4x Propaganda
_____
4 total

Planeswalker(s):
2x Jace, Memory Adept
_____
2 total -- 60 overall

-3 Brainstorm - with no shuffle effects this is weak
-4 Mana Leak - Mill should play like Burn - you can't really afford to hold back mana for countermagic (meaning you forgo milling them). Plus you already have 8 countermagic slots.

+2 Archive Trap
+2 Jace, Memory Adept
+3 ...I'm drawing a blank here. Brain Freeze? Even just something then Freeze mills 6+. Or maybe a meta slot, or some sweeper like Evacuation

Perhaps some Fetch Lands? They work wonders with Crab.

I'm not a fan of Phantasm in here. A fatty isn't required. It doesn't mill, and you don't want to be attacking their lifetotal anyway.
Brainstorm is the only draw in this deck other than Lonely Sandbar though. I love the mana cost for it too.
I am trying to do this on a budget, so I don't see myself getting more copies of Jace or fetch lands... except for something like Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse.

I do own 3 copies of Brain Freeze, and was wondering if/how I should fit them in actually. But I don't know if I should take out counter spells for them. This deck is supposed to be control-ish.

The Jace's Phantasms would be as blockers of course, but I think I'm content with Fog Bank anyway.
Brainstorm is the only draw in this deck other than Lonely Sandbar though.

But if you draw junk, you're just clogging up the top few cards with junk. Sans-shufflers, Ponder, Preordain, Serum Visions can work. I've also seen Visions of Beyond being used in mil quite well.

This deck is supposed to be control-ish

From my experience, Mill cannot be controlly. It has to play like a combo deck (and mill them entirely in 1 go) or play like Burn (with you chipping away every turn with a milling spell or 2). For every turn you hold back to counter something, that's another turn their 'life' doesn't drop. This is especially important as milling has no effect on the board - they still have guys and lands and cards in hand. You NEED to be milling them every turn.
Noble Benefactor can trigger Archive Trap just as well as Ghost Quarter does.  It even puts the Trap in your hand.

Riddlekeeper makes an excellent defender in a mill deck.

If draw is a concern, what about Thought Scour?  It fits the theme and provides you a card.

malcos makes a valid point about treating mill in an all-or-nothing fashion.  Dream Twist, Dampen Thought, and Vision Charm can all help with this.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
in my blue mill deck i have a couple tramutizes and brain freezes with some mill stones and jace memory adapt for my main mills. I also threw in some beastly defenders such as sentinel and wall of vapor.

there is also the psycic possesion and azanis familiar combo. psycic has you skip your draw step and whenever your opponent draws a card you MAY draw a card. and azani lets you (when you draw) look at the top 3 and pick one (the rest go on the bottom of your deck.) that lets you cycle through your deck to get to the good stuff.
Brainstorm is the only draw in this deck other than Lonely Sandbar though.

But if you draw junk, you're just clogging up the top few cards with junk. Sans-shufflers, Ponder, Preordain, Serum Visions can work. I've also seen Visions of Beyond being used in mil quite well.

This deck is supposed to be control-ish

From my experience, Mill cannot be controlly. It has to play like a combo deck (and mill them entirely in 1 go) or play like Burn (with you chipping away every turn with a milling spell or 2). For every turn you hold back to counter something, that's another turn their 'life' doesn't drop. This is especially important as milling has no effect on the board - they still have guys and lands and cards in hand. You NEED to be milling them every turn.

After taking another glance, I do see that I need more mill in here. Yeah, I think I can take out the 4 Mana Leaks for 3 Brain Freezes.

About 90% of the time, Brainstorm is very useful to me. I get 3 cards for one mana, and I put back something that was already in my hand that will be of use in that next turn or two.

Noble Benefactor can trigger Archive Trap just as well as Ghost Quarter does.  It even puts the Trap in your hand.

Riddlekeeper makes an excellent defender in a mill deck.

If draw is a concern, what about Thought Scour?  It fits the theme and provides you a card.

malcos makes a valid point about treating mill in an all-or-nothing fashion.  Dream Twist, Dampen Thought, and Vision Charm can all help with this.

Cheers!

I do not like Noble Benefactor. He has to die, AND when he does, he also gives my opponent ANY card.
Riddlekeeper I do like though. I'm not sure how I could fit it in my deck though.
Vision Charm is pretty cool too, but I think my Brain Freezes are great also. Haha

in my blue mill deck i have a couple tramutizes and brain freezes with some mill stones and jace memory adapt for my main mills. I also threw in some beastly defenders such as sentinel and wall of vapor. there is also the psycic possesion and azanis familiar combo. psycic has you skip your draw step and whenever your opponent draws a card you MAY draw a card. and azani lets you (when you draw) look at the top 3 and pick one (the rest go on the bottom of your deck.) that lets you cycle through your deck to get to the good stuff.

I like Archive Trap more than Traumatize. It has the ability to be able to be cast for free, and later in the game it mills them for more than Traumatize does. The other cards you mention seem costly (mana-wise).

So, the only changes I can see to do right now is to switch the 4 Mana Leaks for 3 Brain Freeze.
Other than that, maybe add in 2 of Elixir of Immortality or Reminisce...?
I've made some changes now to my deck here...

I've added 1 more Ghost Quarter (swapped for both Lonely Sandbars), added a third Archive Trap, four Thought Scour, three Chronic Flooding and two Elixir of Immortality.

I took out the four Propaganda and four Boomerang.

It's looking better to me now. I was wondering if there can be any more improvements made really still on a small budget.

I've also switched Negate for Memory Lapse since I took out Propaganda so I can target creature spells if needed, and then just mill it away. It made sense to me at least to swap those for that reason. My only other thought is if I should switch Fog Bank for Mindshrieker...
Increasing Confusion? It gets better with flashback
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
That IS a cool card, but I don't think it can fit in this deck.

After doing some testing, I've found I draw too many lands with this deck. And that's only good if I have multiple Hedron Crabs out, so I've taken out an Island. That lowers it to 60 cards as well.

I'm also currently running this deck with 1 Fog Bank and 1 Mindshrieker instead of two Fog Banks because I'm not sure which to run in here.
I would say keep the fog bank because depending on the opponent, you will need all you can get in defense. That was my biggest problem with my mill deck, my opponent would drop my life to 0 before I could drop his deck to 0. I also love Keening Stone even if its cost is kinda expensive, by the time you get it out, your opponent has quite the graveyard.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
but then fog bank only stops some few threats, others - many others, its inefficient against.

atm you can expect to mill opponent ca t7 (I used math here, not merey guessing) if you play aggresively. _If you want to survive that long id add some better defense. i d go with ensnaring bridge propaganda and maybe meekstone.
I see you took out propaganda so maybe you play in a creature low meta, if so counterspells are indeed better .

alternatively go full agro. the problem with this plan though, is that mill is a turn or 2 slower than red burn so agro decks will usually kill you too fast.
After playing a few games today with a friend, I noticed in a couple of games that it did not have the defense quite needed. And that only happened against his red agro/burn deck.

Elixir of Immortality is useless in this deck I've found, so I'm replacing those with 2 Jace's Phantasm.
Fog Bank can be burned too easily... and in case I'm drawing up short as well, Mindshrieker is great. So I've been able to make my decision between those two now.

...I can't decide if I want a third Jace's Phantasm in here though. I don't even know what I would take out to get a third one anyway.

At the moment, I can mill a maximum of 51 cards on turn 4 (a win against a 60 card deck) with this deck. So far it has proven to be very mean, seeing as everything costs only 1 or 2 mana... other than Jace, Memory Adept (since I play Archive Trap for free most of the time thanks to Ghost Quarter).
thats best case though. on average t7 is more likely, but if it has worked for you so far it's all good
thats best case though. on average t7 is more likely, but if it has worked for you so far it's all good

Yes, hence why I said maximum on turn 4 =p
Turn 6 or 7 sounds about right though.

If you think this deck can still be improved on a budget though, I'm all ears!
So, I've taken out all 4 of the Memory Lapses then added 2 more Jace's Phantasms and 2 Mana Leaks a while back, and the deck has been great.

But now I feel like I should take out the 2 Mindshriekers and 1 of the Mana Leaks for 3 Propaganda. I've been coming across some token decks and other decks with a high creature count, so they seems like they are needed now like I previously thought.

Any other opinions are still appreciated. (I'd love to get a second Jace, Memory Adept in here, but he pretty much doubled in price in the last couple of months.)

Maybe put in some Ray of Erasure in place of Brainstorm? You lose deck manipulation but keep the draw and add more mill.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

Well, the only card that kind of sucks in here is Chronic Flooding. I just see people play another land and ignore the land that I have enchanted.
I am thinking of swapping them out for a 4th Propaganda, a 4th Archive Trap and one more Island.

I believe the minimal extra mill from Ray of Erasure would be less useful than the card advantage from Brainstorm. It usually helps me combo into a Brain Freeze that I cast in the same turn, or sets me up to cast Jace, Memory Adept.

Well, if this list is up for comments again, I'd add a playset of Terramorphic Expanse (to bring your Lands up to 23) as it has synergy with both Brainstorm and Hedron Crab. I'd cut the 3 Chronic Flooding, and 1 Brain Freeze to make the spaces.

A single playset of a Counterspell doesn't seem particularly worthwhile, I'd consider something like Cyclonic Rift or perhaps Devastation Tide (but only alongside Brainstorm).

I would also strongly consider adding in 1 or 2 Runechanter's Pike (and replacing the aforementioned Counterspell with Muddle The Mixture if you do).

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

I had randomly checked this thread yesterday to see if I had updated the deck list, and saw there was a new comment... so I apparently checked on the right day.

I got a 4th Propaganda, another Island and 1 copy of Ponder. I swapped out the 3 Chronic Flooding for those.

I am not completely sold on just one copy of Ponder being in here, so suggestions are still welcomed.

Runechanter's Pike is pretty awesome... but since I have such a low creature count, I feel like it wouldn't be as useful as I would like it to be.

I had my best game with this deck a few weeks back, where I milled a total of 47 cards by the end of my 3rd turn (36 cards on that 3rd turn).