Any chance of a Saga edition reissue?

Hello everyone,

I had high hopes that Fantasy Flight would make a full scale Star Wars RPG in the near future. Unfortunately, they will only make an RPG about the "Rebellion" years.

Due to a lack of funds, I was not able to buy the Saga edition while it was in print. I was wondering if WOTC (or anyone else) has a plan to reissue the books (PDF's would be preferable, but reissuing the books in hardcover would also work).
Nothing "official" here but I'd say the odds are about as good as they are that all the ice on Hoth will melt from natural causes in the near timeline.

Without the license I don't think WotC could legally reprint the books they already did although I know there are many people who are looking for the game and would love to get it.  While the SECR may not be easy to find for retail (and it really is the only book you NEED to have for SAGA) it is some of the early supplements that really could have used a second printing based on their current secondary market prices.  Now I'm not a huge fan of KotOR but I almost consider the SotG as part of an essential collection.
Reprints?  Yeah, a lot of the D6 fans had been wishing without hope for those for years.  You won't find any hope of legal pdfs either.  Lucas has a licencing agreement that is fairly complicated, and without going into the whole ringamarole here it's just simple enough to say that LFL won't allow pdfs. 

Though as StevenO suggested, the secondary market price for the Saga Edition Core Rulebook is pretty reasonable.  True, there are a few books out there that are kind of expensive on the secondary market, but only time will tell what will happen to the used market over time.  It used to be that some of the WEG books could fetch $80-$120 in bidding wars on eBay.  The OCR version of Starships of the Galaxy was wicked expensive before the SAGA edition came out.  Even some of the high-dollar items like teh Hero's Guide for the RCR were pretty up there until SAGA came out.  As the attention of the SWRGP market shifts, you're likely to find some good deals on SAGA books.  Unfortunately, that will probably require quite a bit of patience if you want to have a complete collection of all the SAGA books.

If you're looking to buy Saga books at a reasonable price, try Miniature Market and Troll and Toad.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Thanks guys!

I'll keep this in mind.
Am I correct that there are 14 hardcover books for the Saga Edition?
Am I correct that there are 14 hardcover books for the Saga Edition?

Does the DM screen count?  Counting the books in my stack and remembering I have a couple somewhere else 14 seems about right.

SECR
ToG
SotG
KotOR
FUCG
S&V
CWCG
JATM
LECG
SGtD
RECG
GoI
GaW
UR 

I don't think the order is quite right but it should be close.

Thanks a lot for the response StevenO

No, I'm not counting the Gamemaster Screen or the Galaxy Tiles.

Okay, you listed all the books that I found on the amazon site, so I'm assured it's a complete list.

It doesn't matter at all, but this is the order of publication of the 14 books from first to last (if anyone's curious)

SECR
SotG
ToG
KotOR
FUCG
S&V
CWCG
LECG
JATM
RECG
GaW
SGtD
GoI
UR

Boy did I get some of those out of order.
Nah, you just put them in the order you bought them. 

Amazon is going to be a decent place to get information on the books, but usually the aftermarket on out of print books is awful.  For some reason out of print + Star Wars = collectable, and collectable = high prices.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes you'll get a good deal, but most of the time people attach idiotic prices to the books in hopes that someone is as rich as they are lazy and stupid.  Granted, this isn't categorically true, but far too often I've found people putting books up on Amazon marketplace for $150 when you can hop on over to eBay and put down $20 for it. 

You're going to buy all 14 books? How much will that cost?

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Nah, you just put them in the order you bought them. 

Not unless some of them went up for pre-order long before an earlier release went up for order.  The books may have been out before I started the series but I ordered all of the last ones from Amazon shortly after they went up for pre-order.
Amazon is going to be a decent place to get information on the books, but usually the aftermarket on out of print books is awful.  For some reason out of print + Star Wars = collectable, and collectable = high prices.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes you'll get a good deal, but most of the time people attach idiotic prices to the books in hopes that someone is as rich as they are lazy and stupid.  Granted, this isn't categorically true, but far too often I've found people putting books up on Amazon marketplace for $150 when you can hop on over to eBay and put down $20 for it. 

It can definitely pay to shop around for SAGA books.  SotG and KotOR are pricey but I did manage to get a slightly used copy of SotG off of ebay for about face price and could have grabbed KotOR  for about the same; it was my second copy of SotG and would have been my second KotOR but I wasn't interested in it and did mention it on these boards.  A lot of the later releases can be found for their printed price and sometimes less.  I know I bought a second copy of the FUCG new for just $10 from the Miniature's Marketplace.

Right now my secondary set is SECR (2nd-printing), SotG, FUCG, JATM, RECG, SGtD although I 'won' the last three.  If I was going to expand it further I'd add S&V and either GaW or CWCG.

@richterbelmont10
I can't afford to buy any of the books right now. I just like to know of what my future options are.

Even with unlimited funds, I probably wouldn't buy all the books. I definitely, in addition to the CR, would like to have the Jedi Academy, Starships of the Galaxy, Threats of the Galaxy, Unknown Regions

@StevenO
My list of the publication order was in no way meant as a criticism of you. The only important thing was verifying what books had been published.

If you think the OOP Saga edition books are overpriced on Amazon, the OOP Axis and Allies Anniversary edition (a boardgame) is listed at about $900 and the out of print A&A Europe 1940 is about $400.
I never saw any criticism but was just observing how poorly I ordered them when I was trying to do it off of memory.

I don't know if you caught it earlier by my "short list" of books is SECR, SotG, FUCG, S&V, and then either CWCG or GAW.  I may even give GaW the edge because of how it talks about constructing "battlestations" to use a part of a challenge to the PCs and most of us could use the help in setting our adventures.  There is a lot of stuff in the JATM including a nice section with monsters in it but I'm not a huge fan of some of the other things that are in it.  UR is certainly one to look at as it has information on hazards which makes for non-advesarial challenges.  Although you may be able to find it cheap and there are some good things in it I don't rate ToG very highly because of all the stat block errors and due to a bunch of other considerations; a few of this boards members have links to their own NPC repositories which contain hundreds of premade NPCs.  GoI could be useful due to the information on Skill Challenges which is in it.
Even with unlimited funds, I probably wouldn't buy all the books. I definitely, in addition to the CR, would like to have the Jedi Academy, Starships of the Galaxy, Threats of the Galaxy, Unknown Regions

Starships of the Galaxy is essential. After that I would probably go with Scum & Villainy. The most important feature of Scum & Villainy is the modifications chapter which boosts an engineer-type of character while it also makes weapons and starships much more customizeable and personal than before. But you may delay that book until your players gained a level or two and are ready to buy a ship or seeks better equipment.

Unless you plan to use Jedi non-stop and everyone in your group are huge Jedi fans, Jedi Academy may be a disappointment. It's actually one of my least used books. I actually use Knights of the Old Republic more often for my Jedi player and I use Clone Wars more often for Jedi templates. Threats of the Galaxy is often known as the black sheep since it's filled with errors. For foes and templates the community-stuff is better. It may give you some inspiration but that's it.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Unknown Regions is a good book but it is primarily focused on alien and unknown planets so it's a bit of a mix. I found the hazards chapter to be the most important for more experienced GM's who like new ways to spice things up. Galaxy at War is also among the better books if you are going to use a military campaign in the Clone Wars or Rebellion Era. It rethinks how items are given to players in military organizations and offer custom rules for mass combat, cybernetics, military rank, how to use Vehicles in regular combat and how to set up and use a battlestation.

FUCG contains several of the most important Prestige Classes such as Independent Droid or Medic.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" class="mceContentBody " contenteditable="true" />
Click on my signiture. May the force be with you.