[contains RTR spoilers] rakdos charm and lifegain creatures

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
question one:

Rix Maadi Guildmage 

br
Creature - Human ShamanUncommon
{B}{R}: Target blocking creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
{B}{R}: Target player who lost life this turn loses 1 life.
Insatiable, irresistible, and insane.
Illus. Karl Kopinski #192/2742/2

is the target for the second ability just "target player" or is it instead "target player who lost life this turn"? that is, can i target a player who hasn't lost life yet this turn with the second ability?

question two:
===

Rakdos Charm

br
InstantUncommon
Choose one: exile all cards from target player's graveyard; or destroy target artifact; or each creature deals 1 damage to its controller.

===

suppose my opponent controls a single creature with lifelink and no other creatures, (has not lost life yet this turn), and then i use rakdos charm's third mode.
can i then use  rix maadi's second ability to make my opponent lose life, or not?
1) target [player who lost life this turn] so no you can't target someone who hasn't lost life this turn

2) yes, they will both lose and gain life so they would be a valid target

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

is the target for the second ability just "target player" or is it instead "target player who lost life this turn"?

Look at the whole noun phrase, "target player who lost life this turn".

suppose my opponent controls a single creature with lifelink and no other creatures, (has not lost life yet this turn), and then i use rakdos charm's third mode. can i then use  rix maadi's second ability to make my opponent lose life, or not?

It did cause loss of life even if the player also gained an equal amont of life at the same time.
119.3a Damage dealt to a player by a source without infect causes that player to lose that much life.