[LoW] Expansion soon?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just picked up LoW a few weeks ago and I love it.  Soon I will move on to the RPG board games but for thoose of you who have been playing DnD board games for a while about how long does it take to see an expansion?  Has there been any official word or does anyone have an educated guess?  Thank you!
There are D&D board game products announced through February of 2013, and none of them include a LoW expansion, so I wouldn't say there is a big chance of anything coming soon. There is certainly no official word and my (uneducated) guess is that there won't be any LoW expansions at all.
There are D&D board game products announced through February of 2013, and none of them include a LoW expansion, so I wouldn't say there is a big chance of anything coming soon. There is certainly no official word and my (uneducated) guess is that there won't be any LoW expansions at all.

Darn.  Well I hope you are wrong haha.  I think an expansion could really add some dimension to the game.  There is a spot on the board that says "reserved for expansion use" so I hope they do plan on doing something.
I don't own the game (yet) so my guess is in fact quite uneducated. For example, I was not aware that it had a space labeled for expansion use. Still, it seems that it has been too long from the original release not to have something on the product release schedule.
Nobody would confirm anything at GenCon, but I still think we'll see an expansion. A section of the board is kept open for "future expansion" and the game has done quite well.
I think the biggest barrier for Wizards will simply be their own schedule and business model. They've never released an expansion for a board game. I don't think they will (or should) release many, many small expansions for thier games the way Rio Grande or Fantasy Flights does.
Dungeon Command has expansion content for the Adventure System games, so that only leaves Nerath and Waterdeep. I bet we will see something for Waterdeep in 2013.
Dungeon Command has expansion content for the Adventure System games, so that only leaves Nerath and Waterdeep. I bet we will see something for Waterdeep in 2013.

You are right that Dungeon Command has cards for the Adventure System games, but I have hard time seeing that model working for Lords of Waterdeep. I continue to remain skeptical, but I hope you guys are right.