn later, but does more work for you in the long run.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I played against a deck like this with a casual deck (3 players, every man for himself)... except I was playing mono black and very nearly got tromped. The only difference I see here versus what he played was the 2 Griselbrands he kept yanking out of his graveyard. (That lifelink and card draw ability ensured he was dumping goodies into his graveyard over and over again.)

Anyway, he held his own against my deck and an aggro green deck, until I double Blood Artist / Black Sun's Zenith him ftw.

So I'd adjust the manabase for black splash (At least two swamps and some Isolated chapels), and nix the Defy Deaths for two more Unburials. 

I'm also not sure about the lightning maulers... silverblade paladin might be a turn later, but does more work for you in the long run.

Interesting idea with the black spash and Griselbrand. Thanks!

Lightning mauler is there so I can attack directly with big guys like Angel of Glory's Rise and Geist-Honored Monk on the turn they rise from the grave. But I might as well test out with the Silverblade Paladin too as I already have a playset of those around.