Warforged Wizard Alchemist

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So,

Thank you in advance for looking this over, and for your answers.

I have a warforged Wizard (Arcanist) Alchemist (theme, and bent on the Alchemist Savant PP).

He is a more quirky, heat of the moment tinkerer, often absent minded and rarely aware of his current predicament.  He is almost always in the company of a female dwarven artificer who has a penchant for mercenary work.
He hails from Amn where he was sold to House Selemnchant as a house guard, but failed miserably.  He was relegated to servant of an aging patriarch who was a secret Wizard who began teaching him mild forms of wizardry and alchemy, always on the quest for answers as to the reality of the soul.  The old man's obsession transfered to the warforged and he was imprinted with a quest for understanding the nature of the soul, and to whether or not he was in possession of one.
His obsession took him to High Imaskar where he learned arts of more gravity and consequence, initiating him into the higher realms of wizardry.

So, I  need some background on Amn, House Selemchant, High Imaskar, and anything else that would make this make sense.

Questions:

Warforged and souls?  Yea or nay?

Can a warfored become a lich?

Thanks
Also,

If there are famous personages and associations, landmarks, or events of note that would seem to fit this model, their history and relation would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I am looking for a destination for his drive (understanding his relation to that of souls and the spark of life) to take him.

I cant say, though, that I even understand his drive, as it is still unfolding.

I have thought of him as having been "blanked" somehow, that he has no real memory before being sold to House Selemchant, and that his memory was only piecemeal of that time until the old patriarch adjusted him to be more in focus. The old man seemed to be fond of him, or rather, intensely interested in his nature. He often said it was a shame that the warforged could recall nothing, as it "would aid in the search", but he always failed to elaborate.

Thanks again for your ideas
So,

Thank you in advance for looking this over, and for your answers.

I have a warforged Wizard (Arcanist) Alchemist (theme, and bent on the Alchemist Savant PP).

He is a more quirky, heat of the moment tinkerer, often absent minded and rarely aware of his current predicament.  He is almost always in the company of a female dwarven artificer who has a penchant for mercenary work.
He hails from Amn where he was sold to House Selemnchant as a house guard, but failed miserably.  He was relegated to servant of an aging patriarch who was a secret Wizard who began teaching him mild forms of wizardry and alchemy, always on the quest for answers as to the reality of the soul.  The old man's obsession transfered to the warforged and he was imprinted with a quest for understanding the nature of the soul, and to whether or not he was in possession of one.
His obsession took him to High Imaskar where he learned arts of more gravity and consequence, initiating him into the higher realms of wizardry.

So, I  need some background on Amn, House Selemchant, High Imaskar, and anything else that would make this make sense.

Questions:

Thanks

Starters: You already stated his drive for study, he inherited it from the old man (Does this one know where his hat is? Probably on his head in he doesn't know1) Maybe this wizard was in the process of a sudden discovery before he died, and the Warforged Alchemist made a promise to see this project to completion.

Warforged Lich, up to the DM, but I'd rule HECK YA! Think giving a demilich (of Tomb of Horrors fame) a Warforged body for protection. The only trick to this would be making sure his adventuring companions were okay with his... transformation. Few are the non-Necromancy-based-wizards who aren't going to take down a lich, just for being a lich and EVIL! Interesting story though, that I must say.

Questions:

Thanks

Nothing in the rules indicates that a warforged differs from anybody else in these regards, and no rules on the Archlich ED limit it, so 'yes' and 'yes'.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.