Myr Artifact Deck.

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I ave created a myr artifact deck. The deck consists of only artifact cards, or land. The idea of the deck is to get whatever gives you extra mana or reduces mana costs of artifacts out as quickly as possible, and then get a Myr Battlsphere out. You can potentially get a turn four Myr Battlesphere if done correctly. The Myr Battlesphere is what is suppose to win the game, and it can do so in a few turns after it is summoned.

There are two alternative ways to win in this deck aside Myr Battlesphere, and that is through Coat of Arms, and Lodestone Myr. Coat of Arms is an easy win if you can get one out the turn after you summon a Myr Battlesphere. Lodestone Myr wins in a similiar fashion as Myr Battlesphere, although it is less effective unless you have two Myr Galvanizers on the field, then it can be a quick win. Lodestone golem is meant to help slow down your opponet while you speed your self up through Etherium Scupltor, its generally more effective for longer games.

Creatures.

Artifacts.
[Deck]
4 Coat of Arms
3 Myr Reservoir
3 Myr Turbine
[/Deck]
Land.
[Deck]
4 Cloudpost
4 Glimmerpost
12 Island

[/Deck]
Any thoughts?
I'd add playsets of Vesuva, Tempered Steel, and Steel Overseer to start with.
Myr Matrix to dump the mana from Galvanizer/Palladium. Or you could use Myr Retrievers, Ashnod's Altar, & Genesis Chamber.
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
In my opinion, the best way to get extra lands is with green cards such as Boundless Realms so, you might want to consider that. Since I see you have blue, you might want to consider splashing black and going with Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
However if you don't, then I agree with the post above, as in Myr Matrix and such. 
In my opinion, the best way to get extra lands is with green cards such as Boundless Realms so, you might want to consider that. Since I see you have blue, you might want to consider splashing black and going with Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
However if you don't, then I agree with the post above, as in Myr Matrix and such. 

The problem I have with such a mana dump is that its inificient unless you manage to get infinite mana. Do you have any ideas of a mana dump that could still be useful for its cost with out having infinite mana?

The problem I have with such a mana dump is that its inificient unless you manage to get infinite mana. Do you have any ideas of a mana dump that could still be useful for its cost with out having infinite mana?

I can think of a few mana dumps off of the top of my head.
Helix Pinnacle is good if you have ALOT of mana, and is a great victory condition.
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa is also a great card
Centaur Glade is a modest card for always having something to do on a turn
Nemata, Grove Guardian is a good card especially with the overrun ability
Predator, Flagship is an okay mana dump removal card, especially if you dont have access to many removal cards, for example, a green deck.

In my opinion, the green mana dumps are by far the best, as it is assumed that green's mana curve is the fastest. Hope it helped!
I was interested in using a Myr deck, so I designed one. I'm leaving it here so that you can analize it to take any usefull idea that the deck may have.

Since I'm not going o build one soon, this is just a sketch: 

Lands ( 20 ):
20 x Island

Instants ( 12 ):
4 x Fireball
4 x Negate
4 x Ponder

Creatures ( 20 ):
4 x Myr Galvanizer
3 x Gold Myr
3 x Iron Myr
3 x Myr Reservoir
3 x Myr Turbine
4 x Leonin Abunas

Sorceries ( 8 ):
4 x Reshape

The idea is to use Galvanized Myr to power up the deck: it can be used to make infinite red mana to cast a devastating fireball (Iron Myr + Myr Galvanizer) or to fill the battlefield with tokens (Myr Turbine).

Leonin Abunas, Myr Reservoir and Negate can help protect the Myrs, by providing shroud capabilities, returning fallen Myrs from the graveyard and canceling any obnoxious spell.

Reshape and Ponder help drawing the key cards, so that the deck can work properly.

I was interested in using a Myr deck, so I designed one, that I'm leaving it here so that you can analize to take any interesting idea that the deck ma have.

Since I'm not going o build one soon, this is just a sketch: 

Lands ( 20 ):
20 x Island

Instants ( 12 ):
4 x Fireball
4 x Negate
4 x Ponder

Creatures ( 20 ):
4 x Myr Galvanizer
3 x Gold Myr
3 x Iron Myr
3 x Myr Reservoir
3 x Myr Turbine
4 x Leonin Abunas

Sorceries ( 8 ):
4 x Reshape

The idea is to use Galvanized Myr to power up the deck: it can be used to make infinite red mana to cast a devastating fireball (Iron Myr + Myr Galvanizer) or to fill the battlefield with tokens (Myr Turbine).

Leonin Abunas, Myr Reservoir and Negate can help protect the Myrs, by providing shroud capabilities, returning fallen Myrs from the graveyard and canceling any obnoxious spell.

Reshape and Ponder help drawing the key cards, so that the deck can work properly.

Edit : Sorry misread what you said, I thought you were just listing your deck for critique.

Edit : Sorry misread what you said, I thought you were just listing your deck for critique.

Nop, just trying to help.

The ideas I tryed to give to Cgame were:

1 - Since artifact creatures can be hit by anti-creature and anti-artifact spells, it's a good idea to have some protection like Leonin Abunas and some counter spells like Negate that can help against mass removal spells or to use before having the main protection in the field. Myr Reservoir can also help recovering fallen Myrs, to avoid loosing any important Myr card.

2 - To get the cards needed, it's important to have some draw and/or search tools like Ponder and/or Reshape, these cards can help getting any missing card to finish the game. Myr Turbine can be used also to search for any missing Myr card.

3 - The finishing move can be based in the Myrs capability to make tokens, using Myr Turbine, or a simple and destructive spell like Fireball.

4 - The most important cards in any Myr deck are the mana production Myrs and Myr Galvanizer to be able to produce infinite mana to use in a powerful finishing move. And Myr Galvanizer can also boost Myr Turbine capability to put tokens in the field.

5 - For the lands, I would use islands, since blue is strong in control magic, to help you protect your precious Myrs and has some great draw cards to help you get the cards you nedd.

You can also try to add 1 tolarian academy and 1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge if you can, with a few Tolaria West to search for them ... since these lands can help you boost your mana production.

I would leave the production of additional mana types to the Myrs.

But this is only the point of view of this humble noob.

Nop, just trying to help.

The ideas I tryed to give to Cgame were:

1 - Since artifact creatures can be hit by anti-creature and anti-artifact spells, it's a good idea to have some protection like Leonin Abunas and some counter spells like Negate that can help against mass removal spells or to use before having the main protection in the field. Myr Reservoir can also help recovering fallen Myrs, to avoid loosing any important Myr card.

2 - To get the cards needed, it's important to have some draw and/or search tools like Ponder and/or Reshape, these cards can help getting any missing card to finish the game. Myr Turbine can be used also to search for any missing Myr card.

3 - The finishing move can be based in the Myrs capability to make tokens, using Myr Turbine, or a simple and destructive spell like Fireball.

4 - The most important cards in any Myr deck are the mana production Myrs and Myr Galvanizer to be able to produce infinite mana to use in a powerful finishing move. And Myr Galvanizer can also boost Myr Turbine capability to put tokens in the field.

5 - For the lands, I would use islands, since blue is strong in control magic, to help you protect your precious Myrs and has some great draw cards to help you get the cards you nedd.

You can also try to add 1 tolarian academy and 1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge if you can, with a few Tolaria West to search for them ... since these lands can help you boost your mana production.

I would leave the production of additional mana types to the Myrs.

But this is only the point of view of this humble noob.

No, no don't be modest. As far as I can see, those are really good cards in a myr deck.

make infinite red mana to cast a devastating fireball Iron Myr + Myr Galvanizer

That isn't an infinite combo, the combo (I presume) you are thinking of is 2 Myr Galvanizer's + 1 Palladium Myr. Which works thusly:

1) Tap your Palladium Myr for 2 colorless mana.
2) Spend 1 colorless mana to activate a Myr Galvanizer’s ability. This will untap your Palladium Myr and you will still have 1 colorless mana in your mana pool.
3) Tap Palladium Myr for 2 colorless mana, which leaves you with 3 colorless mana in your mana pool.
4) Spend 1 of your colorless mana to activate your other Myr Galvanizer’s ability, which untaps both the Palladium Myr and your other Myr Galvanizer. You will still have 2 colorless mana in your mana pool.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 any number of times.
It is worth noting that you can replace the singelton Palladium Myr with any 2 of the WURBG Myr's.

You can also try to add 1 Tolarian Academy

Tolarian Academy starts at about $18 each - so they aren't super appropriate to recommend on the Casual forums. This is compounded by the fact that they are either Banned or Restricted anywhere they are playable.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

That isn't an infinite combo, the combo (I presume) you are thinking of is 2 Myr Galvanizer's + 1 Palladium Myr. Which works thusly:

2) Spend 1 colorless mana to activate a Myr Galvanizer’s ability. This will untap your Palladium Myr and you will still have 1 colorless mana in your mana pool.
3) Tap Palladium Myr for 2 colorless mana, which leaves you with 3 colorless mana in your mana pool.
4) Spend 1 of your colorless mana to activate your other Myr Galvanizer’s ability, which untaps both the Palladium Myr and your other Myr Galvanizer. You will still have 2 colorless mana in your mana pool.
It is worth noting that you can replace the singelton Palladium Myr with any 2 of the WURBG Myr's.

Tolarian Academy starts at about $18 each - so they aren't super appropriate to recommend on the Casual forums. This is compounded by the fact that they are either Banned or Restricted anywhere they are playable.

I just described the combination, not the number of Myrs, but yes, it would need a couple of Myrs to generate mana and a couple of Galvanized Myr, that's why I added Reshape, to be able to get any missing Myr.

About the Tolarian Academy, that's why I said "you can also try to add", since it can be a backup, but I'm just trying to point out some options to the deck.

The deck I posted was something I made but never refined, since I want to finish and improve other decks first, but I hope that it has something usefull for this deck.

Wow that is an insane combo. I should try that in my decks
Without adding another color you could use Stroke of Genius, Braingeyser, or Blue Sun's Zenith to make your opponent draw his deck out.
Without adding another color you could use Stroke of Genius, Braingeyser, or Blue Sun's Zenith to make your opponent draw his deck out.

I prefer to just trow a fireball and clean the field and my opponent life points, since this way if it isn't countered or deflected, I'm sure the game is over, while some decks are capable of not only surviving a complete milling but they can even get stronger.

A fireball can also be more useful in multiplayer games, but the point is to have something capable of using the infinite mana to finish the game.

Just from playing my deck a few times, I have a great combo that you may like.

Prototype Portal with Myr Turbine

Once you have the mana and both cards, play Prototype Portal and exile Myr Turbine.

You can make endless copies of Myr Turbine. So once you hit that combo, it would go like this.

Turn 1: Play Prototype Portal with Myr Turbine.

Turn 2: Use Prototype Protal to summon Myr Turbine. Use Myr Turbine to summon one Myr Token.

Turn 3: Summon another Myr Turbine. Summon Two more Myr Tokens for a total of 3.

Turn 4: Summon another Myr Turbine. Summon Two more Myr Tokens for a total of 5. Then Tap your third Myr Turbine to summon any Myr Creature. I usually summon Myr Battlesphere or Shimmer Myr.

If you have another Prototype Portal, you could use it with either Myr Battlesphere or  Argentum Armor. You'll either be doing a lot of damage, or you'll be destroying a lot of permanents. Remember, lands are permanents. Plus you won't have to spend any mana to summon the myr's so you won't have to worry about running out of mana. That would free up a lot of your mana to do other things.

If you really want to be mean, Followed Footsteps and Copy Enchantment are also good spells to throw in for potential combos.
semblance anvil  is very cool here. In affittion, mycosynth golem  is bonkers, simply run 4 seat of the synod  and four ancient den  for best results, along with 4 darksteel citadel
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."